Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-11-2020, 08:48   #16
God Member

Re: A glimmer of hope ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
No away fans in any tier.
if any away fan is that determined to see an away game if crowds are back will be able to see the game if its not season ticket holders only. in 65 years plus of watching football i have turned up as a neutral to games where i found on reaching the ground that the game was all ticket. it never took me long to find someone with a spare ticket with the best being stuck in london, went to the millwall v leeds all ticket thugfest and got one off the first bloke i asked.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-11-2020, 09:09   #17
God Member

Quote:
Just been on the BBC news website one minister quoting that probably half or more of England will go into tier 3 if that's going to be the case won't be many clubs with fans inside.
exactly. the whole thing was just about giving people hope when there was non previously.
Old 25-11-2020, 09:11   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i still aint got any hope living in Hyndburn, far too many dickheads here.
Old 25-11-2020, 09:17   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
It isn't just about Hyndburn they have said Lancashire will be treated as one no discussion with any local leaders government calling the shots based on certain criteria will find out tomorrow fingers crossed for tier 2 not just for football but for everything that we took for granted before, township,s in Lancashire such as Accrington were struggling before any more restrictions upto March could see towns around Lancashire never recovering.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2020, 09:57   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
It isn't just about Hyndburn they have said Lancashire will be treated as one no discussion with any local leaders government calling the shots based on certain criteria will find out tomorrow fingers crossed for tier 2 not just for football but for everything that we took for granted before, township,s in Lancashire such as Accrington were struggling before any more restrictions upto March could see towns around Lancashire never recovering.
well as things stand andy hyndburn will drag most of lancashire down its second worse place in the country it said yesterday.
Old 25-11-2020, 10:19   #21
God Member

Quote:
just being a dickhead is not confined to hyndburn, the rest of the noth west, yorkshire or the north east. all those rallies down in london does not seem to have had extra problems in the south east where you think they would. do think there are bigger underlying issues for the resons for all this.
Old 25-11-2020, 10:27   #22
God Member

Thumbs down Re: A glimmer of hope ?

Quote:
well as things stand andy hyndburn will drag most of lancashire down its second worse place in the country it said yesterday.
Don't think you can necessarily put that down to dickheads as you call them it's a lot of factors come into play depravation and old fashioned housing, who knows but 1 area shouldn't in my opinion drag the rest of Lancashire with it. To me after all being in lockdown together we should all be in the same tier.
Old 25-11-2020, 12:21   #23
Senior Member+

Current trends with COVID show the North West, as a whole, is trending on a downward spiral and in fact, is the one area in England that has the lowest rates compared with the rest of the country. Yes Hyndburn, as a whole, does not help matters, but, in context, it is just a blip throughout the region.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2020, 12:48   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Current trends with COVID show the North West, as a whole, is trending on a downward spiral and in fact, is the one area in England that has the lowest rates compared with the rest of the country. Yes Hyndburn, as a whole, does not help matters, but, in context, it is just a blip throughout the region.
So in theory we should be put in a favourable tier London screaming from the rooftops that they need to be in a lower tier to help save the nation's economy bollocks they have give us not a moment's thought before as they enjoyed all the booms and property millionaires made, that's where all the true dickheads reside and unfortunately make all the decisions that affect us all.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 25-11-2020, 14:30   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
just being a dickhead is not confined to hyndburn, the rest of the noth west, yorkshire or the north east. all those rallies down in london does not seem to have had extra problems in the south east where you think they would. do think there are bigger underlying issues for the resons for all this.
well aware of that but this is accyweb
Old 26-11-2020, 09:24   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
this is the most annoying aspect of the tiers. having to join one because of somewhere else miles away where you never visit. i,m in the opposite field where we are lumped with bradford 10 miles away without their percentage of cases. only 4 miles from lancashire and 5 from north yorkshire so it does not make sense.
Old 26-11-2020, 10:34   #27
God Member

Tier 3 I follow it is then
Old 26-11-2020, 11:37   #28
Senior Member+

Are you Boris's replacement for Cummings ? Hahaha ! You're right but announcements not made yet.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2020, 12:20   #29
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

it has now 3 it is. think everyone in england would be in tier 1 but for the idiots.
Old 26-11-2020, 13:34   #30
God Member

Quote:
it has now 3 it is. think everyone in england would be in tier 1 but for the idiots.
I take it by idiots you mean the people in charge talk about changing rules to suit them it was all about the R rate a few months back and keeping it below 1 North West 0.8 to 1.0 lowest in country majority shoved in tier 3, London 1.0 to 1.2 tier 2 if you think you have a chance of watching this great young squad of ours in the flesh any time soon think again. Next general election should imagine if you like them or not the north will vote Labour.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..