Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2009, 15:06   #106
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: A.S.F.C. FF Bid.....

things must be going the right way, even cashy is optimistic.
Old 07-07-2009, 16:52   #107
God Member

Is Peter Shaw the ex-car-salesman ?
Old 07-07-2009, 21:46   #108
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman;7271m17
things must be going the right way, even cashy is optimistic.
And you've got every right to be Cashy !!....
IMHO....The corner has at last been turned...my prediction in March that for our Great Club that 'Spring has Sprung' ( although it was predicted with some trepidation !)....appears to be coming true (Well almost!).
As for Peter Shaw...the position of Chairman could not be in better hands. This wise and experienced man , whose integrity and loyalty to Accrington Stanley can not be questioned in any way whatsoever will help the Club to achieve all that is required at this time!.....TRUST ME !!.

Indisposition has denied me the opportunity to become involved in those developments which]I would dearly have liked to have added my thoughts to...but I pass my regard and admiration for all those on our Forum who have demonstrated their true support for 'the Reds'..efforts which have...and will provide the club with a viable and exciting future !..

'ON STANLEY....ON !!!!'
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 21:53   #109
God Member

Smile Re: A.S.F.C. FF Bid.....

but I pass my regard and admiration for all those on our Forum who have demonstrated their true support for 'the Reds'..efforts which have...and will provide the club with a viable and exciting future !..

'ON STANLEY....ON !!!!

Thanks for the kind words Yonmon And nice to see a post from your goodself

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/

Last edited by VALAIRIAN; 07-07-2009 at 21:55.
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 22:05   #110
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

good to see ya back online mate, ya been missed.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:19   #111
God Member

no link on their site yet but todays Telegraph has Rob Heys talking about the bid

snippets are:

Accrington Stanley hope to negotiate a new deal with the Supporters' Fund after indicating that they are unlikely to accept a proposal for a share issue.... Rob revealed the club plan to publish their accounts on a monthly basis ... they have outlined six or seven things in their proposal in terms of transparency, being honest and open, that we have no issue with at all ... we are happy to offer Peter Shaw (ASSF chairman) a place on the board ... they've invited us to a meeting next wednesday which we've taken them up on .....
Old 09-07-2009, 12:48   #112
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

no harm at all in meeting, though i do wonder the "Reason" the club say they are unlikely to accept the share issue thing? if they are gonna be as transparent as they claim, then tell us whats a no-no about it.?
Old 09-07-2009, 13:05   #113
Super Moderator

Evening Telegraph article now on line.

Accrington Stanley cautious over share issue (From Lancashire Telegraph)
Old 09-07-2009, 13:23   #114
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
cheers fer the link wynonie, explains a bit more. would love to hear both parties thoughts on the statement.
Old 09-07-2009, 15:06   #115
Senior Member+

If the Fund is serious about helping the club and not intent on watering down the current share allocation, then it shouldn't be a stumbling block.

It'll be interesting to see what happens next.
Old 09-07-2009, 16:16   #116
God Member

it probably won't be a stumbling block to be honest. Only my opinion mind you.

The problem is if we/Ilyas puts in £250,000 and they blow the money then that is it. We have nothing to show for it etc etc. The point of a share allocation is that we (you and I and everyone who wants to get involved with the FF as and when that side gets up and running) gets full involvement for the money. The FF is/will be owned and run by the fans, we get full say in what happens with the money.

The best example is that I reckon we need 5 full time top paid sales professionals on board at £50k per year each, but Coley reckons we need 5 top class strikers on board at £50k each. The first lot would enable us to have the second lot next year and paid for, but if we got the second lot first then if we did not achieve promotion straight away we wouldn't be able to have them next year and we wouldn't have the sales staff neither.

Eric has always gone for the second lot (short term fix) and ignored the first lot (long term fix) and that is what has got us where we are now - football league but with no money and no visible means of kicking on from here.

We don't yet know what The Don has in mind so its difficult to say what the future has in store, but the FF is there for if and when the **** hits the fan (kinda already has?) so the monies need to be carefully looked after.
Old 09-07-2009, 17:11   #117
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
The best example is that I reckon we need 5 full time top paid sales professionals on board at £50k per year each,
To achieve what ?
Old 09-07-2009, 18:44   #118
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

5 full time sales pros @ 50k, don't compute at all to me macca, with the potential fan base etc etc, i dont mean they do not need a sales pro, but 5 @ 50k is a bit rich to me.
Old 09-07-2009, 19:02   #119
God Member

hmm, actually what I meant to say (but was rushing cos shudda been working) was that was just an example - I didn't literally mean that we should pay 5 guys 50k.

The point is that most people would agree (The Don included) that it is the backroom where the weaknesses lie and it is this area where any investment should be made but it has to be done wisely.
Old 09-07-2009, 19:15   #120
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
hmm, actually what I meant to say (but was rushing cos shudda been working) was that was just an example - I didn't literally mean that we should pay 5 guys 50k.

Damn.... does anybody know how to fish a job application out of a postbox ?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..