Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-05-2010, 13:58   #1

Accrington Fans can you help Salisbury City FC?

Hi, a Salisbury City Fan here,

You may have heard, you may have not that Salisbury City FC have been thrown out of the Blue Square Premier and demoted two leagues to the Southern Premier League by the Conference Board.

Salisbury City FC and the supporters feel that this is an injustice and unfair decision by the board. The football club have launched an appeal.

The supporters, at the request of the football club are contacting all TRUE football fans... to help us to overturn the ridiculous outdated rule from the Conference League. We have already been penalised for entering administration, being deducted 10 points and having a transfer embargo. An agreement was reached with the creditors and the club came out of administration. Despite all of this we finished a credible 12th and we thought had survived, but once the league finished we were informed that we would be ineligible for the conference football.

A Facebook group has been set up to show the strength of feeling and after just a day has already 550 plus members from many different clubs. If you agree with the unfairness of of our treatment please join the group:

WE BACK THE BID !!! Salisbury City Supporters official online petition | Facebook

Thank you for your time, your support would be much appreciated
twenty3four is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-05-2010, 16:45   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Accrington Fans can you help Salisbury City FC?

Job done, good luck wi yer appeal.
Old 23-05-2010, 21:47   #3
Senior Member+

Also supporting the appeal

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2010, 21:59   #4

snap
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2010, 22:23   #5

Thanks very much. We have had a good number of your supporters leaving positive comments of support. Has been an amazing response we are already through the 1000 members mark and has only been up and running little more than 24 hours.

Thanks again it is very much appreciated.
twenty3four is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2010, 22:30   #6
God Member

It is ridiculous.. I'm in!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2010, 20:56   #7
Senior Member+

As regards my other clubs one of the few highlights of the 2002/3 season I think I recall was a good win over Salisbury in the FA Cup. One of our players Jon Beswetherwick went on to play for them. He was in the police when last I heard.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..