Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2014, 09:13   #61
Senior Member+

Re: A Morecambe trick or treat match thread.

From Shrimpvoices:
The ref was poor but once again our first half performance was diabolical, we came out after the break and took the game to them scored and it started to look as if we might get something out of the game, however Jim then decides to take our best attacking player on the night off Paul Mullin and its game over. Really don't understand why you would do that.

Funny that, I thought the ref had a half decent game apart from not coming down on Morecambe players for constantly fouling John O'Sullivan. The guy was hacked so much he had to be taken off. Though I do agree about taking off Paul Mullin and Padraig Amond, who were Morecambes two best players on the night to be replaced by average players. Did think though at the beginning of the night how awful the Morecambe away kit looked.

On another note, hope Joronen is not too seriously hurt or is this a point where Aaron Chapman returns?

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!

Last edited by Outback Ozzy; 01-11-2014 at 09:16.
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-11-2014, 10:32   #62
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy
Ellison was a good help to us.... what with shots well over the bar and being offside a lot!!.....Numpty!!!

He was like a fish out of water.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:38   #63
God Member

Mr. Ellison was his usual charming self last night - he shouted to me to shut up just because I dared to suggest that the reason he slipped on his backside at one point could have been due to a small puddle which was in his vicinity at the time - there's no helping some folk
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:47   #64
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
[/COLOR]

He was like a fish out of water.
Or a shrimp in water ?......either way it appeared to me that
Mr Ellison is ready to be put out to grass on the slopes of the Globe Arena !....I used to think he brought something to the Morecambe outfit, but sadly not any more !....but it comes to us all !!.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 11:02   #65
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
I used to think he brought something to the Morecambe outfit,
He has Yonmon, unstinting generosity to Stanley, It's not every L2 manager that keeps on giving to little old Stanley. I'd say he's up there with the giants of managerial greatness, a L2 Moysie if you will!
Revived Red likes this.
Old 01-11-2014, 12:34   #66
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
..I used to think he brought something to the Morecambe outfiit...
Notwithstanding his obvious charms and beauty, Mr.Ellison has brought something to Morecambe as he is their top scorer this season! But maybe Ellison's ineffective performance last night was more down to the quality of Stanley's defenders?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 14:11   #67
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
From Shrimpvoices:
The ref was poor but once again our first half performance was diabolical, we came out after the break and took the game to them scored and it started to look as if we might get something out of the game, however Jim then decides to take our best attacking player on the night off Paul Mullin and its game over. Really don't understand why you would do that.

Funny that, I thought the ref had a half decent game apart from not coming down on Morecambe players for constantly fouling John O'Sullivan. The guy was hacked so much he had to be taken off. Though I do agree about taking off Paul Mullin and Padraig Amond, who were Morecambes two best players on the night to be replaced by average players. Did think though at the beginning of the night how awful the Morecambe away kit looked.

On another note, hope Joronen is not too seriously hurt or is this a point where Aaron Chapman returns?

Do you not realise Jim Bentley made the subs because he didn't want to win the game...it would have spoilt a fantastic run of league defeats by Accy.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 08:47   #68
Senior Member+

Well my first two pence worth in a while.....

Thought the first half was the best 45 minutes we have played in a long time. Helped Morecambe really where shocking in the first period.

Thought the team had great balance, Proccy and JOYCE holding has made the team much more solid looking in the middle (funny that aint it football19 !??! ) . First time ive seen O sullivan and Maguire play and they both look good young talents. Moly still not at his best, but its not surprising after sitting on the Crewe bench for 6 months.

Mccarten looks like he had a new lease of life under Coley which is great to see. Burnley fans always used to rate him highly and hopefully he can kick on with a few more goals.

Also a great atmosphere in the Clayton End and nice to see some sort of atmosphere back..... Though did we really need the Jimmy Harvey and Beattie songs?? Left a small sour taste in my mouth in what was another great win.
smobile and chevyfire like this.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 13:15   #69
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Well my first two pence worth in a while.....

Thought the first half was the best 45 minutes we have played in a long time. Helped Morecambe really where shocking in the first period.

Thought the team had great balance, Proccy and JOYCE holding has made the team much more solid looking in the middle (funny that aint it football19 !??! ) . First time ive seen O sullivan and Maguire play and they both look good young talents. Moly still not at his best, but its not surprising after sitting on the Crewe bench for 6 months.

Mccarten looks like he had a new lease of life under Coley which is great to see. Burnley fans always used to rate him highly and hopefully he can kick on with a few more goals.

Also a great atmosphere in the Clayton End and nice to see some sort of atmosphere back..... Though did we really need the Jimmy Harvey and Beattie songs?? Left a small sour taste in my mouth in what was another great win.
Nice to have you back Smudgie !!!,too many "love ins" on this forum lately
All the credit for our recent form is down to one man, "Coley".
Hes changed the formation back to his preferred 4-2-3-1 and brought in quality players who fit the system.
His ideas are simple,a good commanding keeper,four tough uncompromising defenders,two holding/hardworking screeners and a talented attacking front four,with pace to burn ( loz must be having nightmares about Jonno).
I agree about Moly tho,great ability but needs to up his game a little.
On a side note,i did nominate mcCarten as my dark horse before a ball was kicked,knew he wouldn't let me down !!
yonmon and smobile like this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 15:38   #70
Resting in Peace

Classy video interview by Coley on the fishy site, giving lots of deserved respect to the Shrimps. My initial reservations on his appointment are fast disappearing one by one!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 19:44   #71
Senior Member+

Redraine,it's worrying that me and you might start singing from the same hymn sheet !!
The one disappointment for me,prior to Coleys appointment,was some posters labelling his teams as playing "hoof ball".
Now Buzzer has produced an excellent playing surface,we are seeing how he likes his teams to play.
I really fancy us to have a decent season,and fancy us to score in ever game ( note- that means clean sheet =3 points,sorry Redraine )
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 22:58   #72
Resting in Peace

No clean sheet on Friday was there? I still am more pleased if we score more than t'others. Theirs wasn't a proper goal though , was it?
Old 04-11-2014, 07:36   #73
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Classy video interview by Coley on the fishy site, giving lots of deserved respect to the Shrimps. My initial reservations on his appointment are fast disappearing one by one!
Yes, a great interview. Really nice to hear John pay a lot of respect to our supporters too. The support was SUPERB and it was fabulous to hear the singing sustained for a full 90 + minutes again!!

More please lads and lasses... bring your friends and family too!!!!
ON STANLEY ON
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 08:14   #74
Senior Member+

Over 6 minutes of highlights on Shrimps Player:
Accrington Highlights
Kiwi John likes this.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 10:54   #75
Resting in Peace

It doesn't work for me, Mike, although I have superfast broadband. Do you not have to subscribe to get this facility?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..