Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Roots To The 92

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2016, 21:02   #1

A little light reading: Roots To The 92

Dear All,

Hard luck yesterday - I hope you make it in the play-offs. My team (Southend) did last season, it's certainly the way to get promoted if it works, especially if you factor in the 122nd minute equaliser and penalty win that we had. I recall going a bit silly.

Anyway, reason for the post is that I have just published a book (my first) which I have have written to be of interest to all football fans including those from Accy.

After 45 years of footie watching I completed doing the current 92 grounds last month (it took 125 grounds to do it) and to satisfy another goal on my 'bucket list' I have written a book on the journey. It is not a series of match reports (I'm sure that would be quite dull), instead it is a tale of what it was like to be there covering my experiences from 1971 to the present day. I'm sure many of my trials and tribulations will be familiar to your own. I have written it in a 'dry humour' style, my aim is to entertain, though no doubt if you do me the honour of buying it you will be the judge of that.

The book also has a Foreword by ex Southend, Bury, Blackpool and Northern Ireland international Derek Spence.

This is not a money-making exercise, that was never the aim. I have no delusions on being the next JK Rowling, I will simply be pleased to cover my costs on the tiny royalty percentage. Like you I just love talking football.

Although I am a dedicated Shrimper many of my ground visits were with other teams (I have not always lived in East Anglia) or as a neutral. So it is by no means a Southend-centric book.

My trip to Stanley Park was certainly memorable - indeed I had to do it twice! It is in the book.

You can buy the book by simply typing 'Roots To the 92' in to Amazon (paperback or kindle) or the publisher (Completely Novel) site (paperback only). Currently the delivery is quicker with the publisher but Amazon will speed up soon as it's only just been set up with them. Or you can learn more about the book, see a video picture montage and access the buy links by visiting a website I've prepared for the book: www.rootstothe92.co.uk

All the best, Andy

PS note to moderators: apologies if I should have sought your permission to post this first, please excuse my excitement in having something published for the first time and also something I'm quite proud of. I genuinely think it will be of interest to all football fans.
Kiwi John and Bolton in Ossy like this.
Roots To The 92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..