Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Match day walk on prices (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/match-day-walk-on-prices-71810.html)

AccyMad 19-07-2021 07:27

Match day walk on prices

So apparently we are going to be categorising games with category A matches being £25, B still at £20 & C at £15, all with relevant concession prices.
Think there are only 4 'A' games, Sheffield, Bolton, Wigan & Sunderland, the majority are 'B' games & a handful (MK Dons, Wimbledon, Oxford & Gillingham) are 'C' category.
We've never done this before I don't think - just wondering what everyone thinks about it?

VALAIRIAN 19-07-2021 07:37

Re: Match day walk on prices

We used to have different categories before - unless I have dreamt it - and I believe that people were not in favour??

:) :) :)

VALAIRIAN 19-07-2021 07:41

For what my opinion is worth, trying to maximise income for bigger teams, is a good idea :)

Will not affect season tickets holders and it will earn a few more ££ from away tickets, on the other hand, teams who only bring a handful, will not make much difference by reducing the price :)

:) :) :)

cashman 19-07-2021 08:09

makes good sense to me. may increase season ticket sales?

monkey hanger 19-07-2021 08:18

no guarentee by paying more for an A that it will be better than a C game. all first team fixtures where we go to watch stanley without much thought about the opposition. anyone taking a young kid along swerving those A games might be a good idea.

monkey hanger 19-07-2021 08:21

[QUOTE=VALAIRIAN;1255294]For what my opinion is worth, trying to maximise income for bigger teams, is a good idea :)

Will not affect season tickets holders and it will earn a few more ££ from away tickets, on the other hand, teams who only bring a handful, will not make much difference by reducing the price :)

yes, afted doing a say 400 mile round trip to watch the game a few quid less on the admission cost will not be a deal breaker.

andyd 19-07-2021 11:12

Sunderland fans won't mind paying an extra fiver
for the pleasure of being soaked to the skin�� but seriously I personally think it would have been better to charge more for every game to sit and cheaper to stand for the away fans only.

Chewbacca 19-07-2021 14:33

£25 is very steep for a Stanley game, I know other clubs charge £25 on the day but if you buy in advance it is normally £5 or more cheaper.

Last time we had categories there was a £2 difference. With these thing in football the crowds will decrease slightly but revenue increases.

I can see other pubs putting up prices for on the day too, most pubs in accy have increased prices by about 15% for beer in the last 18 months.

andyd 19-07-2021 14:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewbacca (Post 1255315)
£25 is very steep for a Stanley game, I know other clubs charge £25 on the day but if you buy in advance it is normally £5 or more cheaper.

Last time we had categories there was a £2 difference. With these thing in football the crowds will decrease slightly but revenue increases.

I can see other pubs putting up prices for on the day too, most pubs in accy have increased prices by about 15% for beer in the last 18 months.

As the old saying goes you only have so much disposable income if that doesn't increase in line with inflation something has to go.

mab 19-07-2021 22:22

Be interesting to see what the big 4s fans think of this not forgetting Portsmouth and Rotherham and of cause Morecambe who all will bring sizeable followings🙂

monkey hanger 20-07-2021 08:42

not bothered about a price rise as you expect it nowadays. its just having 3 catogaries that i,m against. rather pay one for every league game no matter who our opponents are.

The Red Darreners 20-07-2021 13:39

As I understand it the increase for 'Category A' games is a mitigation for the much higher policing costs accrued by the club for the games v Sunderland, Sheff Wed, Wigan and Bolton, in which case I don't think it's unreasonable.

Chewbacca 20-07-2021 13:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Red Darreners (Post 1255338)
As I understand it the increase for 'Category A' games is a mitigation for the much higher policing costs accrued by the club for the games v Sunderland, Sheff Wed, Wigan and Bolton, in which case I don't think it's unreasonable.

The extra crowd numbers pay for the policing themselves and more. Football clubs always used to that excuse to make more money out of high demand games.

The Red Darreners 20-07-2021 14:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewbacca (Post 1255339)
The extra crowd numbers pay for the policing themselves and more. Football clubs always used to that excuse to make more money out of high demand games.

This may or may not be the case Chewie - I'm not privy to the figures; I do remember coming out of recent games v Bolton and Blackpool anf feeling anxious that the Police were under-represented.

Moreover Mr Holt has always seemed to us to match his words about our club with sensible, proportionate and humane actions - I'd be astonished if he proposed the pricing of these games simply as a means of making a few extra quid...

Chewbacca 20-07-2021 15:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Red Darreners (Post 1255340)
This may or may not be the case Chewie - I'm not privy to the figures; I do remember coming out of recent games v Bolton and Blackpool anf feeling anxious that the Police were under-represented.

Moreover Mr Holt has always seemed to us to match his words about our club with sensible, proportionate and humane actions - I'd be astonished if he proposed the pricing of these games simply as a means of making a few extra quid...

I would be astounded if it wasn't about making money, 12,000 fans pay £5 more and about 1,000 pay £5 less. Makes sense from a business perspective to fleece away fans and part time home fans, especially if demand is ends up greater than the capacity of the ground for the bigger games. I doubt Wigan will be in the top four crowds though.