Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By DAV007
  • 3 Post By Exile on Spencer St

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2014, 23:10   #1

Exclamation Accrington Fan Needed! :)

Hi All,

i write Southend United match previews & reports for Everything you need to know and do in Leigh-on-Sea | Leigh-on-Sea. Just a quick message to say that I am currently recruiting people to take part in my mid-season review/preview, to be published on Everything you need to know and do in Leigh-on-Sea | Leigh-on-Sea around the New Year period. It will require you to fill in a questionnaire regarding Accrington's season up to the end on 2014 and how you think Stanley will do in 2015.

Please comment if you are interested and thanks in advance

LMP (Alec Hitchman)
LeighMatchPreviews is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-11-2014, 12:14   #2
God Member

Re: Accrington Fan Needed! :)

This is a job for Davo !
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2014, 19:07   #3
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
This is a job for Davo !
Exile why are you trying to drive all Stanley supporters into oblivion?
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2014, 08:54   #4
God Member

C'mon, Chubbs, anyone who predicts a 0-4 scoreline ar Brunton Park can't be all bad.
Old 14-11-2014, 11:57   #5
Senior Member+

When I read the headline 'Accrington Fan Needed', my first thought was that I could let the poster have an electric one....I applaud your work Mr Leigh. Leigh on Sea is not to be confused with the only major town in Lancashire which does not have a railway station, the inhabitants of which get angry when told that Leigh is part of Wigan.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2014, 15:49   #6
Senior Member+

OP

Happy to help
LeighMatchPreviews likes this.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2014, 08:44   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
When I read the headline 'Accrington Fan Needed', my first thought was that I could let the poster have an electric one....I applaud your work Mr Leigh. Leigh on Sea is not to be confused with the only major town in Lancashire which does not have a railway station, the inhabitants of which get angry when told that Leigh is part of Wigan.
I am sorry Bob, but Leigh is NOT in Lancashire and hasn't been for a long time. It is now part of the Metropolitan county of Greater Manchester and whilst residents of the town may get angry for being part of Wigan (which it is) I know from personal experience that Wiganers still insist on being part of Lancashire (which like Southport, it isn't anymore!)

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2014, 10:42   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
I am sorry Bob, but Leigh is NOT in Lancashire and hasn't been for a long time....
That only applies, Ozzy, if you accept Lancashire is merely an administrative and political construct, dreamt up by some Whitehall jobsworth called Maude, and not a state of mind.
MikeA, cashman and Chimer like this.
Old 15-11-2014, 13:05   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
I am sorry Bob, but Leigh is NOT in Lancashire and hasn't been for a long time. It is now part of the Metropolitan county of Greater Manchester and whilst residents of the town may get angry for being part of Wigan (which it is) I know from personal experience that Wiganers still insist on being part of Lancashire (which like Southport, it isn't anymore!)
Nonsense! You'll be saying Barrow's not in Lancashire next!
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..