Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-11-2020, 15:06   #1
Senior Member+

A glimmer of hope ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/55010011
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-11-2020, 16:14   #2
God Member

Re: A glimmer of hope ?

Tier levels announced Thursday the North West has the lowest R rate in the country at the moment wether that relates to a lower tier no idea but a lot to be positive about fans will return especially in bigger numbers when the magic jab is rolled out.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2020, 16:48   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

aye but if they include Manchester and districts dont hold yer breath.
Old 23-11-2020, 17:03   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
aye but if they include Manchester and districts dont hold yer breath.
I think personally that there will unfortunately be a lot of tier 3,s but there is light at the end of the tunnel if we aren't in tier 1 or 2 Thursday the return is coming sooner rather than later.
Old 23-11-2020, 19:02   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

think yeh phrased that wrong mate?
Old 23-11-2020, 19:54   #6
Senior Member+

I think that it is highly likely that we in Accrington will still be subject to Tier Three restrictions from Thursday onwards. Which means ZERO supporters in the Wham Stadium!
However, will we be able to travel to away matches and watch Stanley play against teams based in Tier One and Tier Two areas?
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2020, 20:10   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
I think that it is highly likely that we in Accrington will still be subject to Tier Three restrictions from Thursday onwards. Which means ZERO supporters in the Wham Stadium!
However, will we be able to travel to away matches and watch Stanley play against teams based in Tier One and Tier Two areas?
Away fans not a chance.

Last edited by andyd; 23-11-2020 at 20:14.
Old 23-11-2020, 20:14   #8
God Member

I,m afraid choirboy you are probably right about tier 3, but these tiers will be reviewed every 2 weeks and if we continue in the same downward path hopefully we will go into 2 pretty quickly because tier 3 this time is harsher than before lockdown.
Old 23-11-2020, 20:23   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
Doubt if we will be able to go away reckon we will have to remain in area?
Old 24-11-2020, 09:36   #10
God Member

Andy Holt piece in the Times today about the gradual return of fans and the financial impact unfortunately he thinks Stanley will be in a tier 3 area at first but says it's a step in the right direction, he is probably right but if the rate continues to fall maybe in 14 days after we will be moved into 2 so middle of December could be the date.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 24-11-2020, 10:15   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
I,m afraid choirboy you are probably right about tier 3, but these tiers will be reviewed every 2 weeks and if we continue in the same downward path hopefully we will go into 2 pretty quickly because tier 3 this time is harsher than before lockdown.
a couple of weeks down into tier 2 but back into tier 3 in january. january into march is the worst period of the year anyway for respiratory illness so i honestly cannot see much action happening certainly in the north west and yorkshire.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2020, 10:18   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
a couple of weeks down into tier 2 but back into tier 3 in january. january into march is the worst period of the year anyway for respiratory illness so i honestly cannot see much action happening certainly in the north west and yorkshire.
Just been on the BBC news website one minister quoting that probably half or more of England will go into tier 3 if that's going to be the case won't be many clubs with fans inside.
Old 24-11-2020, 10:42   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
its probably a knocking bet with the thickos that reside in Hyndburn.
Old 24-11-2020, 11:21   #14
Senior Member+

Reading the figures that have been published up to date, Stanley will get zero fans in tier 3, 2,000 fans in tier 2 and 2,500 in tier 1 i.e. up to 50% of ground capacity in tier 1 (to a maximum of 4,000) and up to 50% of ground capacity or 2,000 whichever is the lesser in tier 2. Can't see away fans being allowed unless possibly from the same region.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2020, 12:03   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Reading the figures that have been published up to date, Stanley will get zero fans in tier 3, 2,000 fans in tier 2 and 2,500 in tier 1 i.e. up to 50% of ground capacity in tier 1 (to a maximum of 4,000) and up to 50% of ground capacity or 2,000 whichever is the lesser in tier 2. Can't see away fans being allowed unless possibly from the same region.
No away fans in any tier.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..