Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   2021/22 Prediction League; Game 1 v Wycombe Wanderers (away) (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/2021-22-prediction-league-game-1-v-wycombe-wanderers-away-71827.html)

Lord Stiffupperlip 07-08-2021 08:48

Re: 2021/22 Prediction League; Game 1 v Wycombe Wanderers (away)

In appreciation of the massive amount of time, effort & wit devoted by D3N & Chimer to this column, I have decided to dust off my crystal ball & return to the fray!
If you can't be optimistic on day one, why bother?
At Adams Park we'll make our mark!
Wycombe 1 - Stanley 3

Div3North 07-08-2021 08:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip (Post 1255860)
In appreciation of the massive amount of time, effort & wit devoted by D3N & Chimer to this column, I have decided to dust off my crystal ball & return to the fray!
If you can't be optimistic on day one, why bother?
At Adams Park we'll make our mark!
Wycombe 1 - Stanley 3

Welcome back, m’Lud!

:theband::theband::theband:

Taypot 07-08-2021 09:14

Wycombe 3 Stanley 1

Div3North 07-08-2021 09:51

Hmmmm!

Stanley 2 HWW 0

:theband::theband::theband:

Tom D 07-08-2021 10:01

1-0 win for Stanley please

LongLostSon 07-08-2021 10:02

a Desmond to open

Tommy McQueen 07-08-2021 10:16

Wycombe 1 Stanley 2 please
Thanks for running again.

mab 07-08-2021 11:46

:) Wycombe Wanderers 1-2 Accrington Stanley :) Please for me

Leylandii 07-08-2021 12:57

Interestingly, according to the BT phone thingy, there are at least 8 Mills in High Wycombe and 11 Moor/Moores in Solihull.

Wycombe Wanderers 1 Accrington Stanley 1

nige b 07-08-2021 13:08

Cheers chaps for doing this again...much appreciated

I'm sadly going 2-1 Wickham and Ange going 2-1 Stanley

VALAIRIAN 07-08-2021 13:12

Tentative opening game........ 1-1 please chaps :)

Shurm 07-08-2021 13:12

2-0 to Wycombe

Chimer 09-08-2021 09:22

Nige Sets The Pace as The Cock-Eyed Suffer

Well that was a great way to start, wasn't it? Fancy forgetting to enter your own competition on the opening day :rolleyes: - and things didn't go as well as they might have in Wycombe, either.

But some people got what they wanted - sort of ......

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwi John (Post 1255851)
1-1...1 point will do first up.

and one point is what you got, Kiwi :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by LongLostSon (Post 1255868)
a Desmond to open

For those not in the know, this references Bishop Desmond Tutu, South African anti-apartheid and civil rights activist. LongLost is therefore predicting a two-all draw (2-2, see ;)). By mathematically doubtful extension, Div3North has determined a half-Desmond is 1-1 :confused: .... we do usually allow such frivolities, but may resort to VAR :eek: if appropriate.

Preliminaries over, just 4 of you jumped ship on day 1 to the extent of forecasting black defeat, and unfortunately you were right :mad:. Only Nige B hit the spot exactly, his 2-1 prediction getting him 5 points, 3 :):):) for the right outcome (us losing), 1 bonus point :) for "Wycombe 1" and another bonus point :) for "Stanley 1". That's how it works, OK? The other cynics all got 4 - Shurm and StanleyJosh both getting their bonus from Wycombe's 2, and Taypot from Stanley's 1. And roughly half of the rest of you started off with a single bonus point :) one way or the other.

I don't publish a table until about four games into the season, because it becomes harder to add new players once the table exists, and hopefully there'll be some more joining over the next few games (me, for one :o). And something else that helps me and reduces the chances of cock-ups is if you make your forecasts with Stanley's score first, whether we're at home or away. Pretty please?

So off we go to Rotherham for a little Caraboa diversion (our prediction league only includes the 46 EFL fixtures, not any cups or playoff games) before we welcome Cambridge for a good whamming next Saturday. Things can only get better .....

On Stanley On!!

VALAIRIAN 09-08-2021 09:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimer (Post 1256007)
Nige Sets The Pace as The Cock-Eyed Suffer

Well that was a great way to start, wasn't it? Fancy forgetting to enter your own competition on the opening day :rolleyes: - and things didn't go as well as they might have in Wycombe, either.

But some people got what they wanted - sort of ......

and one point is what you got, Kiwi :D

For those not in the know, this references Bishop Desmond Tutu, South African anti-apartheid and civil rights activist. LongLost is therefore predicting a two-all draw (2-2, see ;)). By mathematically doubtful extension, Div3North has determined a half-Desmond is 1-1 :confused: .... we do usually allow such frivolities, but may resort to VAR :eek: if appropriate.

Preliminaries over, just 4 of you jumped ship on day 1 to the extent of forecasting black defeat, and unfortunately you were right :mad:. Only Nige B hit the spot exactly, his 2-1 prediction getting him 5 points, 3 :):):) for the right outcome (us losing), 1 bonus point :) for "Wycombe 1" and another bonus point :) for "Stanley 1". That's how it works, OK? The other cynics all got 4 - Shurm and StanleyJosh both getting their bonus from Wycombe's 2, and Taypot from Stanley's 1. And roughly half of the rest of you started off with a single bonus point :) one way or the other.

I don't publish a table until about four games into the season, because it becomes harder to add new players once the table exists, and hopefully there'll be some more joining over the next few games (me, for one :o). And something else that helps me and reduces the chances of cock-ups is if you make your forecasts with Stanley's score first, whether we're at home or away. Pretty please?

So off we go to Rotherham for a little Caraboa diversion (our prediction league only includes the 46 EFL fixtures, not any cups or playoff games) before we welcome Cambridge for a good whamming next Saturday. Things can only get better .....

On Stanley On!!

Come on Chimer my good man ;)

I am hopeful - that along with Stanley - things will get better ;)

:) :) :)

Chimer 09-08-2021 12:25

Good point well made. Of course I meant Ipswich :D