Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   New signing,s 2021/22 (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/new-signing-s-2021-22-a-71691.html)

andyd 14-05-2021 15:33

New signing,s 2021/22

Welcome Harry Pell 3 year deal fantastic signing IMHO one of my favourite lower league midfielder,s in recent years.

VALAIRIAN 14-05-2021 15:47

Re: New signing,s 2021/22

What sort of a midfielder is he???

I am looking for a Matty Crooks type :)

:) :) :)

andyd 14-05-2021 15:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1253956)
What sort of a midfielder is he???

I am looking for a Matty Crooks type :)

A good un tall 6ft 4 ins gets about and can score seen him a few times against Stanley and has always left a good impression.

AccyMad 14-05-2021 16:02

Who'd have thought we'd be talking about new signings in May!! Never been known as far back as I can remember (& it's a while) - shows our determination to improve on this season, welcome aboard Harry

VALAIRIAN 14-05-2021 16:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1253960)
Who'd have thought we'd be talking about new signings in May!! Never been known as far back as I can remember (& it's a while) - shows our determination to improve on this season, welcome aboard Harry

Thinking the same myself AccyMad :)

VALAIRIAN 14-05-2021 16:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1253959)
A good un tall 6ft 4 ins gets about and can score seen him a few times against Stanley and has always left a good impression.

From reading his own write up, I get the impression he might be more like Proccy :)

Great signing if he is :)

Like the bits he says about Billy and Sean ;)

choirboy 14-05-2021 20:15

Harry Pell sounds like a great signing. Tall, strong and experienced midfielder who also scores goals. Looking forward to seeing him ‘in the flesh’ along with the rest of the developing squad.:mosher:

Twenty Eight 14-05-2021 20:40

Always played well against us in the past.
What we hoped Russell would be in many tespects.

choirboy 15-05-2021 07:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1253963)
Harry Pell sounds like a great signing. Tall, strong and experienced midfielder who also scores goals. Looking forward to seeing him ‘in the flesh’ along with the rest of the developing squad.:mosher:

A really super interview with Harry Pell on the ‘fishy’ site! Intelligent and enthusiastic character. Talks about his respect for Stanley and the management and how he used to hate playing against us because of the commitment and energy that our teams have always displayed under John Coleman! Looks like a superb early signing.:theband::jimbo:

Exile on Spencer St 15-05-2021 07:39

I remember him from games against Cheltenham, and the fact he stood out (not just physically!) in a couple of games. One match he ran their midfield and really caused Stanley a lot of problems. Hope he does well, and as Accymad notes, is this the first time we’ve secured a player in May?

monkey hanger 15-05-2021 08:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1253974)
A really super interview with Harry Pell on the ‘fishy’ site! Intelligent and enthusiastic character. Talks about his respect for Stanley and the management and how he used to hate playing against us because of the commitment and energy that our teams have always displayed under John Coleman! Looks like a superb early signing.:theband::jimbo:

i certainly like the sound of him. coley must be really interested in the lad as early august is the usual signing date for new players not early may. sounds like a first choice player in his recruitment.

choirboy 15-05-2021 10:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1253977)
i certainly like the sound of him. coley must be really interested in the lad as early august is the usual signing date for new players not early may. sounds like a first choice player in his recruitment.

I think that Stanley are in a much better position now in order to be able to attract players to the club.:mosher:
ie. We were always at the back of the queue, hence August before signing any players on.
:(
Perhaps now we are nearer the front of the queue!:jimbo:
Possible reasons for this are: a) The magnificent improvements, since Andy Holt became Chairman, in the way the club is run and to the infrastructure of The Wham stadium and in training facilities. b) Our consolidation as a solid League One club with the potential to win promotion. c) Better contracts can be offered due to this added security.:mosher:
ON STANLEY ON:theband:
Can’t wait for the new season and pre season to kick off!
:wave8:

cashman 15-05-2021 10:27

i am also looking forward big time to the pre season and fixtures start.Also the influence of Billy Kee with the new signing just shows what ex players think of our club.

LongLostSon 15-05-2021 15:46

So, hated playing agin us did ya Harry - well, never seen ya play, but always groaned when I saw your name in the line up for the opposition as match commentaries gave impression you were a right nightmare for Stanley. Glad you're now one of us.

monkey hanger 16-05-2021 07:55

[QUOTE=choirboy;
Perhaps now we are nearer the front of the queue!:jimbo:
Possible reasons for this are: a) The magnificent improvements, since Andy Holt became Chairman, in the way the club is run and to the infrastructure of The Wham stadium and in training facilities. b) Our consolidation as a solid League One club with the potential to win promotion. c) Better contracts can be offered due to this added security.:mosher:
ON STANLEY ON:theband:

if i was a player i,d rather play for stanley for a bit less money than some club who is owned by a clown and change their manager after he dares to lose a couple of games. there is an element of security at stanley if a player knuckles down, do what he is told and give there best.