Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2004, 20:00   #16

Re: A Worrying Trend

I think a good idea could be that all season ticket holders should be able to bring a friend along for a discount price say a couple of pounds off (but they are only alowed to do this about 5 times a season) and this will intise some extra fans and keep them at the club, because not many fans want to come to a game by themselves. It is alot easier to find a rovers or burnley supporter to go to a game with than it is a stanley fan. Just a suggestion???
:engsmil: 4-4-2 is the future :engsmil:
Stanleyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-09-2004, 20:41   #17
Senior Member+

A friend of mine is going to huddersfield uni and last season KIDS and STUDENTS got in for a pound Him and his mates went to loads of games last season..... But while at home he could only afford the odd game

We have plenty of space to fill at Stanley so a bit of money extra is better than none..

Promotion's and voucher's in local paper would be a good idea..

But as already stated the best way to fill Stanley is with a winning team at the TOP of the league.....and a roof to keep people dry
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 22:22   #18
Full Member+

Top quality ideas and better to do them now while the team is near the top of the league and the weather is fine. Might smack of desperation if done when the team is playing poorly and gates start to fall in the winter months.

Can we get a response from Rob?
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 03:01   #19
Senior Member+

Not worried in the slightest... Our gate is very much in line with the rest of the conference & Eric will not have gambled on the finances of a higher gate. He's not that daft!

The 400 fans that went to Morecambe is all I need thank you....

Jase

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 06:59   #20
Super Moderator

Obviously, no one can read Eric's mind, but I would've thought that he was hoping for rather more than the 1,270 who turned up for the last home match. Taking 400 to Morecambe is all very well but the home gates need to improve to justify the decision to go fulltime. The club can always rely on us lot - "the faithful one thousand" - but we need to expand the support base to achieve further progress.

Hopefully, success on the pitch will help in this and Saturday's gate will see a marked improvement.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 09:35   #21

What about offering Burnley season ticket holders half price admission to Stanley's home matches. It would be better if you could do the same for the Rovers fans as well, but you'd end up with a blood bath.

The demographics of Stanley are awful - within 5 miles of 2 successful league teams. I feel that the answer is to attract supporters from another club at a discount price. This may upset a lot of Stanley fans who are paying full price, but needs must!
Old 02-09-2004, 10:46   #22
rob

obviously the gate wasn't great on saturday, though it seemed to be reflected around the country, must be the last free weekend of the summer for diy etc?

joking apart we obviously want as many people as possible to join us on what i am sure will be another successful season. we are expecting a better gate on saturday, with very little local football on and everyone in the mood with the england game in the evening. we are also trying a few new means of promoting saturday's game.

the suggestions above are all great, we are looking to become more involved in schools this season now that we have players available during the day, and we have also joined forces with a local junior set up who will be playing under the banner of accrington stanley this season.

keep the good ideas coming, and also don't forget to do your bit in promoting the good name of accrington stanley throughout the week, we have a lot to offer and as i said above, we want as many people as possible to join us as we look to make that final step and regain our place in the football league!

best regards,

rob
rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 10:51   #23
God Member

Quote:
also joined forces with a local junior set up who will be playing under the banner of accrington stanley this season.
Rob! theres a lot of parents on here and there all gonna want to ask this.. More info on the above please.. this is the first mosty of us will know about this.. more info please
Old 02-09-2004, 11:01   #24
rob

will put a news article on the site this afternoon :-)
rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 10:15   #25

I believe that what is required to boost the gates is the aquisition of a 'big name' player. I have thought this since the middle of last season.

Whilst we have made some very astute buys in the form of Craney/McEvilly etc they are just not names that capture the imagination when people read the local rags and decide what to do with their weekends.

In the current football climate I very much doubt that there are many clubs outside the 'Championship' that can pay any more in wages than Stanley would be able to do given last seasons success. That being the case I would like to see the club make some waves an make a signing to capture the imagination.

Who do I got in mind?

Lee Trundle!!
Staveros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 11:05   #26
God Member

Who ??
Old 03-09-2004, 11:39   #27
Senior Member+

We played for Rhyl and then was signed by Wrexham for quite bit of money. He's at Swansea now and i remember him scoring a cracking goal for them in last season's FA Cup.

He's a cracking player on his day, but hardly the BIG name Staveros is talking about.
Old 03-09-2004, 11:43   #28
God Member

Whooooooosh
Old 03-09-2004, 11:55   #29
Senior Member+

Anytime you're unsure of things Kipax, just ask me.
Old 03-09-2004, 12:00   #30

Why the hell would Lee Trundle want to turn his back on guaranteed first-team league football with Swansea to come and play Conference football at Stanley for at least half his wages? I know what you mean but Trundle is just not plausible, Burton Albion signing Mark Robbins was good for them.....until he got injured pre-season.

I reckon we could sign Zidane and the general populace of Accy would still stay away and watch the big teams results come in on SkySports.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..