Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2011, 20:57   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: A Fresh Start?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
I've emailed Ilyas to make him aware of what is about to happen and also to request clarification that he is still committed to the cause. Were gonna look very silly if we run O'Neil and Whalley out of town and Ilyas has disappeared

.... and I don't think you'll need to worry about SU
Good luck with that. I pm'd him a while ago asking for reassurance, but he didn't reply. I guess Dave's post above explains things. Fingers crossed.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-02-2011, 21:02   #17
Super Moderator

Cheered up a bit reading this thread (although still hopping mad!).

Just name the time and starting place, Rob!
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 21:03   #18
God Member

Old 12-02-2011, 21:21   #19
God Member

Macca, you are a god!!!

Well said Shaker............

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 21:45   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Best thing ive heard since the day was saved in London.
Old 12-02-2011, 21:49   #21
God Member

Lets hope it's not raining
Old 12-02-2011, 22:03   #22
Junior Member+

Ilyas has been in the U.S.A. all week and is not expected back before tomorrow evening.
Peter Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 22:33   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Shakers idea, whilst i understand his point, i cannot agree wi, reason - would be grossly unfair on all the hard work Coley @ Jimmy have put in to achieve the status we have gained.
Old 12-02-2011, 23:25   #24
Resting in Peace

Shows what we are up against in stirring things up when only about 13 of us can be arsed to voice their feelings.
Any other club's forum would be buzzing if their fans had to endure the continuing shambles that we have to suffer.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 23:28   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Shows what we are up against in stirring things up when only about 13 of us can be arsed to voice their feelings.
Any other club's forum would be buzzing if their fans had to endure the continuing shambles that we have to suffer.
know what yer mean, but thread wasn't posted till 8-43 n it is sat night.
Old 13-02-2011, 00:18   #26
Full Member+

Whilst acknowledging the present situation warrants drastic action, sorry, for me at least, the "fresh start" idea is a non starter.

40 odd years without a football league team had it's detrimental factors....and I don't see how condemming the town to another potential eternity without a league side would solve anything.

The current apathy towards the club from the general public of the town may result in the club lurching towards a repeat of '62, however, to me, the way the general public views the club is a self inflicted wound / ailment.

To cut to the chase, get rid of the cancer that is slowly killing this club and it may have a chance of survival. Sit back idly and let it fester.......then it is doomed.

Whalley & O'Neill have some sort of vice-like death grip around the clubs throat. Mr Khan (and Mr Marsden ) put the money up to keep the club afloat / solvent when the sticky brown stuff was about to hit the fan. If either Whalley or O'Neill had any decency, they would step aside and let Mr. Khan and the club move forward.

Neither Whalley or O'Neill have the financial clout, nor I dare say, In my opinion, the inclination to take the club forward. Yet they both seem hell bent on sticking around, neither wants to lose face, but the bottom line, for me at least, their actions / inactions would probably see the club go tits up again.

But for Mr Khan's and Mr Marsden's generosity, neither Whalley or O'Neill would now have anything to squabble over. If, as it was brokered during the recent media articles, that means all sides sitting around the table and sorting this mess out once and for all, then the club and it's fans may have a glimmer of hope and a future in the football league.

I don't doubt, that without Eric Whalley's intervention, this club would still be languishing in the non-league. I am, like many others, grateful for what he did for A.S.F.C. back in the non league days.

However, I also remember, or did I dream it???, Whalley's statement, that once he got the club back to the league, he would step aside and let somebody better equipped move the club on to the next level. I don't see what either Whalley or O'Neill stand to gain by potentially presiding over the town's football league club going bust for a second time and securing historical infamy.

As the orginal poster said, we as a club have now become a laughing stock. The butt of jokes. Despised by fans of other clubs for the way we have conducted our business for the last few years. And when the buck stops, those are accusations that are laid fair and square at the door of the people who are presently "running" this club.

To me it's a case of put up or ship out. If either Whalley or O'Neill can't ease the situation, be it either financially, or by their actions and words; then it's time for both of them to clear off and give this club a chance. Step aside and let somebody who already has the backing of the clubs fans, try and take the club forward. I could use stronger words, however the rules of this forum dictate otherwise..

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2011, 00:43   #27
bdc

A fresh start is not the answer to the problem, the simple solution is for Ilyas' plan for fans ownership to be put into action. If the share issue can be done then why can't we have it sorted so that we are rid of the ownership issue once and for all. Ilyas is the only man that can take the club in the right direction for the long-term future of the club.

Fans have fought for over 40 years to bring back league football to Accrington so to remove so sharply would be foolish in my eyes and ruin the legacy that JC and JB have created for the club. The thing that really concerns me is the short-term cashflow situation and I can see things getting back to the point where wages and the taxman aren't being paid. It doesn't take a genius to work out that we haven't had any money in for the past 2 months from matches so where has the money come from to pay for the ground improvements and wages for the loan signings? I just hope that Ilyas will break his silence and maybe help to lift the gloom that currently entwines the club and the fans.
bdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2011, 00:43   #28

if they turn up on the 26 th ban them from the club kick them all out. i was at stanley friday working on the tin pot bogs to get them running . with sum over pal for free the bogs need pullings down on the away end. its no good at all . i phone one lad up said game would be off on friday nite but he came down from morecombe . north west counties grounds run better than stanley . pm me if you want me to stop helping out
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2011, 00:49   #29
God Member

Err, yes, carpon, we've all been saying the same thing for almost two years, albeit usually in fewer words
It's been 'time' for Whalley & O'Neill to 'step aside', as you put it, for many a long month.
The sentiments and notions expressed in the opening post are there because there has been no movement; no change. The only way to turf them out, it seems, is to force them out by the major creditor calling in his debts. Whether this means closure or not remains unclear.
So, now we fans are all united, we must act. And we will.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2011, 01:02   #30
Senior Member+

Apathy is worse than anger.... only time will tell if we are wrong but fans must unite.

I/we used to be proud of our club. This is being eaten away by lies & incompetence. We are a professional club in name only.

I was proud of the rise from Unibond to the League, but our legacy since then is nothing short of disgusting

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..