Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-07-2009, 16:59   #136
God Member

Smile Re: A.S.F.C. FF Bid.....

Macca, not going to quote the full post, but I am glad you did it because I could not have done it the justice you have, cheers mate Great news all round I feel and as we all know, we must pull together for the next 12mths and then see the rewards...

ON STANLEY ON

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-07-2009, 18:25   #137
Senior Member+

Re: A.S.F.C. FF Bid.....

Just to clarify things for my simple mind...

The FF (or its new name) is going to lend the club some money, interest free, which matches that lent by the Prof? Where has this money come from, if Ilyas is only prepared to use his money for a share issue?

The FF is predominantly a fundraising project (as it seems to stand at the moment), so how is this different to the Supporters Club?

I'm just trying to understand.
Old 17-07-2009, 19:17   #138
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
The FF (or its new name) is going to lend the club some money, interest free, which matches that lent by the Prof? Where has this money come from, if Ilyas is only prepared to use his money for a share issue?
Ilyas. the £250k he was not prepared to put in but this is a much smaller amount. In fairness it is only a loan. If the club pay it back, regularly and on time etc then it may open the way for more (imho) but the main thing was that it helps the club out at a time when cash flow is limited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
The FF is predominantly a fundraising project (as it seems to stand at the moment), so how is this different to the Supporters Club?
in essence it isn't. The two groups can more than happily work side by side though. The FF contains people who have lots of links to various bodies that can help the FC. For instance one positive of wednesday night was that our secretary, Shabir Siddique, is Chairman of Hyndburn Leisure Trust (or something like it) and offered to propose a motion at the following nights board meeting that ASFC can have gratis (or at the very least) heavily discounted use of the boroughs Sports Facilities. Etc Etc
The OSC tends to be about the average fan who has limited or no knowledge of board room stuff but just wants to get involved. It may mean that in the coming months we try to shift the focus of OSC meetings - but that will depend on the bodies that come.
Old 17-07-2009, 20:57   #139
Senior Member+

Thanks for clarifying that Rob.
Old 20-07-2009, 14:39   #140
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Accrington Stanley get extra time from the taxman Lancashire Telegraph - Accrington Stanley
Old 20-07-2009, 15:17   #141
God Member

thanks mab, saw this article this morning and was gonna post it but there was no link available. Pretty much what I posted earlier in the week but good to see it out in the press.
Old 20-07-2009, 17:58   #142
Senior Member+

I am very much for the share issue route but its good to see ASFCFF and the Club working together for the good of the Club.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2009, 18:16   #143
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis316 View Post
I am very much for the share issue route but its good to see ASFCFF and the Club working together for the good of the Club.
me also, can understand the shareholders as is though, but honestly think theres a bigger picture fer em to consider.
Old 20-07-2009, 18:23   #144
God Member

Smile Re: A.S.F.C. FF Bid.....

At the moment we have to accept that the share holders - mainly The DON - Would not want to dilute their share's with a share issue! The only way that I can see the ASSF/FF aquiring some share's would be if an existing share holder deceided to sell their share's to the ASSF/FF!! Here's hoping

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2009, 19:00   #145
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
At the moment we have to accept that the share holders - mainly The DON - Would not want to dilute their share's with a share issue! The only way that I can see the ASSF/FF aquiring some share's would be if an existing share holder deceided to sell their share's to the ASSF/FF!! Here's hoping
But that would not benefit the club only the shareholder who was selling, IMHO wasted money that would be better spent elsewhere within the club.
With a new share issue the money would be available for the club.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2009, 19:04   #146
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
The only way that I can see the ASSF/FF aquiring some share's would be if an existing share holder deceided to sell their share's to the ASSF/FF!! Here's hoping
That would mean ASFCFF money going to existing shareholders when it is the club that needs new money which should be in return for new shares to give ASFCFF a greater say and a real stake in the town's Football Club.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2009, 19:14   #147
God Member

But new shares would mean diluting O'Neil's newly bought percentage, which would be totally unfair.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2009, 19:20   #148
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
But new shares would mean diluting O'Neil's newly bought percentage, which would be totally unfair.
You're quite correct Shaker. As I've said before, if 'people' wanted to have a controlling interest in the club, they should have stumped up the cash when they had the opportunity to do so.
Old 20-07-2009, 19:20   #149
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
It depends on whether the club should be put first, I agree give O'Neill some time but in the long run the club comes first.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2009, 19:50   #150
God Member

I just think that everyone should be getting behind David O'Neill now. The opportunity for issuing new shares has gone along with Eric Whalley.

Any serious amounts of money should now (in my humble) be put into the club via the many available avenues of sponsorship.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..