Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-02-2011, 12:49   #46
Member.

Re: A Fresh Start?

I'm not against a march; I think a properly organised event could do a lot for the future of the club and bring wider publicity of the situation; that said few outside the Stanley fold will be interested and there is all to often a negative element that will seek to disrupt such positive moves.

Organisation is the key and if it means delaying matters you should. This could be an arm for good if you can get the numbers marching and the people of the town on side. I've seem a post on Face book and a few posts on here; just an handful of people. Maybe a better option is to plan, organise and communicate with everyone possible and have a major controlled event with the blessing of the Police and the Council.

You could gain larger numbers; plus the non aligned towns folk walking in support; you could have more banners and flags available; you could have the support of local Brass, Pipe or Drum Bands walking in support; bring more people out to watch, TV and a sympathetic local press giving good positive headlines that could bring wider press attention.

Added benefit may include a larger gate on the day. What about after the March; why not demonstrate peacefully inside the ground, use T Shirts to get the message across without compromising the team; give thunderous support to the lads on the pitch and then turn your backs on the Directors Box at half time everyone displaying the message very clearly to the root cause that its time to go.

Don't boycott the Game, don't seek confrontation or permit agitation. Carry the people and the town's authorities with us and this can have a power of its own.

I think Stewards would be a good idea on the day and clearing up our own mess on the way.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-02-2011, 12:55   #47

My daughter carried a banner on the walk to Rochdale i never thought it would be needed again after Ilyas stepped in i better dust it off for her
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rochdale walk.jpg (14.3 KB, 22 views)
katei77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2011, 13:15   #48
God Member

It is imperative that this march is not a one-off. If it is it will mean nothing. It needs to be done before every home game until the end of the season. We need to make the press take heed and ask questions.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2011, 13:23   #49
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
It is imperative that this march is not a one-off. If it is it will mean nothing. It needs to be done before every home game until the end of the season. We need to make the press take heed and ask questions.

Why does it have to be a march ? Surely the sooner the pressure is applied the more chance you have of people taking notice. Why not make your feelings known outside the offices before and after the Crewe match, and even half time ?
Old 13-02-2011, 13:30   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Why does it have to be a march ? Surely the sooner the pressure is applied the more chance you have of people taking notice. Why not make your feelings known outside the offices before and after the Crewe match, and even half time ?
Haven't said that it has to be a march at all. In fact, the more varied and frequent the protests, the better. However solidarity must be visible in all demonstrations.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2011, 13:37   #51
God Member

We could do the march as planned and start at next home match outside ground before and after till message gets thro that the Stanley family ain't taking any more crap from the cardboard millionaire and twinny keeping the pressure it's bound to crack the foundations soon.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2011, 13:42   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Haven't said that it has to be a march at all. In fact, the more varied and frequent the protests, the better. However solidarity must be visible in all demonstrations.
Might be me worded it wrong. What I meant is there is a home match before the Torquay game, weather permitting .. Never a wrong time for people to voice their and never few in enough in numbers. Believe me I've spent many an hour on Burnshaw Rd voicing mine, it's not all been Wembley ending seasons down our way
Old 13-02-2011, 13:46   #53
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Might be me worded it wrong. What I meant is there is a home match before the Torquay game, weather permitting .. Never a wrong time for people to voice their and never few in enough in numbers. Believe me I've spent many an hour on Burnshaw Rd voicing mine, it's not all been Wembley ending seasons down our way
That when Frankie was in charge?

Liverpool supporters plan Anfield sit-in protest against US owners | Football | guardian.co.uk

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2011, 13:49   #54
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post

Amongst other things yes
Old 13-02-2011, 14:03   #55
Full Member+

Count me in, its a shame that the only way to be heard is to protest on mass but then thats the only way to get a point accross
Old 13-02-2011, 15:36   #56
God Member

As other posts have voiced once the gas is running on demos it may have to be sustained there will be those who can't join in with a march, there is songs which again will be heard but might not be to everybodies tastes, there are banners.

It has to be something really easy that people can use to signify there discontent

Shoes Off has been done with if you "Love Stanley" by the Ultras and could work with other wording but not everyone will want to take their shoes off.

Maybe a simple and cheap option which most people probably possess already is a...

"Gloves Off" campaign in that people bring a pair of gloves and wave them in the air to signify the Gloves are off and their disapproval of what is going on.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2011, 16:02   #57
God Member

what would be nice to see would be the Main Stand really applying the pressure. The Clayton End willundoubtedly lead the way with any songs of malcontent but the Main Standers are right on top of the directors and it is they who will make life uncomfortable for O'Neil. Feel free to vent your own spleens off your own back or just join in when the songs arrive.

The hardship I would guess is that any supporters still in agreeance with Whalley or O'Neil are most likely housed in the main stand so you meet with a degree of hostility. However, to see the Main Standers rising as one against the bumbling cretins who are ruining our club will be a joy to behold.

The pressure starts at the next game. The march is an opportunity for all like-mindedness to pull together and display the oneness that was so evident earlier in the season. As sad an occasion as it was Cox's funeral showed that we are a United front and if you kick one of us we'll all limp.
I would detest the march to happen with only around a hundred people - it has to be a good few hundred people, and it has to grow from there. This must be the rolling stone THAT WILL gather moss.

I personally won't advocate a boycott unless I was given assurances by Ilyas that starving the club of its income is a viable weapon, but obviously many are already doing that anyway so it is up to the individual.

Police have been notified.
Old 13-02-2011, 16:05   #58
Junior Member+

With all due respect taking shoes and gloves off will not make the desired impact on these individuals.
The reason the two people came to our club was to feed their ego. They are not fans like us and only care about money and prestige.
To see them swan around the ground on matchdays has made a season-ticket holder like myself question my reasons for going to the match, never mind the walk-on supporters.
We need to find a way which makes these people feel as uncomfortable as possible and turn the focus on them. The excellent on-field management duo will appeal for us to not distract the players but without a serious series of demonstrations there will be no club or players.
We have known this day has been coming for a long time. At most clubs it would have come to a head a long time ago.
Let’s not be naive though, I can see Eric Whalley letting the club fold rather than back down to us. A protest needs put pressure on the men in power.
Ghostbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2011, 16:07   #59
God Member

Post Re: A Fresh Start?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
As other posts have voiced once the gas is running on demos it may have to be sustained there will be those who can't join in with a march, there is songs which again will be heard but might not be to everybodies tastes, there are banners.

It has to be something really easy that people can use to signify there discontent

Shoes Off has been done with if you "Love Stanley" by the Ultras and could work with other wording but not everyone will want to take their shoes off.

Maybe a simple and cheap option which most people probably possess already is a...

"Gloves Off" campaign in that people bring a pair of gloves and wave them in the air to signify the Gloves are off and their disapproval of what is going on.

Are you even on the same planet Google Page Ranking?

Good grief man, protest by waving gloves!

Sorry but no!

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2011, 16:13   #60
bdc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
Are you even on the same planet Google Page Ranking?

Good grief man, protest by waving gloves!

Sorry but no!
Fair enough if you disagree with Google Page Ranking but your comment is hardly being helpful is it? Surely it is better to come up with suggestions even if you don't agree with them rather than slate somebody for trying?
bdc is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..