Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Shrewsbury town thread (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/shrewsbury-town-thread-71508.html)

andyd 20-02-2021 07:24

Shrewsbury town thread

Very difficult home game this Town are hard to break down and also they have a good record at the Wham last 9 league games W5 D2 L2 so we need to be at it and all over them going for same 18 and starting 11 although Coley and co might think different as a lot of tired legs after Wednesday night.

VALAIRIAN 20-02-2021 08:07

Re: Shrewsbury town thread

Although Coley does not know/understand rotation/squad members and substitutions, this is the time he needs to learn quickly! :)

Did not use subs last game, only 1 sub (90+4 does not count in my eyes!) the game before...

Yes he is the Football Genius, but with a couple of tweaks, he would be a Super Genius (Google tells me this is higher than Genius!! :D)

"Johnny Coleman Super Football Genius" will be ringing out of the Clayton End next season....... ;)

:) :) :)

VALAIRIAN 20-02-2021 08:10

By the way, I would be looking at going back to a 3 and giving some game time to Harvey and Tariq :)

cashman 20-02-2021 09:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1250529)
Although Coley does not know/understand rotation/squad members and substitutions, this is the time he needs to learn quickly! :)

Did not use subs last game, only 1 sub (90+4 does not count in my eyes!) the game before...

Yes he is the Football Genius, but with a couple of tweaks, he would be a Super Genius (Google tells me this is higher than Genius!! :D)

"Johnny Coleman Super Football Genius" will be ringing out of the Clayton End next season....... ;)

Hope yer right mate but very much doubt it he is too stubborn for his own good i think, hope very much i am wrong.

Exile on Spencer St 20-02-2021 09:30

Subs for subs sake? If the eleven who played on Wednesday are fit, what’s the purpose of starting differently?
I’m sure any of the squad would do a good job but Professor Coleman seems to have the “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” approach.
Having said that, he made an early change against Northampton (it was them, wasn’t it, games are coming so fast it’s hard to keep up) when things needed to change.
But whoever plays, good luck to ‘em.

cashman 20-02-2021 09:32

not subs for subs sake at all its common sense if ones tiring or got a bit ofv a knock.

andyd 20-02-2021 09:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1250534)
Subs for subs sake? If the eleven who played on Wednesday are fit, what’s the purpose of starting differently?
I’m sure any of the squad would do a good job but Professor Coleman seems to have the “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” approach.
Having said that, he made an early change against Northampton (it was them, wasn’t it, games are coming so fast it’s hard to keep up) when things needed to change.
But whoever plays, good luck to ‘em.

Without being privy to training sessions all we see is the actual game time I personally think Bishop looked tired but at the moment no striker replacement,s fit, Conneelly has worked his socks off played well but took a heavy challenge Wednesday, nothing wrong with keeping same 11 but these aren't normal times and games twice a week. I think the coaching staff or certainly hope so won't push any players to hard so it's wait and see.

Whalley Red 20-02-2021 10:34

How long will Pritchard be out?

I haven't seen anything that detailed his injury.

accybeme 20-02-2021 10:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1250529)

I too used to verse a complaint about Coley's use or lack of use of subs, now with Stanley way up the table in league 1, it does seem like the title football genius is a title justly deserved

Lemur 20-02-2021 10:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whalley Red (Post 1250540)
How long will Pritchard be out?

I haven't seen anything that detailed his injury.

was it not a three game ban, for the sending off against Northampton, so he will be eligible for today or have i missed that he his injured as well

cashman 20-02-2021 10:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lemur (Post 1250542)
was it not a three game ban, for the sending off against Northampton, so he will be eligible for today or have i missed that he his injured as well

it said somewhere the lad was injured but cant remember where,but i thought twas a 1 game ban?

Lemur 20-02-2021 10:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1250543)
it said somewhere the lad was injured but cant remember where,but i thought twas a 1 game ban?

yes just found it cashy hamstring injury, conneely took a knock on wednesday

Chimer 20-02-2021 11:31

With two games a week every week until the end of the season, I would think some rotation is essential to prevent a first-choice eleven all running out of energy at the same time. Question is, given rotation inevitably weakens the side from said first-choice eleven a bit, do you rotate against weaker sides and hope you manage to squeak a win anyway, or against stronger sides and effectively write off a game you'd be likely to lose anyway? Or just do a minor rotation every game?

Coley's mantra of course is that there are no easy games ...... it's a puzzler!

cashman 20-02-2021 11:39

myself if a player is knackered or taken a knock i think its a good idea to sub them no matter who we play.

andyd 20-02-2021 13:16

Well it's the same 18 same starting 11 that answers that, Pritchard, Cassidy and Roberts surely must be close to full fitness.