Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Covid and Fixtures (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/covid-and-fixtures-71446.html)

andyd 03-01-2021 08:53

Re: Covid and Fixtures

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1248684)
honestly i cannot see why there is so much tie and expense going onto this testing. you get tested say on friday and you are clear. there is nothing stopping you picking up the virus once away from the testing centre anyway, and like many people you have had the virus and not knew you had it. its not as if the test is 100 per cent accurate in the first place.

But if as John Coleman hinted at in an interview that testing at our level and below had been slap dash my words then with this new more infectious strain, tomorrow's mass testing could in theory show loads of non symptomatic positives. If this happens and leads to a few postponement,s surely the case for regular testing can't be ignored and the safety of players, staff, people in the stadium,s on match days must be put first.

VALAIRIAN 03-01-2021 10:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1248684)
honestly i cannot see why there is so much tie and expense going onto this testing. you get tested say on friday and you are clear. there is nothing stopping you picking up the virus once away from the testing centre anyway, and like many people you have had the virus and not knew you had it. its not as if the test is 100 per cent accurate in the first place.

I would say it is not about who has not got it, but who has.

If a player(s) is positive, you can keep them away from the rest, in an attempt to minimise the spread.

:) :) :)

andyd 03-01-2021 10:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1248694)
I would say it is not about who has not got it, but who has.

If a player(s) is positive, you can keep them away from the rest, in an attempt to minimise the spread.

That's the whole point of testing to spot isolate and stop the spread not just in football.

VALAIRIAN 03-01-2021 10:39

Agreed :)

andyd 03-01-2021 15:16

No plans to extend the season but FA have said no postponement,s due to Covid in the next round round as there is no space in the calendar, if you do ask for it off you forfeit the tie.

cashman 03-01-2021 15:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1248702)
No plans to extend the season but FA have said no postponement,s due to Covid in the next round round as there is no space in the calendar, if you do ask for it off you forfeit the tie.

thats a good example of how USELESS they are to me.

VALAIRIAN 03-01-2021 16:38

Quote:

Devils advocate, but just imagine if both teams in the tie were positive?!

VALAIRIAN 03-01-2021 16:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1248705)
Devils advocate, but just imagine if both teams in the tie were positive?!

And by the way, I would not be wish this upon ANYBODY!!

andyd 03-01-2021 18:28

Wigan latest with it next two league games off, how many more before it gets through to the EFL,s brainbox.

VALAIRIAN 03-01-2021 20:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1248541)
Teams in our League, bold highlights teams already had games off due to Covid - not sure which other teams?????

Lincoln City
Portsmouth
Hull
Doncaster
Peterborough
Charlton
Ipswich
Accrington
Crewe
Fleetwood
Sunderland
Blackpool
Gillingham
MK Dons
Oxford Utd
Shrewsbury
Plymouth
Wimbledon
Northampton
Rochdale
Bristol Rovers
Wigan
Swindon
Burton

:) :)

Updated as best as I could :)

Lost in Cornwall 04-01-2021 08:21

May not all be down to covid but teams should have played 22 games by now and the only one to have managed it is Burton who probably wish they hadn't.

andyd 04-01-2021 08:31

F.A. have woken up finally and said they don't think football below elite level will finish the season on schedule might finally realise it probably won't at elite level either.

monkey hanger 04-01-2021 08:55

Quote:

that could make this week quite interesting. the cynic in me would be surprised if there was any.

VALAIRIAN 04-01-2021 09:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1248711)
F.A. have woken up finally and said they don't think football below elite level will finish the season on schedule might finally realise it probably won't at elite level either.

Where is that reported Andy? :)

:)

andyd 04-01-2021 10:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1248715)
Where is that reported Andy? :)

:)

Ollie Baylis non league football TV presenter and journalist posted it on his Twitter account.