Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Oxford away match thread. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/oxford-away-match-thread-72088.html)

andyd 27-09-2021 08:42

Oxford away match thread.

Available on IFollow tomorrow night so might affect who travels my team forecast:-
Trafford.
Savin. Nottingham. Sherring.
O, Sullivan. Pell. Morgan. Butcher. McConville.
Mansell. Bishop.
Subs:- Savin. Amankwah. Hamilton. Leigh. Clark
Nolan. Malcolm.
After watching a replay off the full match I would put Pell in for Hamilton for more aggression in the middle and help take pressure off Conneelly in possession, not sure on inuries so other,s could come into the reckoning.

StanleyJosh 27-09-2021 08:49

Re: Oxford away match thread.

No Conneely ?? Come on....
Same starting XI for me from Saturday apart from Clark replacing O'Sullivan.

cashman 27-09-2021 08:58

yeh put trafford and savin in again andy.:D that might help:D

andyd 27-09-2021 09:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanleyJosh (Post 1258023)
No Conneely ?? Come on....
Same starting XI for me from Saturday apart from Clark replacing O'Sullivan.

Sorry everyone auto type again Morgan should read Conneelly thanks for the spot. Josh. If you see though I put relieving Conneelly in possession.

Exile on Spencer St 27-09-2021 09:32

Stick to the crossword, Andyd.;)

Lord Stiffupperlip 27-09-2021 09:36

After shipping 7 goals in our last 2 games, should Trafford still be considered our automatic 1st choice keeper?
If it had been Toby in the same position, some would be screaming for his head.

VALAIRIAN 27-09-2021 10:33

I would say it was the defence shipping the goals and not the keeper, Savin, Trafford, or Bavo :D

:) :) :)

Crown Grounder 27-09-2021 11:48

I Follow for me tomorrow........I'd like to see Mansell get another start with Colby, also I think Hamilton is more of a Butcher type of midfielder so would also like to see Pell start in his place. Wonder if Charles has apologised to everybody yet?......or if we won't see him again in a Stanley shirt? Maybe a transfer north of the border would solve all our problems. At least we'd get something for him....:rolleyes:

cashman 27-09-2021 13:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip (Post 1258028)
After shipping 7 goals in our last 2 games, should Trafford still be considered our automatic 1st choice keeper?
If it had been Toby in the same position, some would be screaming for his head.

doubt that mate both good keepers trafford has edge imho the way he covers his box.

Lord Stiffupperlip 27-09-2021 15:23

Only food for thought chaps!
Yes, poor defending provides chances for opponents, but they still need converting.
Morecambe only had 3 attempts & Trafford failed to stop any.
Fact is, only 2 teams in L1 have conceded more goals than us.
It wasn't that long ago everyone was praising Savin for the number of clean sheets on his cv. Then he got a reputation for rushing out & over-committing.
IMHO Trafford is the opposite & too often stays glued to his line.
Morecambe's 2nd goal was a good example, where he had the chance to meet their cross but chose not to, allowing them to score from only 2 yards out.
I don't find him a commanding presence in his box, particularly at corners where he always looks nervous.
Without doubt he's a talented young player, but if there's one position where experience counts, it's surely the goalkeeper.

cashman 27-09-2021 16:07

to me he had no chance of the third goal a brooke bond monkey could have scored that, twas a terrible back pass caused that.

Exile on Spencer St 27-09-2021 16:43

It wasn’t a ‘back pass’.
It certainly looked like it on the day at t’other end of the pitch but, looking at the video, it looks to me that Nolan hammered the ball against the Morecambe player (don’t know if he thought he’d get a throw in) and it took a massive deflection off the Morecambe player right into Stockton’s path.
Up until that disaster, I thought Nolan had injected a bit of much needed pace down the left.

I also thought Trafford could have better anticipated the cross for their second, but it was well taken by Philips.

andyd 28-09-2021 17:53

One change to the 11 not sure about formation could remain 3-5-2 or it could be 4-4-1-1 lineup:-
Trafford.
Sykes. Nottingham. Sherring.
O, Sullivan. Hamilton. Conneelly. Butcher. Amankwah.
Bishop. McConville.
Subs:-. Savin. Pell. Leigh. Mansell. Nolan. Clark. Malcolm.

Exile on Spencer St 28-09-2021 18:26

Back four!
Sensible as Oxford often play with three forwards.
We’ll see, but hope Amankweh does well.

cashman 28-09-2021 18:38

happy to see Amankwah start tonight looks a good un to me.