Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Harry Pell. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/harry-pell-71998.html)

VALAIRIAN 03-10-2021 19:42

Re: Harry Pell.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1258289)
when seamus calls it a day i would give it Pell in a flash.

Be careful Cashy ;)

:)

VALAIRIAN 20-10-2021 13:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1257489)
After watching him play and the fact he's been brought in on a three year contract, supposedly very popular in the dressing room, very vocal on the pitch and prepared to take a card for the team no disrespect to our club Captain Seamus does anyone on here think he,a future captain as he was at his last club?

Captains performance last night against Charlton!!

Not just the goals, but everything he did!! :)

:) :) :)

Exile on Spencer St 20-10-2021 16:25

And a good interview afterwards.

https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/...over-charlton/

cashman 20-10-2021 16:52

Definitely i think, though some dont like the fact he will take a card for the team.

andyd 20-10-2021 17:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1258668)
Definitely i think, though some dont like the fact he will take a card for the team.

Like I posted from the minute he arrived he has Captain, leader whatever you want to call it written all over him plays with his heart on his sleeve what he hasn't got in ability he has committment 100% running through his veins Charles should watch and learn brilliant last night long may it continue.

VALAIRIAN 20-10-2021 18:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1258671)
Like I posted from the minute he arrived he has Captain, leader whatever you want to call it written all over him plays with his heart on his sleeve what he hasn't got in ability he has committment 100% running through his veins Charles should watch and learn brilliant last night long may it continue.

Spot on post Andy :)

VALAIRIAN 20-10-2021 19:50

Harry Pell.

Just listened to Harry in his post match..... Fighter, Winner, Leader!!!!!

monkey hanger 21-10-2021 09:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1258668)

mind you not all his cards have been for that reason and some were avoidable. you know stanley players rarely get the benefit of the doubt when cards of both colours are flashed about.

Phil Whalley 21-10-2021 23:26

1 Attachment(s)
Very unlucky not to have had a hat-trick on Tues, the attached screenshot shows how close he was - not that the ref had positioned himself to see it. He looks like he can make a more positive contribution to the side up front, where he still causes the oppo all sorts of problems but is less in the firing line for yellow cards.

VALAIRIAN 24-11-2021 09:20

Am I being over critical, or has Harry's form dropped off?????
  • Is he not interested?
  • Is he out of form?
  • Was he never that good anyway?
  • Is he out of position??

I am a big fan of his, so these are genuine questions and not a negative, having a go post :)

StanleyJosh 24-11-2021 09:25

for what it's worth, I see it as;

Frustrated.
Yes.
Can be a good player.
Yes, but also don't see him as the box to box midfielder he used to be.

andyd 24-11-2021 09:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1259998)
Am I being over critical, or has Harry's form dropped off?????
  • Is he not interested?
  • Is he out of form?
  • Was he never that good anyway?
  • Is he out of position??

I am a big fan of his, so these are genuine questions and not a negative, having a go post :

Playing in a team that his shot of confidence being asked to play out of position last night the gaffer admitted to using long ball tactics Pell rarely saw the ball , midfield of Conneely virtual all on his own being pressed into back pedaling or g.iving the ball away, Hamilton a onlooker from the wing back to basics for me experienced keeper needed has both young lads out of their depth never replaced the excellent Baxter who marshalled his defence in front of him.

Crown Grounder 24-11-2021 13:50

My view has always been that I'm not a big fan. I think he is good when things are going well and poor when they are not. He is not one you can rely on when the going gets tough. He is a luxury to have in the side in the same way that O'Sullivan is a luxury.

cashman 24-11-2021 13:54

Disagree, i think pell is a decent player yeh cant expect players at this level to do it every time imho. think o sullivan is a luxury.

Lord Stiffupperlip 24-11-2021 14:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crown Grounder (Post 1260031)
My view has always been that I'm not a big fan. I think he is good when things are going well and poor when they are not. He is not one you can rely on when the going gets tough. He is a luxury to have in the side in the same way that O'Sullivan is a luxury.

Some luxury! He's our leading goalscorer.
One of the few players who always puts a shift in, whatever the final score.