Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-10-2014, 20:47   #46
Senior Member+

Re: A Morecambe trick or treat match thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
Anyone know the crowd numbers?
1710 according to the Beeb.
Kiwi John likes this.
Old 31-10-2014, 20:47   #47

BBC give crowd as 1710, KJ
Kiwi John likes this.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2014, 20:48   #48
Senior Member+

Great result
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2014, 20:50   #49
God Member

Thanks LLS and Chimer
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2014, 20:57   #50
Senior Member+

Anyone know how JJ is and what they think he's done? I hope it's not time for keeper number 5 when we're only in October!
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2014, 21:09   #51
Senior Member+

Apparently Bavs is doing nowt!
Old 31-10-2014, 21:12   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by nige b View Post
Apparently Bavs is doing nowt!

As ever!!!
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2014, 21:14   #53
Senior Member+

Our current 23 points is our best return from the first 16 games since we won promotion
KiTChener likes this.
Old 31-10-2014, 21:29   #54
Resting in Peace

As usual we should have been 4 or 5 up at half time and although Morecambe came out of the blocks well in the second half and looked good for a spell we should have had a few more in the second half. Their goalie made some cracking saves from Carver, Moly and others so it was a bit nervous towards the end. Although the Shrimps had some good possession and moved the ball about very well I can't remember them bringing any saves from Simpson, who was caught cold for their goal. What a goal from young Shay though!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2014, 21:40   #55
Senior Member+

Thoroughly enjoyed the first 45, but I hate 2-0 half time leads. But for once, it was unjustified. Yes the shrimps came out of the blocks in the 2nd half to make a game of it, and they were constantly crowding young Simpson, who should have stayed on his line for their goal, however he caught, punched and kicked the ball really well after this and seemed to gain confidence. The whole team deserved the win and as Redraine states, we really could and possibly should have been 4 or 5 up at half time. Agree with the sponsors for man of the match and feel for him as he was kicked off the park all night. Not suprised he got subbed later on in the 2nd half.
On leaving the ground usual Shrimper trolls singing something about "same old Stanley always cheating!). When I pointed out that bus for the losers was behind them they then got a bit lairy. Obviously they can dish out the criticism but cannot take it. But there again, when they haven't beaten us (in the league) since being promoted from the Conference, you really cannot expect anything less.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2014, 22:07   #56
I am Banned

Have the Morecambe fans finally left the forum? They seem a little quiete
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2014, 22:12   #57
Senior Member+

Great result for the STANLEY!!!!!!........
3 Points and level on points with tonights opponents
It was certainly a"GAME OF TWO HALVES".
STANLEY were superb in the first half and Morecambe could not have had cause to complain if the score had been 4 - 0 to us at half time!!!!
The second half was sooooo different! I said to my daughter and friends around me that Morecambewould come out like a different team and that we would have to weather the first 10 to 15 minutes.
However, it all went a bit pear shaped with yet another injury to one of our keepers!

Simpson didn't look too confident as he took his place in the goal and his first job was to pick the ball out of the net!

However, he did improve more as the half went on but he did keep over kicking his kicks upfield with a strong wind behind him!
For much of the second half we could not get posession of the ball and when we did we could not keep it!
Despite this we did have some good chances and we could have put the game well beyond Morecambe
Six or seven minutes to be added on seemed ok for the injury to Jorronen and others but the Ref played 9 MINUTES over in total!!!!!!!!!
I have to compliment the STANLEY ULTRAS tonight who were absolutely MAGNIFICENT.
We all sang and cheered for the whole 99 minutes!
This must have been a massive boost to the players and they and Coley showed their appreciation at the end!!
On about 80 minutes we had a couple of corners and I can remember Ellison, (without his puddle!) defending their near post but looking up at THE ULTRAS in AWE as the volume swelled and we tried to induce the ball to go into their net!!!!!
Ellison was a good help to us.... what with shots well over the bar and being offside a lot!!.....Numpty!!!
All in all .... a good result and we continue to climb the table!!
ON STANLEY ON

Last edited by choirboy; 31-10-2014 at 22:22.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2014, 22:16   #58
Senior Member+

So Jim had nothing but big boot tricks to employ tonight......and as I predicted the result is a real treat for all the fans !....and for any neutrals watching the game I dare say.

Skill and Spirit paid off once again and THE run continues...don't know whether the word nemesis is in Jim Bentley's vocabulary, but that must be what he's feeling tonight !.

Trick or Treat Jim ?.
AccyMad and Revived Red like this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2014, 22:33   #59
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
So Jim had nothing but big boot tricks to employ tonight......and as I predicted the result is a real treat for all the fans !....and for any neutrals watching the game I dare say.

Skill and Spirit paid off once again and THE run continues...don't know whether the word nemesis is in Jim Bentley's vocabulary, but that must be what he's feeling tonight !.

Trick or Treat Jim ?.
Doubt Mr Bentley could spell trick nor treat so don't confuse him totally with nemesis probably thinks it's on play station!
AccyMad, Revived Red and yonmon like this.
Old 31-10-2014, 22:59   #60

felt the score line was a fair reflection of game. Felt we played the more attractive football and created the majority of the clearer chances.

The atmosphere created by the Clayton End was the best i think we've created in a long while of the matches i've been to. So well done to everyone who helped make it so lively.

I think the home fans noise did help spur the team on and may attract some occasional supporters to more games.

It is also nice to be appreciated now again by the players and manager with them coming right over and applauding us at the end of the game. It makes us fans feel more part of the team.
Outback Ozzy and yonmon like this.
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..