Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-06-2009, 12:17   #31
Senior Member+

Re: A.S.F.C. FF Bid.....

no not at all please PM me and i will send you my number

stephen Lowe
Old 16-06-2009, 14:15   #32
Member.

I don’t like this uncertainty creeping in so early; if there a mechanism for receiving regular updates has to what happening with the ASSF please stick me down for them: [email protected]

I respect of obvious concerns maybe a detailed update could be produced and be released via a members e-mail list. The sooner the ASSF’s website is up and running the better, then people can log on and see what happening first hand, taking account that communication and time management can keep up with events.

In respect of the OSC, Are the ASSC and the ASSF not one branch on the same tree, the OSC role surely can’t just disappear, I would have thought it would naturally just be absorbed by the ASSF and that card carrying membership (with a ASSF Pin Badge) would be another funding option for those that wanted it.

In respect of misunderstandings occurring, that life, lets kiss and make up and move on.

On Stanley On.

Up the ASSF….

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2009, 16:08   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Up the ASSF….

Valairian?

we voted for Stanley Supporters Fund by the way
Old 16-06-2009, 16:26   #34
God Member

Smile Re: A.S.F.C. FF Bid.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Valairian?

we voted for Stanley Supporters Fund by the way
Macca, just read through all the posts and after the second one, well you read my mind..... but onward and upward...

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2009, 20:28   #35
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Am I missing something but it's all gone quiet over there, any updates?

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2009, 20:52   #36
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Am I missing something but it's all gone quiet over there, any updates?
It’s a little disconcerting isn’t it? I’ve been chomping on the bit since Thursday, hoping for news of some description. I hope that the ASSF isn’t going to be an organisation that sparks into life only when Mr. Khan rides into town. I hope this particular Dragon has got some balls of its own and that a steady unrelenting progress can be made without the presences of the most powerful personalities being here on the ground.

Communication is the true path towards the light; don’t keep us in the dark, even if there’s ****** all to report; bloody tell us there’s ****** all to report……

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 22-06-2009, 22:08   #37
Senior Member+

Do the committee members have specific designated roles? Chairman? Secretary? Treasurer? Publicity?

Will the names of the committee members be announced publicly?

The FF is starting to worry me almost as much as ASFC worries me.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2009, 22:39   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Communication is the true path towards the light; don’t keep us in the dark, even if there’s ****** all to report; bloody tell us there’s ****** all to report……
there’s ****** all to report

we currently meet once a fortnight, for the time being there are still legalities to formalise - which are being done.

Hopefully by the time of the next meeting (1st week of july) we will have the bank account opened and can start on accepting donations/pledges. We will also then have a clearer picture of how to make a start on fundraisers.

There was a foggying of the picture with the takeover by The Don as it changed our immediate aims, but not the overall raison d'etre.

Talks have taken place with the club, and will continue to take place with the club, until such time as a practicable solution can be found as to exactly how we (the fans - not the committee) can invest money on the terms that we dictate.

(and this bit is my opinion and not necessarily that of the committee) When we held our 2nd and 3rd meeting the attitude was probably a little more hostile as EW was still the chairman. Many people have thought that EW was holding the club in many ways and that he hadn't shown willing to talk to people who wished to help. Therefore my reason for getting involved probably had more to do with encouraging EW to step aside so that others could drive the club forward. Things have changed now in that we have a new chairman in The Don, and much of his mantra is dedicated to taking the club forwards off the field. He has stated his ambitions to build bridges between the club, and its fans, and the community. He has talked previously of his desire to professionalise the club in various key departments. Therefore I think that we should all embrace the immediate future and give The Don space and time with which to prove himself.

Back to the FF, the whole point of the FF is that we, the fans, do as much as we can to establish funds, and directives to ensure that we never again find ourselves in such a ****state as we were in last month. With a new chairman there is no immediate need to create a stampede to some position of power, and there is no need to start exerting pressure on the current regime. However, the FF has an amount of money that the club needs, and we expect to increase that amount of money by significant amounts over the coming months. Exactly how the club obtains access to these funds is the key question. We cannot and will not hand over cheques for no return. There has to be a relinquishment of power for that to happen. Shares or a position on the board for our directors are the requirement. This will ensure that 'the fans' have access to the financial state of the club at all times. It will ensure that we have some input as to the major decisions taken by the club and we will know that our voices will be heard. Once that point of view has been heard it will be down to the powers that be to make the decisions.

The balance of atmosphere has changed between each meeting. At the first meeting we had no idea what had happened that very day with EW and RH meeting the inland revenue in London, there was a possibility that they would aggresively pursue the debt. By the second meeting we had found out that an agreement had been reached and the immediate threat to the club had passed. And by the third meeting there had been the change in Chairman. So these things have slowed down the impetus, but as I said the legalities are still being sorted during this time.

Ilyas is the catalyst behind the movement and it is his money and plan that has formed the basis behind what has happened so far. However, once things are moving along fully then more of us will be able to keep you in the loop as to what is happening behind the scenes. By this time though you will all be involved anyway and hopefully you will all be driving the campaign forwards.

On a final note, I do think that the FF has to be more 'in your face' but until there is actually something to be in your face about then I think we'd just be talking for talkings sake! As proved last week, (my post about the OSC) that sometimes leads to things be said or taken wrongly and folk get upset or argue needlessly.
Old 22-06-2009, 22:42   #39
God Member

oh nearly forgot, I will make a note of the various questions asked and take them to the next meet to get an official answer.

The email updates should be a formality I would have thought, and is certainly something that we should be doing. Again though, until the website is ready to go online there is nothing to direct people to. Hopefully will be done soon.
Old 22-06-2009, 23:00   #40
Accy Red

That's all well and good Rob but surely it shouldn't have taken a question from me for you to come back with some info, bloody hell Jase used to complain about the OSC being too formal but at least we could find out what was happening. As witnessed by a friend last week Eric still seems very active at the club so my question is what is Erics role at the moment?

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 22-06-2009, 23:02   #41
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Do the committee members have specific designated roles? Chairman? Secretary? Treasurer? Publicity?

Will the names of the committee members be announced publicly?

The FF is starting to worry me almost as much as ASFC worries me.
We don't even know the basics, who are ya?

Old 22-06-2009, 23:16   #42
Senior Member+

Quote:
..... so my question is what is Erics role at the moment?
One for the club, I think.
To my knowledge it's not been announced anywhere that takeover has been completed.

Thanks, Rob, btw.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2009, 08:19   #43
Member.

So the Dragon has got balls……….Molten Fiery Steel I hope. I meant not to challenge or cast insult, but merely to get a response.

Rob, Thank you for replying, I understand the position and I appreciate the legalities that need addressing and formation of roles.

That aside I’m sure one of the broad could do what you just done; highlight the situation so as to keep the masses informed.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 23-06-2009, 09:03   #44
Resting In Peace

Quote:
my question is what is Erics role at the moment?
Eric's role at the moment, as far as we know, is Chairman
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2009, 14:27   #45
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
Eric's role at the moment, as far as we know, is Chairman
Not according to macca :

"And by the third meeting there had been the change in Chairman."
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..