Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-01-2009, 15:53   #61
Give, give, give member

Re: about message board ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
The messageboard was removed from the fishy site because of negativity and the constant criticism that the club gets on this forum
Let's hope they don't start ejecting fans from the ground for the same 'offence'.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-01-2009, 16:17   #62
Senior Member+

Quote:
The messageboard was removed from the fishy site because of negativity and the constant criticism that the club gets on this forum
Is that an official answer, Mab?

If so, that means the club feels that outweighs the constant support that also comes from the people who use the messageboard, including all those who criticise (constantly or occasionally)?

That would be a shame .....
Old 25-01-2009, 16:19   #63
God Member

Isn't this what Robert Mugabe does ? get rid of the critiscism and leave the problems in place
Old 25-01-2009, 16:54   #64
Senior Member+

Constant criticism? Makes you laugh really. There's been more positivity and creative thinking coming from many members of this forum, than I've seen coming from the club in years.

Fair enough if the club wants to ignore the fans and distance themselves from them, but the relationship works in both directions. With just over 1000 'fans' yesterday, I can't see how that can be a good idea.
Old 25-01-2009, 17:07   #65

Posted via Mobile Device

Just gets better.
Kramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2009, 17:33   #66
God Member

Quote:
So they obviously think everything is sweet then

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2009, 18:03   #67
Super Moderator

The club don't seem to have grasped this yet, but a lot of the people on this messageboard are people who love and care about the club. They're the ones who are forever worrying and thinking about how the club can improve...the first ones to sign up to new schemes...the ones who want to buy new merchandise...the ones who turn up on cold mid-week nights, when the casual fans have stayed at home...the ones who are almost falling over themselves to praise any new initiative that comes out of the club.

If the club had any sense they would have turned this criticism/comment/call-it-what-you-will around and used it to their advantage. A prime example is Macca...he's forever posting on here with a multitude of fresh ideas about how to improve things. The club could have sat down with him, talked his ideas through and maybe some good things would have come out of it. But no, he's just an ordinary fan, so let's ignore him...what does he know about running a football club?

And now the club have just pushed their collective heads a little further in the sand, by cutting the link from t'fishy site. So now the messageboard doesn't officially exist, there's no criticism and everything's hunky dory.

...what the club may find harder to ignore are more gates like yesterday's..but, of course, as we all know, that's just the fault of apathetic Accringtonians!
Old 25-01-2009, 18:31   #68
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
The club don't seem to have grasped this yet, but a lot of the people on this messageboard are people who love and care about the club. They're the ones who are forever worrying and thinking about how the club can improve...the first ones to sign up to new schemes...the ones who want to buy new merchandise...the ones who turn up on cold mid-week nights, when the casual fans have stayed at home...the ones who are almost falling over themselves to praise any new initiative that comes out of the club.

If the club had any sense they would have turned this criticism/comment/call-it-what-you-will around and used it to their advantage. A prime example is Macca...he's forever posting on here with a multitude of fresh ideas about how to improve things. The club could have sat down with him, talked his ideas through and maybe some good things would have come out of it. But no, he's just an ordinary fan, so let's ignore him...what does he know about running a football club?

And now the club have just pushed their collective heads a little further in the sand, by cutting the link from t'fishy site. So now the messageboard doesn't officially exist, there's no criticism and everything's hunky dory.

...what the club may find harder to ignore are more gates like yesterday's..but, of course, as we all know, that's just the fault of apathetic Accringtonians!
A very good point well said/put!!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2009, 18:44   #69
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

as a rovers fan, who attends the FES quite a bit more recently, it grieves me to see the club treating the fans like "DUNG" n as a stanley fan until 62 when accy had no team, i can never remember the "Old" club doing this, fer whats supposed to be responsible people running a club, i can say without compunction, ya couldn't run a p1ss up in a brewery. yer alienating damn good fans who have watched stanley through thick n thin, n as wynonie says spent hard earned money doing so, all cos ya can't take a bit of stick along with the good ideas posted on here which in the main ya ignore, either through arrogance or stupidity. take yer pick. IMHO.
Old 25-01-2009, 19:08   #70

Thumbs down Re: about message board ?

untill something is dun at accy my feet will stay at home just put sky sports on for sat from now save £30..
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2009, 19:16   #71
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimps View Post
untill something is dun at accy my feet will stay at home just put sky sports on for sat from now save £30..
What and miss all the fun and it is the Shrimps on tuesday after all
Old 25-01-2009, 19:31   #72
Senior Member+

The club has had a very negative affect on this messageboard for a few seasons now, if only it had shed the link before the mt heads had started posting.

From being a 100% home goer, and about 25% away, it'll be about 4 games this year, if Eric's lucky.
Nothing to do with the team, just don't like being treated like crap.

Remember Lancashire Stanley Utd. that really did it for me.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2009, 19:46   #73
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

I suggest anyone with a gripe to e-mail Eric or Rob, I've just sent off a few but I'm not expecting any replies.

[email protected]
[email protected]

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2009, 20:29   #74
Senior Member+

Posted via Mobile Devicething is though ever since the post about the seats its been more negative than positive! Saying the club dont listen to the fans about puttin the seats where the fans want to put them! All this about most of the people on here sign up to things the club do! How many people have signed up to the sportmans dinner! Negativity about not getting players in! About players comeing back! About the club not careing about the fans! You just add to it by not turning up to games etc! What do u expect the club to invite all the fans to the meeting to talk about seating plans, talk about giveing money to spend on players! No so leave them to it! They are employed to do it whether they are good/bad at it than thats people opinions aint it! To me il be there on tuesday like every home game and most away games! I agree the macca has some great ideas about the bar and getting people onto the fes but thats up to them to listen! People talk about tactics and what should and who should be played but were just fans we dont see the players everyday and see what goes on behind close doors! Get behind the team! Win r lose! Have abit of a moan than forget it look foward to next game! Keep the faith! On stanley on! John n jimmys red and white armys!
MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2009, 20:30   #75
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

don't hold yer breath baggy, they know the gripes, they read this enough, so people tell me. why else?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..