Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-11-2008, 15:35   #1
God Member

£99.00 To watch Bradford!!!!

Just seen on B.B.C. Website that Bradford City have just announced next seasons season tickets for £99.00 and £138.00 if paid for this year!! What a fantastic idea( IMHO ) I just wondered if The Stanley tried something like this do you think that we might sell more than a couple of hundred tickets? Or do you think price is not the issue?????

VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-11-2008, 15:50   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: £99.00 To watch Bradford!!!!

think its probably a good move indeed fer bradford valarian, honestly do not think much would be accomplished by stanley doing it. the the issue is much deeper, lost generations.
Old 25-11-2008, 16:36   #3
God Member

Effectively they want next seasons money already and they aren't even half way through this season. Will they want the 2010/11 seasons money next summer before the 2009/2010 season even starts ? At some point it will catch up with them.
Old 25-11-2008, 17:35   #4
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Effectively they want next seasons money already and they aren't even half way through this season. Will they want the 2010/11 seasons money next summer before the 2009/2010 season even starts ? At some point it will catch up with them.
Think your spot on dave, they want to spend money they haven't got, which is a big mistake anywhere its tried
Old 25-11-2008, 22:12   #5

It's something to think about if you look at it from the point of view that,
200 tickets sold @ £230=£46,000.1000 tickets sold @£99 =£99,000.Thats assuming that we can sell 1000 season tickets at least,=more money for the club.problem is how do we attract the supporters back ?

ACCY TILL I DIE..:hoth othot:hoth othot
afrikaaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2008, 17:10   #6
God Member

Got to say I agree with you afrikaaner! IF and I know its an 'IF' but not just the revenue, its the noise and support! Plus pies,ale and programmes Etc. It would be worth a try as a one off at this time of year -christmas market and all that - not suggesting that it is done every season, but I think that we can all tell/feel the difference between 1100 at the F.E.S. and 2500!!

Last edited by VALAIRIAN; 26-11-2008 at 17:14. Reason: missed name!
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2008, 17:36   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrikaaner View Post
It's something to think about if you look at it from the point of view that,
200 tickets sold @ £230=£46,000.1000 tickets sold @£99 =£99,000.Thats assuming that we can sell 1000 season tickets at least,=more money for the club.problem is how do we attract the supporters back ?

ACCY TILL I DIE..:hoth othot:hoth othot

1000 season tickets @£99 = £4,300 per home match.
1000 walk ons ( the low side of Stanleys home fans but easier to calculate ) @ £13 = £13,000 per match. If you sold 1,000 season tickets at £99 your'e going to have to attract a hell of a lot of walk ons to make up the deficit. I know the £99,000 would be up front but even putting that in a bank account and letting it gain interest wouldn't make up the shortfall. I think Eric may stick with the current situation unless somebody can guarantee him a couple of thousand walk ons per game.
Old 26-11-2008, 18:21   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
1000 season tickets @£99 = £4,300 per home match.
1000 walk ons ( the low side of Stanleys home fans but easier to calculate ) @ £13 = £13,000 per match. If you sold 1,000 season tickets at £99 your'e going to have to attract a hell of a lot of walk ons to make up the deficit. I know the £99,000 would be up front but even putting that in a bank account and letting it gain interest wouldn't make up the shortfall. I think Eric may stick with the current situation unless somebody can guarantee him a couple of thousand walk ons per game.
That's spot on. Or to put it another way, we'd have to sell 3000 season tickets at £99 to bring in the same matchday income as we get at the moment from the faithful 1000. The faithful would be bound to go for it (after 7 and a half games your footy would be free for the rest of the season) but it just doesn't add up to a sensible strategy for us.
Old 26-11-2008, 20:57   #9
Senior Member+

That's correct if you have 1000 full price adults paying on the gate, but we don't have that.
Old 26-11-2008, 21:31   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
That's correct if you have 1000 full price adults paying on the gate, but we don't have that.

I only used the 1,000 as a rough guide. I know you have variances such as existing season tickets, concessions and a few more quid for the stand lot. You would only need 330 people paying £13 to match the £99 season ticket price per game. Surely there are a lot more than that paying full price ? How many season tickets did they end up selling this season ?
Old 26-11-2008, 22:54   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

gotta say reckon the idea would be a total disaster fer a club in stanleys situation.
Old 27-11-2008, 12:25   #12
Full Member+

Got to say it's a bit of a no brainer really.....

Bradford - Bigger fanbase, bigger catchment area.Gambling on getting money in now in order to achieve success and elevation to higher levels.Will it, or is it working?? Well on their current league standing and current average gates,it may well seem to be.

Stanley- Small but loyal fanbase,stuck between a rock and a hard place (i.e Blackburn and Burnley) A chairman whose first priority is to balance the books and make sure the club doesn't get dragged into the red.

Admittedly,since the conference winning days,gates have dwindled somewhat.The same can be said of other sides who have made the step up,Ala Morecambe and Dagenham have seen their average attendances fall.

But (and I'm sure Eric won't),to take a massive gamble with such a scheme would jeopardise our current financial stability. Better to work on improving on what we already have, rather than taking a massive leap into the unknown.Hopefully with continued improvement on the pitch and moves on the running of the club off it,gates may slowly improve.

If we're looking to attract even a couple of hundred fans back onto the F.E.S. maybe a better idea would be to knock the odd quid or two off lower profile games.Our neighbours (Rovers) already have such a scheme in place.Admittedly you're always liable to upset Season ticket holders with such a scheme,but maybe soften that blow with the offer of some form of discount for Season ticket holders at such games...Maybe a Free pie or Drink voucher issued at the Turnstile??

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2008, 13:10   #13

Christmas special- 'Season ticket holders bring a friend for a £5'.This would be £5 gained as my girlfriend won't go at £15,and could also encourage future season ticket sales.Just a thought.
Old 28-11-2008, 08:31   #14
Senior Member+

Middlesbrough are also looking at reducing prices:
BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | Middlesbrough | Boro hint at ticket cost-cutting
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2008, 23:50   #15
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourth official View Post
Christmas special- 'Season ticket holders bring a friend for a £5'.This would be £5 gained as my girlfriend won't go at £15,and could also encourage future season ticket sales.Just a thought.
This is one of the best related idears to date and something the club could impliment very easy!!by using the spear vouchers in the back of our season ticket book,£5 gained plus other sales on the day would all add up to much needed cash as well as swelling the gate

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..