Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Burton away match thread (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/burton-away-match-thread-72178.html)

Div3North 23-11-2021 21:12

Re: Burton away match thread

I suggest we play the u23s at Lincoln on Saturday

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Can’t see we could do worse …….

Kiwi John 23-11-2021 21:13

I literaly have to go to the hospital in a few minutes and I'm scared they will admit me for super high stress levels now and not for my on going condition. :(

andyd 23-11-2021 21:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Div3North (Post 1259963)

At least young Coyle has shown a bit of fight in midfield all the others have been shocking.

cashman 23-11-2021 21:15

the second half has been worse than the first. mumbongo couldnt score in a brothel

Inspector Morse 23-11-2021 21:22

I wish we we playing us on Saturday.

andyd 23-11-2021 21:28

Think we need 11 signings in January.

Inspector Morse 23-11-2021 21:31

Signings certainly worked for us in the Summer.

Inspector Morse 23-11-2021 21:41

Defcon 2 anyone?

Exile on Spencer St 23-11-2021 21:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Morse (Post 1259970)
Defcon 2 anyone?

I suspect, and hope, it’s defcon 1 inside that away changing room.

AccyMad 23-11-2021 21:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Div3North (Post 1259963)

Half of them have played in our last few games, I vote we play our under 18's

Div3North 23-11-2021 21:49

Very fortunately for us, Crewe and Fleetwood both lost, Donnie are 3-0:down with 8 mins to play, Shrewsbury only got one point, and 20th placed Gillingham lost as well

If they carry on being as bad as or worse that us we might, just might, survive, but I want you all kneeling by the side of your beds tonight with your hands together and your eyes closed

Please

accyfan21 23-11-2021 21:52

Granted we lack confidence but we seem to switch off far too often, 2 goals were passed to them on a plate, was laughable.

IMO we’re going to lose every game until we get a decent striker or two, and I am frustrated that Dion isn’t allowed to play, I feel it’s just stubbornness but it’s costly to the whole team.. If he doesn’t want to sign a contract then fine that’s what happens in the footballing world but if he gives 100% at training and when wearing the red shirt then why not play him… we are DESPERATE for a goal scorer and surely he is the last resort till January transfer window. If we can’t score we are never going to win it’s that simple.

Colby will be back on Saturday so hopefully that can lift the mood and help us get that well needed win!! Well I hope so anyway…

Exile on Spencer St 23-11-2021 21:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1259972)
Half of them have played in our last few games, I vote we play our under 18's

Given the fight, enthusiasm, and energy I saw in the U18s against Bolton I think that could be the best option.
Either that or Stanley should pull the Covid card for a couple of months until Butcher, Pritchard, Bishop, Leigh, Morgan, and Hardy are fit.

LongLostSon 23-11-2021 22:00

even the Burton fans looked bored, it was that easy. I hope Dan excuses John from having to comment - he must feel like walking away. Reminded me of those school games afternoons where one of the house teams was composed of pupils who wished they'd signed up for the needlework class.
Hey Kiwi - wishing you all the best for your hospital treatment - more important than a mickey mouse footie match.

AccyMad 23-11-2021 22:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyfan21 (Post 1259975)
Granted we lack confidence but we seem to switch off far too often, 2 goals were passed to them on a plate, was laughable.

IMO we’re going to lose every game until we get a decent striker or two, and I am frustrated that Dion isn’t allowed to play, I feel it’s just stubbornness but it’s costly to the whole team.. If he doesn’t want to sign a contract then fine that’s what happens in the footballing world but if he gives 100% at training and when wearing the red shirt then why not play him… we are DESPERATE for a goal scorer and surely he is the last resort till January transfer window. If we can’t score we are never going to win it’s that simple.

Colby will be back on Saturday so hopefully that can lift the mood and help us get that well needed win!! Well I hope so anyway…

I think it's more like Dion is refusing to train or play rather than him not being allowed to, if he was giving 100% in training (even if it was to try & earn himself a move) then I'm sure he'd be in the squad. The sooner it’s sorted, the better as it must be affecting the morale of the rest of the players