Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   The league return of the fans matchday thread (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/the-league-return-of-the-fans-matchday-thread-71864.html)

chevyfire 14-08-2021 11:04

The league return of the fans matchday thread

Very excited regards today, looking forward to seeing everyone back at the ground.
Be loud and proud, play your part within the mighty reds of Accrington.
3 points would be nice to start.
Let's spread positivity throughout are fan base.
I am excited to see how Pell plays for us. Cambridge from past memories are usually a physical outfit.
Enjoy the day all.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

cashman 14-08-2021 11:28

Re: The league return of the fans matchday thread

spot on think most people are excited today have seen 3 friendlies and enjoyed but not the same.;)

andyd 14-08-2021 11:33

Hopefully a great day for everyone unfortunately can't make the first game back but I,ll be there in spirit come on Stanley.

andyd 14-08-2021 13:15

Line up :-
Trafford.
Pritchard. Rodgers. Sykes. Nottingham. McConville.
Pell. Morgan. Butcher.
Bishop. Charles.
Subs:-. Isherwood. Mumbango. Proctor. Leigh. Sully. Perritt. Nolan.

No Burgess apparently off to Ipswich, no Savin haven't heard any rumours about him so presume he's had a knock. Hope we get close to seven figures for Burgess.

Kiwi John 14-08-2021 14:01

C'mon STANLEY.

Kiwi John 14-08-2021 14:16

YESSSSSSSSSS..Here we go

Kiwi John 14-08-2021 14:32

Oh yesss-Mr Pell...I love this game.

Kiwi John 14-08-2021 15:42

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ...they scored...how dare they. :(

Kiwi John 14-08-2021 15:59

Good stuff STANLEY...and the nasty tractor thieves lost to make it even better.

cashman 14-08-2021 16:35

thought we played well 1st half, second half complete GARBAGE.

andyd 14-08-2021 16:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1256275)

One positive Cashy is we beat a side expected to be closer to the bottom than the top, if we continue and play well and beat the better sides we are in for a decent season. Good to hear Trafford overcame a mistake for their goal to make two decent saves shows signs of a decent keeper.

cashman 14-08-2021 17:08

agree he made a real mess of their goal imho.

Exile on Spencer St 14-08-2021 18:10

Great three points for Stanley but, as ever, it was a very nervy last 15 minutes.
My MotM was their Houlihan! First half Morgan was clearly told to mark him closely, and he did a good job in nullifying his tricks. Stanley easily the better team in the first 45 and deserved the lead.
But, second half, Houlihan positioned himself out on their right up against McConville. Morgan had to stay central, so Houlihan’s influence grew in the second half. And the dreaded complacency of a 2-0 lead led to a panicky defence once Cambridge got their, somewhat lucky, goal.
But, considering the circumstances hinted at by Professor Coleman, it was a fab day back at Whambley.

cashman 14-08-2021 19:23

Can someone explain to me please HOW we had 3 players booked and Cambridge had none? the only reason i could see were the officials were useless! the linesman on the new stand side in particular the ref was not much better i saw 2 penalties we should have had and was backed up by a ref that stands with us.

VALAIRIAN 14-08-2021 19:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1256292)
Can someone explain to me please HOW we had 3 players booked and Cambridge had none? the only reason i could see were the officials were useless! the linesman on the new stand side in particular the ref was not much better i saw 2 penalties we should have had and was backed up by a ref that stands with us.

As I saw it Cashy, at least 2 of our lads 'took one for the team' and there is the difference mate :)

Tin Monkey 14-08-2021 19:55

While I welcome the 3 points, I thought we were lucky to grab all of them.

Cambridge had 3 really good chances in the first half and at least as many in the second. If their players had made better contact, then we'd have been in real trouble.

Having said that, we saw it through and grabbed the victory, so who am I to complain?

I thought Morgan had a good game protecting the defense, with Pell and Butcher also standing out going forward. The worry I have is the same as the Bradford game... we look weak through the middle. Doncaster on Tuesday will have better finishers and we'll be punished far more harshly than Cambridge could manage today.

Let's hope we can adopt a system to cover these flaws.

AccyMad 14-08-2021 20:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1256275)

Bit harsh Cashy, we were coasting in the first half but in the second Cambridge had obviously had a kick up the jacksy & upped their game, & but for the unfortunate mistake for their goal which then got their tails up I think we'd have seen the game out easier but see it out we did despite the 5 minutes the ref deemed necessary - 3 points gained in the Stanley nail biting way, wouldn't have it any differently :D

andyd 14-08-2021 21:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tin Monkey (Post 1256294)
While I welcome the 3 points, I thought we were lucky to grab all of them.

Cambridge had 3 really good chances in the first half and at least as many in the second. If their players had made better contact, then we'd have been in real trouble.

Having said that, we saw it through and grabbed the victory, so who am I to complain?

I thought Morgan had a good game protecting the defense, with Pell and Butcher also standing out going forward. The worry I have is the same as the Bradford game... we look weak through the middle. Doncaster on Tuesday will have better finishers and we'll be punished far more harshly than Cambridge could manage today.

Let's hope we can adopt a system to cover these flaws.

Doncaster will be smarting after 2 opening defeats and 0 points on the board will have to be at the top of our game as we have with every team at this level, but Doncaster haven't a good record at our place.

chevyfire 14-08-2021 22:14

It felt like things had not changed in my 18 months away from the Wham.
Accy still have ability to grind out wins and we still like to make it hard for ourselves!
First half took our chances well, second half Cambridge forced us back/we dropped too deep but we showed good resilience to hang on.
Pleased will Pell and Butcher in midfield.
Team was as expected, our forwards are a good threat going forward, but we look suscectable to pace at the back.
Morgan and Rodgers came in and did solid jobs. The subs bench looked a bit light of quality for changes.
It was great to be back in the ground, thanks to Jase and the gang for display and the supporters trust for their behind the scenes. On Stanley on! (To Tuesday)

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

cashman 15-08-2021 07:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1256298)
Bit harsh Cashy, we were coasting in the first half but in the second Cambridge had obviously had a kick up the jacksy & upped their game, & but for the unfortunate mistake for their goal which then got their tails up I think we'd have seen the game out easier but see it out we did despite the 5 minutes the ref deemed necessary - 3 points gained in the Stanley nail biting way, wouldn't have it any differently :D

Disagree di its an honest view i defy anyone who was yon to say any different oer our second half performance,

monkey hanger 15-08-2021 08:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1256292)

what do you expect when they fast track blokes to do the job. does not seem 5 minutes since he was reffing in the national league north. wasn,t much cop at that stage either. the only thing in his favour was our cautions were justified but they should have had the first one when one of our lads was hauled down near the penalty area when we were attacking. think only a short time after that we got our first which incenced coley and quite rightly.

VALAIRIAN 15-08-2021 08:16

Did not hear it announced, or hear it in the post match interview.

Who was man of the match yesterday?? :)

:) :)

monkey hanger 15-08-2021 08:20

at times even in the first half our defence seemed all at sea. a better side who could finish would have gone home with the points. we looked good going forward but really shaky in defence. for me we need a couple of experianced defenders especially a proper left back. i imagine yesterdays win only papered over the cracks for coley as well as most around me thought.

monkey hanger 15-08-2021 08:22

[QUOTE=VALAIRIAN;1256305]Did not hear it announced, or hear it in the post match interview.

Who was man of the match yesterday?? :)

didn,t hear it either. for me it should have been pell but you can never tell with these awards.

VALAIRIAN 15-08-2021 08:40

Did not like Dion giving his shirt away at the end...........

monkey hanger 15-08-2021 08:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1256312)

that is a worry. just cannot see us keeping him to be honest. if he does go i hope it will be sooner rather than a minute before the transfer period is over.

VALAIRIAN 15-08-2021 08:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1256263)
Line up :-
Trafford.
Pritchard. Rodgers. Sykes. Nottingham. McConville.
Pell. Morgan. Butcher.
Bishop. Charles.
Subs:-. Isherwood. Mumbango. Proctor. Leigh. Sully. Perritt. Nolan.

No Burgess apparently off to Ipswich, no Savin haven't heard any rumours about him so presume he's had a knock. Hope we get close to seven figures for Burgess.

Heard at the ground yesterday he had tested positive?

andyd 15-08-2021 09:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1256314)
Heard at the ground yesterday he had tested positive?

That's all the club need but Coley in his interview did mention there had been some sickness in the camp this week "not Covid " and Pell had been affected hence him being substituted.

AccyMad 15-08-2021 09:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1256302)
Disagree di its an honest view i defy anyone who was yon to say any different oer our second half performance,

I know it's your honest view Cashy, as was mine - all about opinions & that's the beauty of the game

StanleyJosh 15-08-2021 09:37

match sponsors usually pick MOM but don’t think it’s taking place due to no hospitality.
might see if Holty wants to do it for time being…

Dion gave his shirt to a young fan who he accidentally hit in the face with a ball during warm up.

VALAIRIAN 15-08-2021 09:49

Cheers for that Josh :)

pifco 15-08-2021 10:23

I agree with you MH on 3 occasions in the first half Cambridge were in front of an open goal, thankfully they didn't seem able to hit the target on any of them a problem which they seemed to have for the whole match except for their goal of course.

cashman 15-08-2021 11:01

to be clear to me cambridge couldnt score in a brothel, i think they will go straight back down.

maccawozzagod 15-08-2021 11:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1256336)
to be clear to me cambridge couldnt score in a brothel, i think they will go straight back down.

80th minute they seemed to find something on the menu that they liked

cashman 15-08-2021 11:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 1256340)
80th minute they seemed to find something on the menu that they liked

aye it was just a bad mistake from a good keeper,

cashman 15-08-2021 13:30

Was good to see Willie Mcinnes on sat looking good for his age, was an idol of mine when i was a lad,

Outback Ozzy 15-08-2021 13:55

Well for my 2penneth, I agree with Cashy, brilliant first half, complete and utter rubbish 2nd half. Bright spots for me was Pell and Leigh (came on 2nd half), good long throw on him and can outpace defensive players. Thank goodness they couldn't hit an open barn door on 5 occasions. Keeper looks good, just hope there isn't too many errors in his game. Could and should have scored more and also, how on earth did Cambridge not get a yellow card, they were playing rugby union/league all through the game. Looking forward to Doncaster on Tuesday night, although the team will have to be on their A game.

Outback Ozzy 15-08-2021 14:02

Another point, I thought the crowd announced was disappointing. In this league we should be getting nearer 3,000 home fans at the very least and yet we have sold just over 1000 season tickets. What more does AH have to do to tempt people to come and watch? When the bigger teams come ie Slumberland and Chef Wednesday, their going to have more support than Stanley at this rate!!! Personally, I would cut the away support for the bigger clubs and allow locals to come and see the action. Basically, i don't want to give up my seat in the Studio stand.

cashman 15-08-2021 14:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy (Post 1256348)
Another point, I thought the crowd announced was disappointing. In this league we should be getting nearer 3,000 home fans at the very least and yet we have sold just over 1000 season tickets. What more does AH have to do to tempt people to come and watch? When the bigger teams come ie Slumberland and Chef Wednesday, their going to have more support than Stanley at this rate!!! Personally, I would cut the away support for the bigger clubs and allow locals to come and see the action. Basically, i don't want to give up my seat in the Studio stand.

only problem i can envisage with that is the fact not enough would come from here, i think when we went outa the league then accy had no football everyone virtually went to other clubs and took their kids with em, most kids never came back, i am one that did, but theres very few and kids usually follow their dads teams in my view.

andyd 15-08-2021 14:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy (Post 1256348)

We have tried that before when Eric Whalley was in charge it was free admission against Torquay still didn't fill the place, I said earlier disappointed with season tickets sold, regular pay on the day seems to be stuck at about 700 others come when it's either a lucrative cup tie or their team is playing at a distance away or no game. Also with Covid as mentioned on a few forums I have read a lot of casual supporters may have got out of the habit not just at Stanley.

monkey hanger 16-08-2021 08:17

[QUOTE=Outback Ozzy;1256348]Another point, I thought the crowd announced was disappointing.

honestly i thought we had more fans than that at the game. everyone must have travelled on their own by car to the game seeing the amount of cars parked everywhere around. parking is going to be an absolute nightmare when we get a big gate if saturday is owt to go by. can imagine a lot of older fans will be put off attending because of this. you have a choice. get there two hours befor KO or a long walk that will eventually have to be done in the dark.

Inspector Morse 16-08-2021 08:27

where are you parking Monkey Hanger?

There was plenty of space off First Avenue on Saturday (Cranbourne Drive, Windsor Drive).
only 5 mins from ground.

andyd 16-08-2021 08:44

The big problems with parking is lack of car park space, Stanley,s are just for pre booked disabled parking next door at the footy ground isn't big. This results it being like the pick the kid up from school get as close as you can so we don't have to walk too far. I live 5 minutes slow walk from the ground and apart from full house games which are rare nobody seems to use our street or the ones around.

cashman 16-08-2021 08:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1256312)

reason and kid he gave it away to was a damn good un i thought

monkey hanger 16-08-2021 10:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Morse (Post 1256373)
where are you parking Monkey Hanger?

There was plenty of space off First Avenue on Saturday (Cranbourne Drive, Windsor Drive).
only 5 mins from ground.

park at the bottom of livingstone road and make sure some dickhead is unable to block me in. usually bring my dog with me when its cooler and get there really early to give him a good walk. therefore it does not bother me getting to the ground 2 hours early. i can do first ave. in 5 minutes but a lot of oldies cannot. by oldies i mean those around my age but i,m very lucky at the moment in that respect.

VALAIRIAN 16-08-2021 10:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1256376)
reason and kid he gave it away to was a damn good un i thought

Agree, now I know why ;)

Burgess went on Saturday and I was just thinking the worst :(

This will be Dion's last season with us, just not sure how long the season will be????

:) :) :)

monkey hanger 17-08-2021 08:29

[QUOTE=andyd;I said earlier disappointed with season tickets sold, regular pay on the day seems to be stuck at about 700 others come when it's either a lucrative cup tie or their team is playing at a distance away or no game. Also with Covid as mentioned on a few forums I have read a lot of casual supporters may have got out of the habit not just at Stanley.[/QUOTE]

the virus issue does not seem to have affected other clubs by the look of the gates they are getting. as for casual supporters, all clubs have these with them either picking their games or attending when work and money permits. do not think either that stanley have become everyones second team that live in the area. doubt attendances will go up much when the international break is on us unless its a plum type of game thats been pencilled in before the season started.

monkey hanger 17-08-2021 08:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1256350)
only problem i can envisage with that is the fact not enough would come from here, i think when we went outa the league then accy had no football everyone virtually went to other clubs and took their kids with em, most kids never came back, i am one that did, but theres very few and kids usually follow their dads teams in my view.

this has been mentioned loads of times but that does not make it less true. remember having a talk that ended up a row about stanley with a fan from another club. he mentioned the fact of wigan being out of the league about as long as stanley where. he could not get the fact that wigan played non league level at the highest level available to them with always a decent side if not one of the best in non league. stanley did not have this luxury to keep generations of fans happy. there is always a level below or above where stanley are now at where people are prepared to watch football.

andyd 17-08-2021 09:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1256425)
this has been mentioned loads of times but that does not make it less true. remember having a talk that ended up a row about stanley with a fan from another club. he mentioned the fact of wigan being out of the league about as long as stanley where. he could not get the fact that wigan played non league level at the highest level available to them with always a decent side if not one of the best in non league. stanley did not have this luxury to keep generations of fans happy. there is always a level below or above where stanley are now at where people are prepared to watch football.

Look at Blackburn rovers for example pre Jack Walker days they got about 8 to 9 thousand, along comes Jack into the brand new Premiership up go the crowds home fans probably about 22 thousand. I was working with a Rovers fan who had seen both crowd's. they got relegated and I said your gates will drop because some fans just want to watch top level football, he disagreed but I was proved right they dropped to about 12 to 13 thousand. Last Saturday first game back and they were back to 9 thousand plus..My point being as proven by amount of people watching Premiership in pubs is they won't be enticed to Stanley unless we were promoted to the top flight and then we wouldn't have the room.Andy Holt has only tweeted this morning about the difficulty,s of attracting new fans it takes time building up the community spirit and hopefully fan base.

monkey hanger 17-08-2021 10:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1256430)
..My point being as proven by amount of people watching Premiership in pubs is they won't be enticed to Stanley unless we were promoted to the top flight and then we wouldn't have the room.Andy Holt has only tweeted this morning about the difficulty,s of attracting new fans it takes time building up the community spirit and hopefully fan base.

plenty of people also spend hard earned cash in getting football packages to watch at home. once you do that it seems a bit pointless like it or not to spend more money on watching another clubs games live. you need to be dedicated especially if you have to rely upon public transport to get to games. one thing is once the novalty of live football dies down and winter comes around i doubt stanleys gates will dip much further but plenty of others will if their sides are not doing well. feel sorrt for andy holt as i,m afraid he,ll be battering his head against the old stone wall in his attempts to get fans to the wham. stanley are like loads of others as it is what it is.

MikeA 19-08-2021 18:19

A Cambridge supporter travelled to the match with COVID!

https://www.cambridge-united.co.uk/n...h-august-2021/

andyd 19-08-2021 18:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeA (Post 1256556)

Problem that's going to happen in all walks of society if the person in question knew he had it and still went to Plymouth and Stanley then he has got of lightly with a 10 match home and away ban.

VALAIRIAN 19-08-2021 18:32

Quote:

What possess people????????????????????????

AccyMad 19-08-2021 18:36

Quote:

Unbelievable!! :mad:

Tin Monkey 19-08-2021 18:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1256561)
Unbelievable!! :mad:

I wonder if they will also be prosecuted? Is it even a crime?

AccyMad 19-08-2021 18:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tin Monkey (Post 1256562)

I don't know about it being a crime but it probably should be - at the very least it's stupid & irresponsible

cashman 19-08-2021 18:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tin Monkey (Post 1256562)

it should be stupidity is no excuse.

Exile on Spencer St 19-08-2021 20:12

[QUOTE=MikeA;1256556]A Cambridge supporter travelled to the match with COVID!

Where in the statement does it say that?

monkey hanger 20-08-2021 07:40

[QUOTE=Exile on Spencer St;1256567]
Quote:

Where in the statement does it say that?

on the other hand how many fans go to games with the virus but do not know they have it. back in the old days when flu was about how many went to games when they had just got flu. flu killed people as well.

DaveinGermany 20-08-2021 18:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1256586)
on the other hand how many fans go to games with the virus but do not know they have it. back in the old days when flu was about how many went to games when they had just got flu. flu killed people as well.

Start digging that shellscrape, fasten up your tin lid & tighten that body armour up, incoming will be ariving on target in .......

choirboy 20-08-2021 18:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1256633)
Start digging that shellscrape, fasten up your tin lid & tighten that body armour up, incoming will be ariving on target in .......

My missus and I have just booked our next Flu jab for a week on Monday!:kiss8: