Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-01-2009, 22:47   #121
Full Member+

Re: about message board ?

Macca, you're a star! Superb post which hits the nail on the head in so many different areas. If only others on this forum could take some of your points on board and try to react positively instead of the ongoing negativity which has, I am sure, driven so many posters away. Yes, there are many things wrong, but we won't put them right by turning our backs on the club. Many thanks for this "breath of fresh air"
Oldgobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-01-2009, 07:26   #122
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgobbin View Post
Macca, you're a star! Superb post which hits the nail on the head in so many different areas. If only others on this forum could take some of your points on board
How about the club taking some of his points on board...or is that too much to hope for?
Old 27-01-2009, 07:29   #123

macca some one should put you on as a new non diretro at the club to look at new way to help.
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2009, 13:01   #124
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
So please carry on paying your admission fee's. It is for Accrington Stanley.
How many times have you paid your admision fees this season ? Were you one of the 1056 last Saturday and if not then you could probably help to explain why we only had 1056 by giving us your reason for not being there.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2009, 13:52   #125
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
How many times have you paid your admision fees this season ? Were you one of the 1056 last Saturday and if not then you could probably help to explain why we only had 1056 by giving us your reason for not being there.
Jeff, Macca made it quite plain last season, that due to family commitments, He would not be 'on' very much this season, therefore He has no obligaion to explain His absence to You or anyone else!!

None the less, does that make His post any less valid, I would say not, infact it is the best post in this thread (IMHO) and has thrown a different light on a lot of the moans .........mine included........karma on its way Macca!!

Just to let you know Jeff, I was one of the missing fans and will continue to stay away for the forseable future as I am totaly dissolutioned with the whole Stanley set up and can see no hope of it changing in the near future, ergo I will save my £26 a game and stay at home..........but I will still support the team as my 'hometown' team.........as long as thats ok with yourself of course!!

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2009, 14:52   #126
God Member

OOpppss i will spoil a good post, as macca knows very well......

IDEAS are well & good but without a good support, dedication & direction those IDEAS cannot be put in fruition - that we know cos many a time have tried thro OSC which the new breed of supporters tried in vain to change & get the club to consider - frankly if it doesn't contain £ signs gained then Eric dont want to know we saw that for ourselves with exibition. To add even then - when offered on a plate they fluff that up bigtime as well - shirt launch big media co-incided with exibition & real positive interest & possible return of fans - failed bigtime & was too late.

Think last summer proved that the interest was there from the townsfolk & people whom travelled miles - even airmiles!!! But stanley chairmain let them down as far as the current history is concerned. People wont return if they are constantly let down, irgnored & regarded unimportant to the club once parted with their hard earned cash!! Mud sticks!

Ok for those that pay on the gate more often than not or have a current season ticket - they are the ones whom have that little more gripe, they are the ones contributing this season - they are the ones that are not happy & voicing that - so cold comfort to be told by those that go a few times - awww shutup its supporting accy stanley - DONT We KNOW IT, club want something for their money but so do the fans by least performance IMHO! Which prompts me like a few others have done this season which is sod that for a barrel of laughs season ticket wont be purchased next season & will go when i can or when the club wants their fans, thro effort & perfomances on & off field!

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Last edited by Stanleymad; 27-01-2009 at 14:56.
Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2009, 14:56   #127
God Member

I don't know what's more entertaining, going to watch Stanley or coming on this forum.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2009, 14:58   #128
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
I don't know what's more entertaining, going to watch Stanley or coming on this forum.
Urrmmmm easy coming on this forum

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 27-01-2009, 15:09   #129
God Member

Quote:
manager of a shop that has to open saturdays for a start
3rd child born hours before the start of the new season which has time and money implications
father in law in hospital having neurosurgery
wife suffering from looking after three kids 24/7

thats four reasons for a start jeff

tonight will be my fourth game of the season - i get there when i can. But knowing this season that I can't support the club as I would like to, I have made more effort with putting money into the club through the club shop than I would normally do. Home and away shirt bought, 15 badges bought (10 of the new 40th anniversary and 5 of the crested one), two scarves (one is the new 40th anniversary that hasn't been 'launched'), a jumper for my dads birthday, a hoodie for christmas, a wallet for my eldest child, last seasons (reduced in price) home and away strip for the two oldest kids). I also subscribe to th Gold bond and Stanley legends and if and when I get chance to grab a few pints during the week I tend to drink at Mo's tavern aka The Crown.

Not counting the alcohol I make that well over two hundred quid spent on merchandise plus the four games at £52. How much was your season ticket Jeff?

I think I am still entitled to have an opinion despite not being a 'regular'
Old 27-01-2009, 15:11   #130
God Member

aye u do keep the stanley bar busy macca pmsl

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 27-01-2009, 15:37   #131
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
Jeff, Macca made it quite plain last season, that due to family commitments, He would not be 'on' very much this season, therefore He has no obligaion to explain His absence to You or anyone else!!

None the less, does that make His post any less valid, I would say not, infact it is the best post in this thread (IMHO) and has thrown a different light on a lot of the moans .........mine included........karma on its way Macca!!

Just to let you know Jeff, I was one of the missing fans and will continue to stay away for the forseable future as I am totaly dissolutioned with the whole Stanley set up and can see no hope of it changing in the near future, ergo I will save my £26 a game and stay at home..........but I will still support the team as my 'hometown' team.........as long as thats ok with yourself of course!!
I think you took my post the wrong way. The post was asking for reasons why we only had 1056 on. Macca's reasons could have been the reasons relating to a lot of people who do not watch Stanley, therefore Macca could part answer the question of reasons why some people do not go to Stanley.

As for you staying away, that is up to you. But please don't say that you will still support the team. If you do not go to the games you do not SUPPORT the team you are a fan of the team. Or if you consider yourself supporting the team please explain how you are supporting them if you stay away. The Stanley set up will have less hope of changing if you and others stay away thus depriving the club of income.

As for Macca's suggestions of what should be done. A couple of years ago we had long winded posts from Macca regarding the Supporters Club about what should have been done and what was going to be done now that Macca was in charge. What happened to all that when it was put into practice, how did all his suggestions and ideas change the Supporters Club. Well I am told that there were four people at the last meeting, that's how much it changed it.
Old 27-01-2009, 15:46   #132
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
manager of a shop that has to open saturdays for a start
3rd child born hours before the start of the new season which has time and money implications
father in law in hospital having neurosurgery
wife suffering from looking after three kids 24/7

thats four reasons for a start jeff
Well that's four reasons that could apply to other people who do not come to Stanley. Four answers to the question why we only had 1056 at the game.

I wasn't getting at you for not going to the games just asking for your reasons which could apply to others.

In answer to your question of how much my season ticket cost. When Stanley were in the Unibond League and short of money I paid £799 to be a life member, I am now entitled to a season ticket for life. I hope that my £799 went some way to helping Stanley get back into the league.
Old 27-01-2009, 16:02   #133
God Member

Quote:
As for you staying away, that is up to you. But please don't say that you will still support the team. If you do not go to the games you do not SUPPORT the team you are a fan of the team. Or if you consider yourself supporting the team please explain how you are supporting them if you stay away. The Stanley set up will have less hope of changing if you and others stay away thus depriving the club of income.

I do not attend matches-its abit far away-but I take exception to your comment suggesting if I don't attend games I am NOT supporting the team.etc.. I have spent around 130 pounds with the club this season.Is that not supporting them ???

Last edited by Kiwi John; 27-01-2009 at 16:09.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2009, 16:09   #134
God Member

... and ERIC and co; How on earth can you let a bloke of MACCAs ability not take a position on your board ??? .. You really should give it consideration.The mans influence and respect from his peers alone would add greatly to the gate- and thats the bonus as his marketing ability and unbridled enthusiasm would be of immense value to ASFC.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2009, 16:09   #135
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
I do not attend matches-its abit far away
Poor excuse

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..