Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Dion (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/dion-72089.html)

VALAIRIAN 27-09-2021 19:17

Dion

A Hibs. supporter - friend of mine - sent me a link saying that Hibs. would be back in for Dion in January, as they had had a £200k - laughable I know - bid knocked back for him!

Exile on Spencer St 27-09-2021 20:41

Re: Dion

If he doesn’t wise up between now and then that bid might be just right for someone who hasn’t kicked a ball for three months.

monkey hanger 28-09-2021 08:52

about time he looks in the mirror and realises which club rescued his career and get back putting a shift in to thank them. without stanley he could still be plying his trade with someone like chorley or fylde. we gave him the chance. all these others didn,t.

VALAIRIAN 28-09-2021 09:07

Agreed, but my post is about the pathetic amount offered for Dion and not his attitude - which is equally so!

:) :)

andyd 28-09-2021 10:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1258071)
Agreed, but my post is about the pathetic amount offered for Dion and not his attitude - which is equally so!

:) :)

So they Hibs. Tried it on Dion obviously wanted to go and leave the club with peanut,s while he would have got 10% of the fee hope if he doesn't see sence he goes for nought at least then he won't pocket nought.

AccyMad 28-09-2021 11:58

Apparently he's been called up to the latest Northern Ireland squad despite not currently playing for his club - seems a little strange

football19 28-09-2021 12:05

Tricky one this !!
Dion has proven he can perform at this level and has less than 9/10 months left on his contract.
Would imagine his agent has told him he could treble his wages if he went on a free so I assume Acci haven't offered him similar terms.
This is compounded by the fact hes an international and is probably aware of what others are on.
All forwards are stubborn buggers!!,so i think compromise is the only way forward.

Chewbacca 28-09-2021 12:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1258076)
So they Hibs. Tried it on Dion obviously wanted to go and leave the club with peanut,s while he would have got 10% of the fee hope if he doesn't see sence he goes for nought at least then he won't pocket nought.

Why would he have got 10% of the transfer fee?

Twenty Eight 28-09-2021 14:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewbacca (Post 1258086)
Why would he have got 10% of the transfer fee?

Precisely. Where you getting this from Andy ?

Twenty Eight 28-09-2021 14:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 1258085)
Tricky one this !!
Dion has proven he can perform at this level and has less than 9/10 months left on his contract.
Would imagine his agent has told him he could treble his wages if he went on a free so I assume Acci haven't offered him similar terms.
This is compounded by the fact hes an international and is probably aware of what others are on.
All forwards are stubborn buggers!!,so i think compromise is the only way forward.

I take it the club doesn't have an option ?
That being the case he's free to speak to other clubs from January onwards.
From the clubs perspective anything is better than nothing.

andyd 28-09-2021 15:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1258088)
Precisely. Where you getting this from Andy ?

Dreamt it

Crown Grounder 28-09-2021 16:44

The problem must be between Manager and Player, and the manager can't give way or other players would start trying it on. Come on Dion, show the fan's you care about the Club. Play for us like we know you can and we'll love you forever! And when you leave we'll still remember you as one of our own....😁

Twenty Eight 28-09-2021 16:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crown Grounder (Post 1258095)
The problem must be between Manager and Player, and the manager can't give way or other players would start trying it on. Come on Dion, show the fan's you care about the Club. Play for us like we know you can and we'll love you forever! And when you leave we'll still remember you as one of our own....😁

Whilst the same scenario totally different mind set.
Jordan Clark never downed tools gave his all right to the end.
Very disappointed with Dion.

cashman 28-09-2021 17:03

THE MAN IS A DISGRACE, sooner we get shut the better,

Exile on Spencer St 28-09-2021 17:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1258096)
Whilst the same scenario totally different mind set.
Jordan Clark never downed tools gave his all right to the end.
Very disappointed with Dion.

And we will always respect Clicker for that.
Same with Colby Bishop - he had interest from the Posh but has got on with the job.
As for Charles’ international call up, good luck to him, hope the bench is heated, but that may say as much about NI’s options as his ability.