Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Charlton away thread (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/charlton-away-thread-72122.html)

andyd 20-10-2021 09:36

Re: Charlton away thread

Amankwah and Sherring has Coley said are young lads learning the game has loanees go this year's crop of 5 all look good and interested Amankwah especially looks a classy player plenty of game time and he will I am sure get even better cut out the mistakes and we are a good side.

Exile on Spencer St 20-10-2021 11:55

The error Yeboah made, which led to their second, was trying to shield the ball over the bye line.
He’s not yet strong enough for that, and needs to realise there’s nothing wrong with clearing it to Row Z (which maybe exists at The Valley) for a throw-in.

cashman 20-10-2021 14:32

i just watched the match again and cant see where harry pell scored oer the line and was not given?:confused:

Exile on Spencer St 20-10-2021 16:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1258662)
i just watched the match again and cant see where harry pell scored oer the line and was not given?:confused:

It was his second free kick, Cashy. Certainly looked as much, if not more over the line than Geoff Hurst’s effort in 1966.

cashman 20-10-2021 16:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1258665)
It was his second free kick, Cashy. Certainly looked as much, if not more over the line than Geoff Hurst’s effort in 1966.

mind you im struggling with my lamps cataracts or summat though god knows when they will do em?

Exile on Spencer St 20-10-2021 19:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1258669)
mind you im struggling with my lamps cataracts or summat though god knows when they will do em?

With your eyesight you could always get a job as a ref.;)

Inspector Morse 20-10-2021 20:52

Vision post-cataract surgery is amazing.

Hope you get your eyes sorted soon.

monkey hanger 21-10-2021 08:54

scoring 3 goals away, coming back with 3 points it becomes hard to criticise any player for me. if that game is repeated the rest of the season i,m more than happy.

Outback Ozzy 21-10-2021 09:47

Nigel Adkins sacked by CAFC this morning.

monkey hanger 22-10-2021 08:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy (Post 1258687)
Nigel Adkins sacked by CAFC this morning.

only time before he gets another job though. one of a number of managers that go round different clubs and totally underachieve. adams at bradford next. no love there.

Twenty Eight 22-10-2021 15:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1258712)
only time before he gets another job though. one of a number of managers that go round different clubs and totally underachieve. adams at bradford next. no love there.

Really ?
Under achieve ?
Win percentage over 40% consecutive promotions with Southampton - then there's his success with Scunny.
Sorry don't accept that depending on your definition of achievements.
He even squeezed some life out of SUFC.

Exile on Spencer St 22-10-2021 17:01

The one question I have unanswered from the performance at Charlton was, even if he suddenly wanted to rejoin the squad, who would have been dropped from that team to make room for Charles?
No-one who played at The Valley, that’s for sure.
What a stupid agent he must have if Charles has been following his advice.

VALAIRIAN 22-10-2021 18:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1258722)
The one question I have unanswered from the performance at Charlton was, even if he suddenly wanted to rejoin the squad, who would have been dropped from that team to make room for Charles?
No-one who played at The Valley, that’s for sure.
What a stupid agent he must have if Charles has been following his advice.

David Morgan...............

Exile on Spencer St 22-10-2021 20:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1258723)
David Morgan...............

So would Pell, rather than marauding up front, have to cover Morgan’s defensive duties to make room for Charles?

andyd 22-10-2021 21:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1258721)
Really ?
Under achieve ?
Win percentage over 40% consecutive promotions with Southampton - then there's his success with Scunny.
Sorry don't accept that depending on your definition of achievements.
He even squeezed some life out of SUFC.

In football it's the here and now that matters at most clubs not what you have achieved in the past, he was on a hiding to nothing at Charlton the fans didn't in the main like his appointment in the first place so as soon as this run of bad results came along his fate was sealed by the fans.