Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Barrow papa John's trophy at home. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/barrow-papa-johns-trophy-at-home-71981.html)

andyd 31-08-2021 10:05

Barrow papa John's trophy at home.

You have to field at least 4 outfield players in starting 11 from last game, Trafford and Charles on international duty interest in Colby hotting up from the Championship my guess at line up :-
Savin.
Amankwah. Sykes. Sherring.
Clark. Scully. Morgan. Butcher. Nolan.
Woods. Mumbango.
Subs:- Isherwood. Rodgers. Nottingham. Coyle. Martin. Leigh. Spinelli.

VALAIRIAN 31-08-2021 10:12

Re: Barrow Papa Don't Preach Trophy at home.

This game is on iFollow, for those who cannot make it :)

:) :) :)

cashman 31-08-2021 10:54

Re: Barrow papa John's trophy at home.

stuff i follow im going.

VALAIRIAN 31-08-2021 15:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1257211)
stuff i follow im going.

Not everyone can though Cashy ;)

Just letting people know mate :)

cashman 31-08-2021 16:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1257223)
Not everyone can though Cashy ;)

Just letting people know mate :)

I know joe I Follow is garbage to me the trouble i had with it.

andyd 31-08-2021 17:51

Actual line up:-
Savin.
Clark. Amankwah. Sherring. Proctor. Nolan.
Leigh. Morgan. Scully.
Bishop. Mumbango.
Subs:-. Trafford. McConville. Nottingham. Perritt. Moonan. Carson. Mansell.

AccyMad 31-08-2021 17:52

Interesting starting line up - Colby has the armband, is it a statement of intent that he's staying or to honour his last swansong??

andyd 31-08-2021 17:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1257233)
Interesting starting line up - Colby has the armband, is it a statement of intent that he's staying or to honour his last swansong??

Hopefully staying Peterborough won't up their bid and they along with the other two rumoured clubs sniffing have also brought in striker,s, if he does go it will be last minute wondering if we will get our midfield target over the line?

VALAIRIAN 31-08-2021 18:23

Is Ross OK???

:)

MikeA 31-08-2021 18:49

Is anyone else suffering from lack of video?

andyd 31-08-2021 19:20

1-0 Colby lurking following a decent run and shot from Clark.

yonmon 31-08-2021 20:11

' A Fridge too far'
(An everyday story of a disillusioned Rishton OAP !)

Algernon is watching Accrington Stanley v Barrow in the Papa John Trophy..the whistle blows for Halftime.....

A. ( to better half !) 'Well darling that was a fascinating first half ' ( stifles a yawn ).

BH ( with a hint of sarcasm ).. 'Are you being cynical again ?.. its always the same with you everytime you watch that football team '!.

A. ( with a touch of assertion ) Are you referring to ' The Reds ' dear !..

BH. ' I don't care who they call themselves..... why you can't watch Eastenders like any other sensible chap I'll never know'?.

A. ( Perking up a bit !) ' Do you know I think I will ! ...I'd totally forgotten it was on tonight '..

He does as he's told.. switches EFL off...( not having taken Cashy's advice to forget Ifollow and thus spent £10.00 of his hard-earned pension ! ) and settles down to watch Phil and Co knocking their wives and girlfriends about !

That's all folks.. Night Night !...til our next thrilling installment ! :alright:

VALAIRIAN 31-08-2021 21:19

Re: Barrow Papa Don't Preach Trophy at home.

Looks like the second 45+ was a little better my dear friend ;)

andyd 31-08-2021 21:20

Well bonus point never a penalty verdict on players tonight disappointed with Savin tonight rushed of his line twice tonight with no hope of getting the ball Proctor cleared the first one second Sherring save on the line also bungled the cross that led to the penalty that shouldn't have been. Amankwah looked class cool neat in possession, Sherring average game good save on the line, Proctor decent defending some poor passes out. Clark, Nolan and Bishop pick of the lads going forward, Mumbango needs a touch of luck. Midfield Leigh raw talent Morgan solid display Scully grew into the game. End to end second half enjoyed the game even though it lacked quality at times quick mention for their keeper some excellent saves denying Colby of at least a deserved hat trick.

Exile on Spencer St 31-08-2021 21:56

Considering they’d never really played together I thought Stanley’s young team didn’t do too bad. A draw was a fair result over 90 minutes. Hope Amankwah was just rested as he looked a decent prospect.
And finally, Stanley fans got to see Zanzala score! :rolleyes: