Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-11-2020, 17:19   #31
God Member

Re: A glimmer of hope ?

Next week's game away at Shrewsbury as been moved to a 7-45 kick off as upto 2000 fans can be allowed in as they are in tier 2 thanks for that has made my night.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-11-2020, 18:16   #32
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Current trends with COVID show the North West, as a whole, is trending on a downward spiral and in fact, is the one area in England that has the lowest rates compared with the rest of the country. Yes Hyndburn, as a whole, does not help matters, but, in context, it is just a blip throughout the region.
yer right yon outback, accrington has lost its identity with sodding hyndburn we would have been in tier 2 if alone not a lot to do with government was local that changed it if i recall correct.
Old 26-11-2020, 19:08   #33
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Next week's game away at Shrewsbury as been moved to a 7-45 kick off as upto 2000 fans can be allowed in as they are in tier 2 thanks for that has made my night.
There were only 28 of us there for a recent away fixture. We were socially distancing before anyone had invented the term...
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2020, 20:03   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
There were only 28 of us there for a recent away fixture. We were socially distancing before anyone had invented the term...
One visit was enough unlike the old meadow the new meadow another soulous concrete stadium 7 miles out of town with nothing around.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 26-11-2020, 20:09   #35
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
One visit was enough unlike the old meadow the new meadow another soulous concrete stadium 7 miles out of town with nothing around.
And the chap in the coracle doesn't have much to do these days either...
AccyMad and monkey hanger like this.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2020, 21:09   #36
God Member

Post Re: A glimmer of hope ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
And the chap in the coracle doesn't have much to do these days either...
Very good.
Old 27-11-2020, 07:35   #37
God Member

Clubs in steps 3-6 in tier 3 areas have been told no fans they were allowed in before in limited numbers now a lot saying without those fans they can't afford to stage games and some already calling for a halt again. Still no bailout at elite level and though the return of fans at " some grounds as been quoted in some circles as a step in the right direction others saying it will be less cost effective than no fans difficult and with this tier system lasting untill end of March could be a interesting juggling of finances especially if you are moved in or out of a tier, personally think we should have all been put in the same restrictions until the vaccine rolls out ".
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 27-11-2020, 08:30   #38
Senior Member+

Personally think Shrewsbury’s a decent ground. Percy Thrower’s garden centre just up the road and a decent pub on the island down the road that welcomes away supporters and a fiver to leave your car there. 5 minute walk.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2020, 08:44   #39
God Member

[QUOTE=andyd;1247296" some grounds as been quoted in some circles as a step in the right direction others saying it will be less cost effective than no fans
can understand that as all you are going to get anyway is season ticket holders that the club already has the money for. even down in leagues 1 and 2 there will not be many clubs with less than 2,000 season ticket holders.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2020, 08:52   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Personally think Shrewsbury’s a decent ground. Percy Thrower’s garden centre just up the road and a decent pub on the island down the road that welcomes away supporters and a fiver to leave your car there. 5 minute walk.
not being a lover of shrewsbury itself, always managed to get lost, and gay meadow also i looked forward to their new ground. how disapointing could it be. been there, done it, crossed off the list, end of and never to be repeated. well not till they build a motorway link from the ground right up to somewhere like sandbach at least.
Old 27-11-2020, 08:52   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
When I visited the pub was that packed you would have needed a crowbar to jemmy your way in, parking was free I think the ground is just a thrown up concrete ugly no character shell , visit garden centres all the time with my green fingered better half oh yes a camp site if you take your tent with you, at least when it was in " Shrewsbury " you could wander around the centre with a choice of various things to do, out of town stadiums do nothing for me.
Old 27-11-2020, 08:59   #42
God Member

will we get a live stream next wednesday now some of their fans can get back.
Old 27-11-2020, 09:03   #43
God Member

Post Re: A glimmer of hope ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
will we get a live stream next wednesday now some of their fans can get back.
Can't see why not, trouble is with making it a later kick off will have to watch I,m a celebrity on catch up the joys of life in tier 3.
Old 27-11-2020, 09:08   #44
God Member

[QUOTE=andyd;, at least when it was in " Shrewsbury " you could wander around the centre with a choice of various things to do, out of town stadiums do nothing for me.[/QUOTE]

know that her in the kitchen and my ex wife did go to away games. they do their thing with shops etc. whilst i watch the match. i imagine i will not be the only one who do this just to keep the peace. out of town grounds really me i,m on my own with a dog and usually for one visit to them only. anyone actually visited the delights of afc fylde with over a hour to spare sums these places up.
andyd likes this.
Old 27-11-2020, 09:17   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
know that her in the kitchen and my ex wife did go to away games. they do their thing with shops etc. whilst i watch the match. i imagine i will not be the only one who do this just to keep the peace. out of town grounds really me i,m on my own with a dog and usually for one visit to them only. anyone actually visited the delights of afc fylde with over a hour to spare sums these places up.
A.F.C.Fylde wouldn't be bad for me the lad lives round the corner.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..