Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Thank very much for Dion Charles (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/thank-very-much-for-dion-charles-72405.html)

Why Tarmy 31-01-2022 10:27

Thank very much for Dion Charles

I come in peace, but what was your club thinking by letting this legend go?

cashman 01-02-2022 17:14

Re: Thank very much for Dion Charles

our club cannot afford what yours can its not rocket science.

Lord Stiffupperlip 01-02-2022 19:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Tarmy (Post 1263231)

Believe me my friend, he was no legend when we rescued him from Southport & gave him a golden opportunity to prove himself in L1.
Neither the club or our fans wanted him to leave - it was his choice.
Unfortunately, he decided not to sign another contract & effectively downed tools till he got what he wanted.
He's your new golden boy today, until a bigger club come knocking - then he'll do the same to you!

cashman 01-02-2022 19:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip (Post 1263304)
Believe me my friend, he was no legend when we rescued him from Southport & gave him a golden opportunity to prove himself in L1.
Neither the club or our fans wanted him to leave - it was his choice.
Unfortunately, he decided not to sign another contract & effectively downed tools till he got what he wanted.
He's your new golden boy today, until a bigger club come knocking - then he'll do the same to you!

thats a knocking bet i think.

andyd 01-02-2022 19:38

Quote:

You mean leg end.

VALAIRIAN 01-02-2022 20:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1263307)
You mean leg end.

Half right Andy :)

monkey hanger 02-02-2022 09:16

Quote:

he has a very short memory where he has to phone a friend {or agent** to find out the name of the day that was yesterday. you have a good player on your hands but remember there must have been a reason he dropped down to non league for all those seasons. it was not his lack of ability on the pitch for sure.

Twenty Eight 03-02-2022 11:36

Tarmy,

There's a reason that only an average club in League One were interested.
Give it time mate.

andyd 03-02-2022 14:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1263387)
Tarmy,

There's a reason that only an average club in League One were interested.
Give it time mate.

Who gives a flying f----.

Twenty Eight 04-02-2022 09:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1263400)
Who gives a flying f----.

Dont post on the thread then !!

football19 04-02-2022 20:23

Watched him for a couple of seasons at Southport,fast,sharp,strong ,good technique,but felt he was a little disillusioned with the game after being released.
He would fire one in from 30 yards then miss a sitter,fitted the bill for Coleys polishing!!!
I was there when Coley watched him,0-0 and he had a stinker,missing two one on ones but he never give up.
He had all the tools before he signed for Acci,but Coley took the punt and wasn’t disappointed.
He obviously worked out very quickly he could handle playing at this level and decided to let his contract run out,allowing him to be in a better position when looking to move up the ladder.
The club could have originally offered him a five year contract!!!,but they covered their bets (rightly so) with a lesser one.
Wish the kid the best of luck and to my knowledge never dissed the club

cashman 05-02-2022 08:48

never dissed the club but it was the way he went about things that did me.

Twenty Eight 05-02-2022 09:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 1263464)
Watched him for a couple of seasons at Southport,fast,sharp,strong ,good technique,but felt he was a little disillusioned with the game after being released.
He would fire one in from 30 yards then miss a sitter,fitted the bill for Coleys polishing!!!
I was there when Coley watched him,0-0 and he had a stinker,missing two one on ones but he never give up.
He had all the tools before he signed for Acci,but Coley took the punt and wasn’t disappointed.
He obviously worked out very quickly he could handle playing at this level and decided to let his contract run out,allowing him to be in a better position when looking to move up the ladder.
The club could have originally offered him a five year contract!!!,but they covered their bets (rightly so) with a lesser one.
Wish the kid the best of luck and to my knowledge never dissed the club

Appreciate the sentiments but he should never have downed tools. Read this story back and replace Charles with Clark. Jordan never missed a beat put 100% in right down to the last day with both the club and player knowing he was moving on. So - one has class and respect the other showed disrespect and no class whatsoever.

MikeA 08-04-2022 15:03

Hmmm?
https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/...tweets-3646106 and
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp...al-tweets.html

cashman 08-04-2022 15:42

he was only a kid when he made those comments but it does demonstrate the type he is to me.