Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2009, 20:15   #121
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: A.S.F.C. FF Bid.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
hmm, actually what I meant to say (but was rushing cos shudda been working) was that was just an example - I didn't literally mean that we should pay 5 guys 50k.

The point is that most people would agree (The Don included) that it is the backroom where the weaknesses lie and it is this area where any investment should be made but it has to be done wisely.
seems were singing from the same hymn sheet, now ya cleared that up.
Old 09-07-2009, 21:31   #122
Senior Member+

I fully agree that there're places where the money should be spent in order to see a return on it. I also agree that throwing money into a black hole is pointless and that the club should be made more accountable fpr investment than it has in the past. Having a representative on the Board will go a long way towards doing that, but the issuing of more shares isn't necessary to achieve that goal.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:46   #123
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
I fully agree that there're places where the money should be spent in order to see a return on it. I also agree that throwing money into a black hole is pointless and that the club should be made more accountable fpr investment than it has in the past. Having a representative on the Board will go a long way towards doing that, but the issuing of more shares isn't necessary to achieve that goal.
What use is it having a representative on the Board when DON has 51% of the votes. Whatever DON decides is passed so the representative on the Board gets no input in any decisions.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 15:12   #124
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
What use is it having a representative on the Board when DON has 51% of the votes. Whatever DON decides is passed so the representative on the Board gets no input in any decisions.
give the guy some slack mate, ok majority of shares as is in many companies, but at least this guy seems to listen. on that basis i reserve judgement.
Old 10-07-2009, 15:36   #125
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
If people wanted to break the 51% dominance they should have stumped up the cash when they had the chance. O'Neil has stepped up and deserves a shot at turning the club around. At least with a 'fans' seat on the board the club has to be more transparent.
Old 10-07-2009, 16:47   #126
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
If people wanted to break the 51% dominance they should have stumped up the cash when they had the chance. O'Neil has stepped up and deserves a shot at turning the club around. At least with a 'fans' seat on the board the club has to be more transparent.
i can go with that.
Old 11-07-2009, 13:46   #127
Resting In Peace

I am not slagging DON off, I am just stating a fact, a representative on the board will not have a telling vote and therefore will just be at board meetings to observe.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 19:06   #128
God Member

board meetings are run on a one person one vote principle, but can be overturned by a major shareholder calling an EGM for shareholders. Petty and would make the major shareholder look like a sore loser, but thats how it is.

Apparently Eric was overruled several times in this manner.
Old 11-07-2009, 19:32   #129
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
board meetings are run on a one person one vote principle, but can be overturned by a major shareholder calling an EGM for shareholders. Petty and would make the major shareholder look like a sore loser, but thats how it is.

Apparently Eric was overruled several times in this manner.
100% correct

All board members are equal, all voices and ideas are listened too!!
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2009, 11:49   #130
Super Moderator

Did the meeting between the club and the Fighting Fund take place last Wednesday...and if so, how did it go?
Old 17-07-2009, 12:04   #131
God Member

Smile Re: A.S.F.C. FF Bid.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Did the meeting between the club and the Fighting Fund take place last Wednesday...and if so, how did it go?
Yes it did take place WH Think things went OK on the whole and believe that there will be an update on events fairly soon

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2009, 12:04   #132
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Was wondering that myself WH
Old 17-07-2009, 12:07   #133
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Cheers Valairian
Old 17-07-2009, 12:28   #134
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Yes it did take place WH Think things went OK on the whole and believe that there will be an update on events fairly soon
Cheers for that, Val, will be interesting to see the update.
Old 17-07-2009, 15:21   #135
God Member

There is an article in todays Observer club and fans play happy families

in a nutshell we have followed the lead given by Professor Glasson and done the same deal (cheque will be presented at the Burnley game)

we have offered our unconditional support to the commercial department to aid their efforts particularly in selling draw tickets. We will also further liase with the club to ensure that any fundraising efforts are not duplicated.

We will be holding a public meeting in the second week of August (date to rubberstamped with the club) at the clubhouse. At this meeting you can all ask any questions as to how we propose to move forward from this point on. We will also invite all members of the public to get involved with us at this point. We need your ideas as to how we can fundraise, and we need your help to do this. This is the point that we would ideally have been at a few weeks ago but the eventual takeover and its subsequent questions delayed this meeting. But this is the point where the fighting fund becomes more than 10/11 people sat in a room and should become an army of Stanley fans all willing to make more effort to stablise our club. We now need the man on the street to be seen on the street. Footsoldiers if you will (not cannon fodder though ).

The share issue is not going to happen any time soon, so likewise Ilyas Khans money is not going to happen any time soon. The money pledged by Mr Khan is explicitly for use in a share issue and The Don (and fellow majority shareholders) have indicated that they are unwilling to travel this route.

If I'm honest this has split the committee somewhat (but peace has broken out) as some think that is our only purpose whilst others think that the FF should become other things. From becoming other things what do we do with any monies raised? do we a) feed it directly to the club to do with what they will? or do we b) save the money and do with it what we will? This point does still need to be ratified by the committee because there are valid points on both sides and there are members of the public who will not contribute to the fund whichever route we take.

All in I will agree with Rob Heys in the Observer when he says that both parties have indicated their willingness to work with each other because we all cheer for the same side. Anything that the FF is unable or unwilling to proceed with will be taken to the next OSC meeting for us to see if we can do it via that avenue.

The Don and his team (six were present) talked about various things at the meeting. They hinted at projects that were ongoing and plans that they have. I can't say anymore as any facts given (very few, mostly conjecture) were given in good faith that they wouldn't leave the room) but the upshot of it all was that the club are taking great strides towards professionalising the structure of the club. The feeling was that this season will continue to be a struggle because of everything that is going on, but providing we are safe come May we should be in a far better position for the following season. I very much doubt that the misery and disappointment that we have all felt this close season will be remembered by this time next year.

and we have beaten Morecambe to a signature they wanted after also shafting them over Jimmy Ryan

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..