Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Congrats Dion (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/congrats-dion-71946.html)

AccyMad 24-08-2021 12:26

Congrats Dion

Well done Dion on being called up to the Northern Ireland squad for their World Cup qualifiers against Switzerland & Lithuania in September, means we lose him for the Shrewsbury game but I think we'll manage for one match

cashman 24-08-2021 12:31

Re: Congrats Dion

hopefully our burnley loanee will get a game. congrats dion.

accytom18 24-08-2021 13:12

Congrats to Dion much deserved! Also Bristol City are very interested in Dion Charles. Obviously we don’t want to lose him and if we do this window surely he’s worth AT LEAST 1 million, though mentioned on sky he’s worth 700,000 though that seems very low to me, maybe that’s do with being in the last year of this current deal?! Maybe there’s still a chance we keep him this season but who knows?

VALAIRIAN 24-08-2021 13:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by accytom18 (Post 1256810)
Congrats to Dion much deserved! Also Bristol City are very interested in Dion Charles. Obviously we don’t want to lose him and if we do this window surely he’s worth AT LEAST 1 million, though mentioned on sky he’s worth 700,000 though that seems very low to me, maybe that’s do with being in the last year of this current deal?! Maybe there’s still a chance we keep him this season but who knows?

If he is going, it needs to be now!

Any other time will be for nothing :(

:) :) :)

andyd 24-08-2021 14:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by accytom18 (Post 1256810)

Well if we can sell a defender for a reputed £750 thousand than last year of deal or not a striker wether you think he,s worth it or not you would think you would get more. At the end of the day its down to wether the player is pushing to go or if Andy Holt thinks it's best for his and ours beloved club.

andyd 24-08-2021 15:03

According to the man himself Andy Holt saying the Bristol City interest is news to him.

andyd 24-08-2021 16:20

[QUOTE=VALAIRIAN;1256811]If he is going, it needs to be now!

Apparently we have an option for another year on his deal so no pressure yet to sell him.

VALAIRIAN 24-08-2021 16:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1256805)
Well done Dion on being called up to the Northern Ireland squad for their World Cup qualifiers against Switzerland & Lithuania in September, means we lose him for the Shrewsbury game but I think we'll manage for one match

Great news for Dion :)

VALAIRIAN 24-08-2021 16:36

[QUOTE=andyd;1256814]
Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1256811)
If he is going, it needs to be now!

Apparently we have an option for another year on his deal so no pressure yet to sell him.

Thought we had triggered that already??

https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/...retained-list/

Div3North 24-08-2021 17:43

Can’t guarantee it Joe, but I just searched “Accrington Stanley player contracts” and the site I looked at says Dion, Colby and Ross all have contracts to 30 June 2022 “with an option for a further year”

VALAIRIAN 24-08-2021 18:00

I was going off memory and this Jeff :)

https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/...retained-list/

accytom18 24-08-2021 18:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1256812)
Well if we can sell a defender for a reputed £750 thousand than last year of deal or not a striker wether you think he,s worth it or not you would think you would get more. At the end of the day its down to wether the player is pushing to go or if Andy Holt thinks it's best for his and ours beloved club.

If he does indeed want to leave it’s a tough situation, but I feel that if we sold him for only 6 figures it wouldn’t be ideal for us. I heard before we supposedly slapped a 2M price tag on him and that put clubs off him which may explain the sudden silence regarding a transfer until today. I do wonder myself if again andyh wants to sell now similar to Burgess. Spose he doesn’t want a Windass/Crooks situation again.

Exile on Spencer St 24-08-2021 20:01

He’s just knocked a few £££ off his value! :(

AccyMad 24-08-2021 21:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1256841)
He’s just knocked a few £££ off his value! :(

Or put off potential suitors altogether - every cloud & all that . . . . .

Exile on Spencer St 25-08-2021 08:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1256850)
Or put off potential suitors altogether - every cloud & all that . . . . .

Maybe if our manager was Machiavelli, not Coley.;)