Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Covid and Fixtures (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/covid-and-fixtures-71446.html)

VALAIRIAN 31-12-2020 13:13

Covid and Fixtures

Just looked on the official site and - taking it as read - there are X9 free midweeks.

Not sure how many games we have missed, but we are about X4 short of most other teams.

Then there is the Papa don't preach trophy, which could add more games.

Weather could play its part too:- https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/...tion-tomorrow/

A view from Coley:- https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55497280

What do we think??

:) :) :)

andyd 31-12-2020 13:23

Re: Covid and Fixtures

Pitch inspection at 1-30 tomorrow apparently it froze the pitch under the covers at -5 last night me thinks it's 30/100 chance of being on. So if it is off we will be 5 games behind some with a minimum of 31 possible 35 to fit in 17 weeks?

cashman 31-12-2020 13:54

makes no difference andy what will be will be or so the song goes.:)though coleman i agree with the season needs extending

andyd 31-12-2020 13:57

John Coleman even called for a season extension on the radio this morning also saying that for the first 2 to 3 weeks Covid tests were regular then basically put to bed read into that what you want, says he likes to pick his strongest squad but being asked to play every 4 days that would be unfair on the legs of players so basically being pushed into selection of whose available, same argument Paul Warne was using but didn't want sanctions.

andyd 31-12-2020 13:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1248528)
makes no difference andy what will be will be or so the song goes.:)though coleman i agree with the season needs extending

But it does Cashy season has to finish before the end of June due to contracts gives 7 weeks to play with.

VALAIRIAN 31-12-2020 14:02

Bearing in mind that supporters are not travelling, the fact that there is an 'early warning' to me - just my opinion! - is not a good sign.... Like the Prediction League - I hope I am wrong ;)

VALAIRIAN 31-12-2020 14:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1248530)
But it does Cashy season has to finish before the end of June due to contracts gives 7 weeks to play with.

That is true of every season Andy, but there are the Euros to add another spanner in the works...... Unless they get cancelled - which I doubt :confused:

cashman 31-12-2020 14:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1248530)

i know but can be extended until just before then.

andyd 31-12-2020 14:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1248533)
i know but can be extended until just before then.

Try telling the EFL that

VALAIRIAN 31-12-2020 14:06

Play-offs to be factored in also.... ;)

andyd 31-12-2020 14:09

EFL more interested in saying things like try not to mix as much in the dressing room travel to games alone in your car, 200+ miles to an away game then play avoid one another in the dressing room after hugging each other after scoring then drive home again. Don't bother with testing it's to expensive.

andyd 31-12-2020 14:20

Shrewsbury and Fleetwood latest 2 clubs in league 1 to have outbreak 3 games off already Saturday and Fleetwood,s game Monday really starting to jam up now.

cashman 31-12-2020 14:22

Rochdale off also

Crown Grounder 31-12-2020 14:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1248531)
Bearing in mind that supporters are not travelling, the fact that there is an 'early warning' to me - just my opinion! - is not a good sign.... Like the Prediction League - I hope I am wrong ;)

Yeah maybe Valairian.........but Portsmouth is a long way for players and coaching staff to travel, as well as match officials. Assuming Pompey will stay overnight, they need to know if the game is on by 1.30pm tomorrow. Knowing the weather in Accy, height above sea level etc........I doubt the game will be on......probably would have needed tented structure over the pitch and heaters underneath........probably cost prohibitive for Stanley with or without normal match day income.......

VALAIRIAN 31-12-2020 14:28

Teams in our League, bold highlights teams already had games off due to Covid - not sure which other teams?????

Lincoln City
Portsmouth
Hull
Doncaster
Peterborough
Charlton
Ipswich
Accrington
Crewe
Fleetwood
Sunderland
Blackpool
Gillingham
MK Dons
Oxford Utd
Shrewsbury
Plymouth
Wimbledon
Northampton
Rochdale
Bristol Rovers
Wigan
Swindon

Burton

:) :)

andyd 31-12-2020 14:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crown Grounder (Post 1248540)
Yeah maybe Valairian.........but Portsmouth is a long way for players and coaching staff to travel, as well as match officials. Assuming Pompey will stay overnight, they need to know if the game is on by 1.30pm tomorrow. Knowing the weather in Accy, height above sea level etc........I doubt the game will be on......probably would have needed tented structure over the pitch and heaters underneath........probably cost prohibitive for Stanley with or without normal match day income.......

Well the covers were put on the other day but it was -5 here last night like I have said I live near the ground just been outside and it is just thawing now depends on tonight being + side of zero to stand any chance, the ref only sees the pitch at the time, Friday night Saturday morning forecast unless it changes isn't bad but it has to be right at 1-30 tomorrow afternoon less than 50/50 to me.

Crown Grounder 31-12-2020 16:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1248543)
Well the covers were put on the other day but it was -5 here last night like I have said I live near the ground just been outside and it is just thawing now depends on tonight being + side of zero to stand any chance, the ref only sees the pitch at the time, Friday night Saturday morning forecast unless it changes isn't bad but it has to be right at 1-30 tomorrow afternoon less than 50/50 to me.

Hope its on Andyd. I used to live across the road from the Crown pub just a bit lower down on Whalley Road. I lived there for over 20 years so know the winter weather. Forecast for Saturday is bright but near freezing during the day. Tomorrow looks a bit milder but still freezing overnight. Even if it gets the all clear at 1.30pm, the match referee may still call it off. Let's hope its playable.......I'm missing my football......

monkey hanger 01-01-2021 09:57

[QUOTE=Crown Grounder; Forecast for Saturday is bright but near freezing during the day. Tomorrow looks a bit milder but still freezing overnight. Even if it gets the all clear at 1.30pm, the match referee may still call it off. Let's hope its playable.......I'm missing my football......[/QUOTE]

the problem with frozen pitches is that even if 90 odd per cent of the pitch is playable just a small frozen part will deem it unplayable. remember the burton call off a few seasons ago.

VALAIRIAN 01-01-2021 10:46

Play-offs take place - finals - 29th-31st of May, so that is 3 weeks after the last game of the season.

Euro 2020, takes place from 11th June, I cannot see this date being moved, so there is not a huge amount of wriggle room, but the season could easily be extended by 2 weeks, which is X4 games.

Just have to see :)

Happy New Year everybody :)

andyd 01-01-2021 11:05

[QUOTE=VALAIRIAN;1248557]Play-offs take place - finals - 29th-31st of May, so that is 3 weeks after the last game of the season.

Euro 2020, takes place from 11th June, I cannot see this date being moved, so there is not a huge amount of wriggle room, but the season could easily be extended by 2 weeks, which is X4 games.

Just have to see :)

Happy New Year everybody :)

Easy isn't in the EFL vocabulary instead they have sent a letter to all clubs with 11 rules to try and follow with the new outbreak, among them use multiple coaches to game or travel to the game in your own car, turn up to training in your kit to avoid changing room contact, zoom if possible team meetings, etc, reactivate instead of proactive happy new year everyone, hopefully a more positive one, crowds back next season.

Twenty Eight 01-01-2021 12:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1248529)
John Coleman even called for a season extension on the radio this morning also saying that for the first 2 to 3 weeks Covid tests were regular then basically put to bed read into that what you want, says he likes to pick his strongest squad but being asked to play every 4 days that would be unfair on the legs of players so basically being pushed into selection of whose available, same argument Paul Warne was using but didn't want sanctions.

Look at the size of Warne's squad and theyre a championship set up.
You can't compare the two.
Warney tried it on because he didn't fancy taking the Tykes on who are playing well (by the way they've had covid squad issues but chose not to moan).
As a side note have any sanctions been applied to any club ?
No.

andyd 01-01-2021 13:02

We mustn't fancy playing Pompey been paying Jack Frost overtime, oops woke up 2021 that horrible Covid must have been a dream.

Chimer 01-01-2021 13:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1248541)
Teams in our League, bold highlights teams already had games off due to Covid - not sure which other teams?????

Lincoln City
Portsmouth
Hull
Doncaster
Peterborough
Charlton
Ipswich
Accrington
Crewe
Fleetwood
Sunderland
Blackpool
Gillingham
MK Dons
Oxford Utd
Shrewsbury
Plymouth
Wimbledon
Northampton
Rochdale
Bristol Rovers
Wigan
Swindon

Burton

This Saturday/Monday should have been matchday 21 I think. Only MK, Plymouth, Northampton, Swindon and Burton will have played 21 by Monday evening, so I reckon you can add Lincoln, Portsmouth, Hull, Doncaster,
Peterborough, Charlton, Ipswich, Crewe, Blackpool, Gillingham, Oxford, Wimbledon, Bristol Rovers and Wigan to your list .... :(

VALAIRIAN 01-01-2021 13:58

Looking at who is on-line, it is not looking good.....

Twenty Eight 01-01-2021 13:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1248566)
We mustn't fancy playing Pompey been paying Jack Frost overtime, oops woke up 2021 that horrible Covid must have been a dream.

Facts are facts. Rotherham had ONE test result outstanding. If every club cancelled on that basis season over.
They played end of.
Jack Frost decides his own destiny.

VALAIRIAN 01-01-2021 14:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimer (Post 1248577)
This Saturday/Monday should have been matchday 21 I think. Only MK, Plymouth, Northampton, Swindon and Burton will have played 21 by Monday evening, so I reckon you can add Lincoln, Portsmouth, Hull, Doncaster,
Peterborough, Charlton, Ipswich, Crewe, Blackpool, Gillingham, Oxford, Wimbledon, Bristol Rovers and Wigan to your list .... :(

Does not work that way necessarily my friend ;)

We had games off, but the opposition did not necessarily have Covid too....

VALAIRIAN 01-01-2021 14:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1248580)
Does not work that way necessarily my friend ;)

We had games off, but the opposition did not necessarily have Covid too....

But, you might be spot on :) :D

VALAIRIAN 01-01-2021 14:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1248566)

It is postponed already on the website fixtures???

VALAIRIAN 01-01-2021 14:24

And on B.B.C. website

andyd 01-01-2021 16:08

120 days now to fit minimum 31 games in clock ticking on decision on season extension especially with today's news on this new varient of Covid is much more infectious and spreading widely plus possible bad weather Stanley's game was off the minute that mercury dropped below 0.

cashman 01-01-2021 16:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1248593)
120 days now to fit minimum 31 games in clock ticking on decision on season extension especially with today's news on this new varient of Covid is much more infectious and spreading widely plus possible bad weather Stanley's game was off the minute that mercury dropped below 0.

yeh dont expect the E.F.L. to make a decision andy surely?:D

andyd 01-01-2021 16:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1248594)
yeh dont expect the E.F.L. to make a decision andy surely?:D

No they are to busy looking for a rule that states 3 points deducted for freezing your pitch.

anmc 01-01-2021 16:30

Portsmouth fan on Twitter thinks they should get the three points, we don't have under pitch heating, or we are scared to play them??

cashman 01-01-2021 17:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by anmc (Post 1248598)
Portsmouth fan on Twitter thinks they should get the three points, we don't have under pitch heating, or we are scared to play them??

just shows what dickheads support them.

andyd 01-01-2021 17:51

Bristol City asked for their game to be postponed tomorrow at Brentford due to players showing symptoms, can't get testing done as site shut for New year's Day, that will have minds at the EFL spinning.

VALAIRIAN 01-01-2021 18:08

Luton positive - game off

VALAIRIAN 01-01-2021 18:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1248602)
Bristol City asked for their game to be postponed tomorrow at Brentford due to players showing symptoms, can't get testing done as site shut for New year's Day, that will have minds at the EFL spinning.

Game off - Bristol positive

andyd 01-01-2021 19:28

Since this pandemic began the football authorities have been slow to react on a lot of things bailouts, etc, can't be easy but you should learn from errors, fans back in stadiums is as far away now as it was in March no income, so forward planning is a must an extension is a must or it will all end in tears. Clubs are businesses they need income and leadership something the EFL seems incapable of.

Twenty Eight 01-01-2021 19:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1248603)
Luton positive - game off

Jordans a bit under the weather so 10 days locked away. He tested positive.

andyd 01-01-2021 21:16

Bristol City and Luton with outbreak,s played each other Tuesday evening.

Chewbacca 02-01-2021 00:45

Quote:

Pompey always get games frozen off, even in the premier league when their chairman had given a 100% guarantee I game was on, called it off a few hours before as the covers and heaters they rented didn't thaw the middle of the pitch and it wasn't apparent until they removed the covers.

andyd 02-01-2021 08:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1248607)
Bristol City and Luton with outbreak,s played each other Tuesday evening.

And all linked arms before kickoff as a show against all forms of discrimination.

andyd 02-01-2021 08:33

Wimbledon v Lincoln the wombles had asked for the game to be postponed due to positive tests and isolation cases at both clubs and following protocol, the EFL insists the game is played what's going on?

monkey hanger 02-01-2021 09:17

after reading all these posts i have come to a conclusion. pro football must be the most unhealthy job of work in the country at the moment. being young, fit and healthy seems the best way to contract this virus.

andyd 02-01-2021 09:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1248616)
after reading all these posts i have come to a conclusion. pro football must be the most unhealthy job of work in the country at the moment. being young, fit and healthy seems the best way to contract this virus.

To me now even if mandatory testing was brought in at all elite levels it's pretty obvious this season isn't going to finish on time if the EFL won't make a decision maybe the clubs should get together and advise some course of action.

VALAIRIAN 02-01-2021 10:41

Does not affect us directly, but F.A. Cup news...., should make AndyD smile....https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...even-14-covid/

cashman 02-01-2021 11:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1248624)
Does not affect us directly, but F.A. Cup news...., should make AndyD smile....https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...even-14-covid/

That makes me smile never mind andy.

VALAIRIAN 02-01-2021 11:22

Thought it would mate ;)

andyd 02-01-2021 12:14

[QUOTE=VALAIRIAN;1248624]Does not affect us directly, but F.A. Cup news...., should make AndyD smile....https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...even-14-covid/

andyd 02-01-2021 12:15

F.A. does stand for ****ing assholes didn't you know.

andyd 02-01-2021 12:17

[QUOTE=VALAIRIAN;1248624]Does not affect us directly, but F.A. Cup news...., should make AndyD smile....https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...even-14-covid/

:)

andyd 02-01-2021 12:27

Swindon v Wigan off Jack Frost at it again only called off a hour ago so presumably Wigan have travelled naughty Swindon hand slapping time EFL?

andyd 02-01-2021 13:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1248624)

Should imagine the EFL will go down the same route and make teams play their fixtures with what they have fit and Covid free could be 14 same as FA says.

andyd 02-01-2021 13:08

If there is much more freezing temperatures they might make players play with skates on.

anmc 02-01-2021 13:23

Sorry, don't know how to edit a post, I meant that the Portsmouth fans were saying these things, not me!!

VALAIRIAN 02-01-2021 13:50

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by anmc (Post 1248640)
Sorry, don't know how to edit a post, I meant that the Portsmouth fans were saying these things, not me!!

And that is how I read it :)

andyd 02-01-2021 13:52

Newport with their notorious pitch call game off 90 minutes before kickoff Southend already arrived surely this is were you should be sanctioned even if it's only to refund Southend.

cashman 02-01-2021 14:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1248642)
Newport with their notorious pitch call game off 90 minutes before kickoff Southend already arrived surely this is were you should be sanctioned even if it's only to refund Southend.

agree but doubt if it will ever happen.

andyd 02-01-2021 14:44

Colchester v Tranmere called off outbreak in both camps.

andyd 02-01-2021 15:21

Rotherham v Cardiff called off a hour before game adverse worsening wether conditions forced the official,s to call it off for the sake of players safety that's rich.

cashman 02-01-2021 15:24

just heard the E.F.L. are going to instruct all clubs in the 3 divisions are going to be told they must test players twice a week. about time they got off their arses and did something imho.

Lord Stiffupperlip 02-01-2021 15:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1248648)
just heard the E.F.L. are going to instruct all clubs in the 3 divisions are going to be told they must test players twice a week. about time they got off their arses and did something imho.

Suppose it makes em look good but then - they don't have to pay for it!

cashman 02-01-2021 15:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip (Post 1248649)
Suppose it makes em look good but then - they don't have to pay for it!

exactly what i thought, but it does need doing imho.

andyd 02-01-2021 16:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1248650)
exactly what i thought, but it does need doing imho.

Clubs have been in this position before average squad size not counting under 21,s is 28 in league 1 and 26 in league 2 at £125 a pop twice a week work it out its costly, it does need doing but surely in these unprecedented times there should be some help with costs.

cashman 02-01-2021 16:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1248651)
Clubs have been in this position before average squad size not counting under 21,s is 28 in league 1 and 26 in league 2 at £125 a pop twice a week work it out its costly, it does need doing but surely in these unprecedented times there should be some help with costs.

personally i think the E.F.L. should finance it.

Mr T 02-01-2021 17:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1248648)

Where's that come from ???

All clubs are testing next week and nothing more (unless symptons showing) is being mentioned

The EFL got £50 million from the PL in December (thank you) but over the summer the Govt told them to give the EFL £250 million

Mr T 02-01-2021 17:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1248655)
personally i think the E.F.L. should finance it.

Cashy and all;

The EFL is owned by the 72 member clubs (equally)

If the EFL were to fund anything extra; the clubs would get less cash.

Due to a lack of income from all sources the EFL can't even guess at what we'll get next year

VALAIRIAN 02-01-2021 17:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr T (Post 1248657)

All clubs are testing next week and nothing more (unless symptons showing) is being mentioned

The EFL got £50 million from the PL in December (thank you) but over the summer the Govt told them to give the EFL £250 million

I have heard it somewhere today Mr.T, would not like to guess - but I will - I think it was on S.S.N!? :)

VALAIRIAN 02-01-2021 17:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr T (Post 1248658)
Cashy and all;

The EFL is owned by the 72 member clubs (equally)

If the EFL were to fund anything extra; the clubs would get less cash.

Due to a lack of income from all sources the EFL can't even guess at what we'll get next year

Cheers for that Mr.T, never looked at it that way before mate :)

andyd 02-01-2021 18:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr T (Post 1248657)

Yes I believe that's the scheduled test because it's FA cup weekend and the premiership are in round 3, looking at positive,s showing up doubt wether many games will go ahead when testing everyone, unless you have 14 players not positive or isolating.

andyd 02-01-2021 18:07

Is it not possible to use the cheaper 15 minutes turn around tests on the players maybe once in the week and pre-match or will the EFL or the medical teams not allow them?

Taypot 02-01-2021 18:32

Quote:

We are scared of nobody - we drink milk!

Crown Grounder 02-01-2021 22:12

The twice weekly Covid testing requirement for all teams in he EFL was reported as a decision on the EFL highlights show on Quest tonight at about 10.05pm. They said the decision had been made by the EFL.

Crown Grounder 02-01-2021 22:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crown Grounder (Post 1248680)
The twice weekly Covid testing requirement for all teams in he EFL was reported as a decision on the EFL highlights show on Quest tonight at about 10.05pm. They said the decision had been made by the EFL.

Just checked EFL website. There is nothing about twice weekly testing on the EFL website, so don't know where Quest have got the information from?

monkey hanger 03-01-2021 09:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crown Grounder (Post 1248680)

honestly i cannot see why there is so much tie and expense going onto this testing. you get tested say on friday and you are clear. there is nothing stopping you picking up the virus once away from the testing centre anyway, and like many people you have had the virus and not knew you had it. its not as if the test is 100 per cent accurate in the first place.

andyd 03-01-2021 09:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1248684)
honestly i cannot see why there is so much tie and expense going onto this testing. you get tested say on friday and you are clear. there is nothing stopping you picking up the virus once away from the testing centre anyway, and like many people you have had the virus and not knew you had it. its not as if the test is 100 per cent accurate in the first place.

But if as John Coleman hinted at in an interview that testing at our level and below had been slap dash my words then with this new more infectious strain, tomorrow's mass testing could in theory show loads of non symptomatic positives. If this happens and leads to a few postponement,s surely the case for regular testing can't be ignored and the safety of players, staff, people in the stadium,s on match days must be put first.

VALAIRIAN 03-01-2021 11:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1248684)

I would say it is not about who has not got it, but who has.

If a player(s) is positive, you can keep them away from the rest, in an attempt to minimise the spread.

andyd 03-01-2021 11:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1248694)
I would say it is not about who has not got it, but who has.

If a player(s) is positive, you can keep them away from the rest, in an attempt to minimise the spread.

That's the whole point of testing to spot isolate and stop the spread not just in football.

VALAIRIAN 03-01-2021 11:39

Agreed :)

andyd 03-01-2021 16:16

No plans to extend the season but FA have said no postponement,s due to Covid in the next round round as there is no space in the calendar, if you do ask for it off you forfeit the tie.

cashman 03-01-2021 16:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1248702)
No plans to extend the season but FA have said no postponement,s due to Covid in the next round round as there is no space in the calendar, if you do ask for it off you forfeit the tie.

thats a good example of how USELESS they are to me.

VALAIRIAN 03-01-2021 17:38

Quote:

Devils advocate, but just imagine if both teams in the tie were positive?!

VALAIRIAN 03-01-2021 17:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1248705)
Devils advocate, but just imagine if both teams in the tie were positive?!

And by the way, I would not be wish this upon ANYBODY!!

andyd 03-01-2021 19:28

Wigan latest with it next two league games off, how many more before it gets through to the EFL,s brainbox.

VALAIRIAN 03-01-2021 21:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1248541)

Lincoln City
Portsmouth
Hull
Doncaster
Peterborough
Charlton
Ipswich
Accrington
Crewe
Fleetwood
Sunderland
Blackpool
Gillingham
MK Dons
Oxford Utd
Shrewsbury
Plymouth
Wimbledon
Northampton
Rochdale
Bristol Rovers
Wigan
Swindon
Burton

Updated as best as I could :)

Lost in Cornwall 04-01-2021 09:21

May not all be down to covid but teams should have played 22 games by now and the only one to have managed it is Burton who probably wish they hadn't.

andyd 04-01-2021 09:31

F.A. have woken up finally and said they don't think football below elite level will finish the season on schedule might finally realise it probably won't at elite level either.

monkey hanger 04-01-2021 09:55

Quote:

that could make this week quite interesting. the cynic in me would be surprised if there was any.

VALAIRIAN 04-01-2021 10:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1248711)
F.A. have woken up finally and said they don't think football below elite level will finish the season on schedule might finally realise it probably won't at elite level either.

Where is that reported Andy? :)

andyd 04-01-2021 11:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1248715)
Where is that reported Andy? :)

Ollie Baylis non league football TV presenter and journalist posted it on his Twitter account.

VALAIRIAN 04-01-2021 11:32

Cheers :)

andyd 04-01-2021 11:33

Postponed Hull away game rearranged for 19th January so that means we play them twice in seven days with the home fixture on the 26th both Tuesday tea time 5-30 pm kickoff,s.

andyd 04-01-2021 13:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1248711)

With news changing rapidly on Covid, and emerging news that even further restrictions are coming so close to lockdown I would think and possibly for weeks I would think below elite level the season won't continue, elite level is anyone,s guess.

cashman 04-01-2021 13:29

We are Elite Level in my eyes.

andyd 04-01-2021 15:23

Boris on at 8 tonight expect to follow Scotland,s announcement back to full lockdown till at least the end of January but many expect until the spring. Won't be dusting down the scarf,s and rattle,s anytime soon drat and double drat, IFollow it is then.

VALAIRIAN 04-01-2021 18:04

A pity that we will not be able to see him in the flesh - so to speak...

https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/...robbo-returns/

andyd 04-01-2021 20:30

With this new lockdown announced and transmission rates between 50% and 70% with this new varient confirmed and elite sports allowed to continue surely regular testing of participants irigardless of cost should be implemented especially as reports from some hospitals are saying patients across all ages are quite ill, players themselves with regards to their families safety should be through their union be lobbying for it.

andyd 04-01-2021 21:07

Didn't take long from today's testing Derby county several players positive will Chorley be awarded the tie, should imagine a few more clubs will be affected, when will it all end getting demoralised more by the hour get them jabs rolling, was at hospital today and my nurse was vaccinated on Xmas Eve a bit of bright news and hope for the coming weeks.

andyd 04-01-2021 21:15

Sheffield Wednesday.

MikeA 05-01-2021 05:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1248746)
Didn't take long from today's testing Derby county several players positive will Chorley be awarded the tie, should imagine a few more clubs will be affected, when will it all end getting demoralised more by the hour get them jabs rolling, was at hospital today and my nurse was vaccinated on Xmas Eve a bit of bright news and hope for the coming weeks.

The Derby Telegraph thinks that Derby may field a team of youngsters:
https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/spo...-means-4855102