Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-01-2009, 12:32   #31
God Member

Re: about message board ?

Im agreeing with u all here, im getting a tad peeved & losing my faith rapidly with anything stanley atm [just my personal feeling] maybe lack of asfc re-enforcement, cancelled matches, lack of anything with regards to club > fan relationship in all aspects, lack of any enthusiasm & burnt out trying so hard over the past 18mnths.

If not remedied quick i feel a return to ashes history repetition happening soon! A change needs to happen & a new injection of real hope which wont happen under Eric im afraid.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-01-2009, 17:04   #32
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
...men with no balls.
Don't let Quakerz see this - he'll think it's another excuse for calling the match off!
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2009, 16:18   #33
God Member

.. Its a shame there's been no explanation given as to why the link was removed...thought someone from the club could try to explain the situation to those of us that are curious/interested..unless there's a split 'within' about the issue and to enter into corrospondence on here could open a can of worms...Hmmmmm..the plot thickens...
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2009, 16:23   #34
God Member

[quote=Kiwi John;671719].. Its a shame there's been no explanation given as to why the link was removed...thought someone from the club could try to explain the situation to those of us that are curious/interested../quote]

How they going to manage to get on here with no link to click on
Old 23-01-2009, 16:29   #35
God Member

[quote=lancsdave;671723]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
.. Its a shame there's been no explanation given as to why the link was removed...thought someone from the club could try to explain the situation to those of us that are curious/interested../quote]

How they going to manage to get on here with no link to click on
... BTW..I still love that avatar,just sad about the colours..
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2009, 16:40   #36
God Member

[quote=Kiwi John;671719and to enter into corrospondence on here could open a can of worms...Hmmmmm..the plot thickens...[/quote]

from the snippets I've heard here and there, I believe there is an issue regarding officials having to 'defend' their corners (man on each post? )
and getting drawn further into argument/discussions/debates than is necessary.

At the end of the day the various officials who do/did post on here, were fan based officials who agree that the fans need to know on various things, and quite rightly. But again the order comes from above.

But banning (if I 2 + 2'd things rightly) staff from using the message board still doesn't explain why the link was removed. The link is there for fans, or potential fans, from around the globe to find out where the gossip is.

Might I suggest that if you feel that visitors to the site should have a link to the main message board then send an email here [email protected]

I think it should probably be David but .......

Last edited by maccawozzagod; 23-01-2009 at 16:44. Reason: link added
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2009, 00:54   #37
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

I hope my posts about the mascot hasn't brought about the removal of the link from the fishy site

Last edited by mab; 24-01-2009 at 00:57.
mab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2009, 08:06   #38
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
I hope my posts about the mascot hasn't brought about the removal of the link from the fishy site
I wouldn't flatter yourself mab. There's been more scathing criticism than that posted on here.

The club obviously wants to distance itself from this unofficial forum and that's their prerogative. Afterall, the club appears to want to distance itself from the fans in most other areas, so why should this be any different?
Old 24-01-2009, 09:31   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thin Monkey View Post
Our job is to buy our season tickets and merchandise, sign up to the Gold Bond, purchase our matchday programme...
Don't forget your 50/50 draw ticket
Kisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2009, 10:54   #40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
the club appears to want to distance itself from the fans in most other areas
Sadly, this is absolutely true. I am very disillusioned indeed.

To be quite honest, I do now fear for the future of the club under its present regime. The club claims to want more support, yet the way that it treats its most loyal supporters is nothing less than shameful.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2009, 13:57   #41
God Member

I too have lost most of my belief in the club. Allthough I am fairly new to Stanley (the last 6 years) I have been a staunch supporter of them. Now, however, I really dont care if I go or stay away. The reason for this is quite simply that I no longer feel a part of the club. To say that the fans have been alienated is an understatement imho. No doubt the rose tinted glasses brigade will get upset by my comments but tbh I couldn't give a monkeys! I will continue to support the team but will not be putting my hard earned cash over the turnstile untill we have a change of attitude (read chairman). Very sad.
Posted via Mobile Device
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2009, 15:55   #42
God Member

It defies all logic to alienate the fans. Our most prominent 'unofficial' message board works with the club. At times some things are posted which the club ask to be removed but general critiscism isn't. We also raised just over £27,000 in various competitions, sponsored events etc over the past 12 months which is donated to the youth development of the club.

You've lost generations of fans ( no doubt somebody will tell me whose fault they claim that to be ) and working with them is the only to recover that in years to come.

I've even had to persuade my Stanley mad partner to go to the game today, says it all really !!!

Last edited by lancsdave; 24-01-2009 at 15:57.
lancsdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2009, 16:09   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I've even had to persuade my Stanley mad partner to go to the game today, says it all really !!!

did you need a bit of 'alone' time Dave?
Old 24-01-2009, 16:24   #44
Give, give, give member

It does seem sad that any new Stanley fans, as well as opposition fans, won't now be able to enjoy the forum's banter, if they aren't directed here from the official site.

I think if the club put a simple disclaimer with the link, that it is a fan's forum, and not necessarily the views of the club, their problem would be solved.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2009, 17:33   #45

this is so sad. i have been watching since the mid eighties. Everything is so negative at the moment. i dont go anymore out of principal due to everything concerned that i read on this forum (maybe thats why they dont want people to see it). the prices are extortionate especially the food bars around the ground, its a rip off and what they dont understand is that you may have reduced prices for kids (thanks) but the food is still expensive and when two children want drinks, chips, hot dogs whatever, it gets expensive. bet the club get commission. i have voted with my feet and i guess a hell of a lot more people will do as well as todays attendance proved 1056. I am a gold bond subscriber and im thinking of cancelling that as well. i feel sorry for the junior eagles as well and the discussions on here about it.
Kramer is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..