Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-02-2011, 16:32   #61
God Member

Re: A Fresh Start?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
Are you even on the same planet Google Page Ranking?

Good grief man, protest by waving gloves!

Sorry but no!
Alongside other things....

All I am trying to say Pete there is there are varying degrees of age groups at Stanley it needs to be something simple that most people can join in with and feel comfortable with.

Also the more ideas and diversities the more chance of it helping keep the attention of the fans & the media to crank up the heat.

It is only a suggestion

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-02-2011, 16:44   #62
God Member

Google Page Ranking I understand what you're saying and you're right. The Hispanic type regions protest by waving their hankies innit!
Old 13-02-2011, 16:46   #63
God Member

Also helped in Egypt with the shoes

SFFS
Old 13-02-2011, 16:58   #64
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
what would be nice to see would be the Main Stand really applying the pressure. The Clayton End willundoubtedly lead the way with any songs of malcontent but the Main Standers are right on top of the directors and it is they who will make life uncomfortable for O'Neil.

Thought he sits in the TV gantry ?

The pressure starts at the next game. The march is an opportunity for all like-mindedness to pull together and display the oneness that was so evident earlier in the season.
Getting a bit confusing now. Is the march the next home game or the Torquay game ?
Old 13-02-2011, 17:01   #65
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
Are you even on the same planet Google Page Ranking?

Good grief man, protest by waving gloves!

Sorry but no!
Totally Agree! Are we now joining a panto Google Page Ranking?

Il put my simple idea across:

Meet up at the FRONT of the Town Hall (1pm)
Banners, Chants, Scarves, Even Gloves On Show
Walk from the front of the Town Hall up Blackburn Road (past argos) and then turn left to go along Abbey Street
Walk along abbey street and along towards the Whalley Road Lights
Walk up whalley road towards the crown ground
Walk towards the Carpark and carry on the protest and chanting etc in the carpark while the so called chairman arrives.
Once kick off is about to start then if you want to go and watch the boys then go do so ( preferable idea) if not then carry on the protest outside the ground.

Easy but effective idea.

Banners need to be created and us ultras can do so. HOWEVER would be good if some signs on material cardboard, paper or anything to be made by either accyweb users or supporters of stanley for the protest.

I will make some posters to go around town etc , on street lamps etc for the public to view and to also be handed out to passers by, either going through town towards the crown ground or to the people going through the turnstiles at the ground.

Another idea would be , if you go to the game, then after the game to carry on the protest for a little longer outside the offices.

I think one of the main things the protest shouldnt do is to effect the management duo and players.

For people who canne walk through the town etc and protest outside then i would suggest banners , signs etc for inside the ground or even a poster to hold up before the game?

I think we can all work together this week into putting a effective protest ahead!

Regarding the media. I have no contacts in this and im sure other people would be better at promoting it to them!! We need them on our side ! The more its broadcast the more effective the thing will be!
Only one rule. Beer afterwards

Last edited by fc:stanley; 13-02-2011 at 17:03.
fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2011, 17:01   #66
God Member

Neil, I do understand what you mean, my reply, granted rather ambiguously, was meant more tongue in cheek.

In hindsight, perhaps a cheeky smiley was required.

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2011, 17:10   #67
God Member

No worries Pete

FC
a couple of pointers

I would imagine you would need permission to put anything on street lamps etc.

you may also need to think what will be allowed in the Ground?

SFFS
Old 13-02-2011, 17:12   #68
Senior Member+

Course you would Google Page Ranking, its just cheeky posters on a street lamp etc. A few days before the protest. If they get taken off then so be it....

Yes, most things wont be allowed in the ground. 99% of the protest is outside of the ground...

The 1% would be some people holding up paper banners etc. Always see them at premiership grounds so i dont see the problem with a big piece of paper saying `DON OUT` on.?

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2011, 17:23   #69
God Member

Everything by the book is I would imagine is the way to go as the last thing needed with anything like this is adverse publicity.

SFFS
Old 13-02-2011, 17:26   #70
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
Everything by the book is I would imagine is the way to go as the last thing needed with anything like this is adverse publicity.
I think it's the constant adverse publicity everybody is protesting about
Old 13-02-2011, 17:29   #71
God Member

I reckon a local shop could donate 14 t-shirts with one letter on each t-shirt, DON & WHALLEY OUT for the front of the march, and the same 14 people sat together on the ground
Old 13-02-2011, 18:21   #72
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostbuster View Post
Let’s not be naive though, I can see Eric Whalley letting the club fold rather than back down to us. A protest needs put pressure on the men in power.
after 24 hrs thought that is the crux of the problem IMHO. the DoN claims he has paid fer the shares n E.W. has not signed em oer! that being so, then nowt is gonna change until he does, why the DoN has not pursued legal action.......god only knows, as i said before summat stinks here, but should not the main focus be on E.W.? cos as i said nothing can happen whilst he has those shares, unless someone can tell me otherwise?
Old 13-02-2011, 18:39   #73

Just a suggestion, if the protest march could muster enough people, maybe if someone got in touch with sky sports and explained the whole saga which is going on at the club, they might consider filming it, and showing a little piece on ss news like they did with liverpool.It would also show to fans of other clubs that we want change, and arent prepared to put up with the same regime any longer, and that we are trying our best to change things for the better.
Rob249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2011, 21:16   #74

on the song front - - - don't I recall summat that contains "enough is enough is enough" ?
just an idea.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2011, 07:22   #75
Senior Member+

catchy bit starts at about 1min 33 secs and the lyrics seem to fit reasonably well, with a little tweaking we could have a winner here!!
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..