Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-08-2005, 08:33   #1
Full Member+

Accrington Fans Where For art you

I had to wait until my NLP came today to confirm that the attendance at The Interlink Express Stadium was just 1,012.

The lowest in the Conference even below that of Forest Green.

First game of the season so this does not bode well. T'Rovers were away too.

What do you guys think was the reason for this.
Morecambe_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-08-2005, 09:14   #2
God Member

Re: Accrington Fans Where For art you

Thats how many fans we have on a rainy day. simple as that.. Try and live with it.
Old 14-08-2005, 09:44   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
Thats how many fans we have on a rainy day. simple as that.. Try and live with it.
So putting a roof behind each goal would pay for itself within a couple of months?
Robaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2005, 09:55   #4
God Member

haha would it hell as like.. Are you expecting a massive downpour like that every sat for the next few years?
Old 14-08-2005, 11:00   #5
Give, give, give member

Although it was a nasty day, the match was dry, and the sun even shone when we scored a goal.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2005, 11:25   #6

Cool Re: Accrington Fans Where For art you

I wish the F.A. or who ever it is would hurry up with this grant. The covers were a factor yesterday but thats just life. We have to wait for the money its to much to ignore it. Come on summer give us a bit more sun on non working days.
flying red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2005, 11:44   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying red
I wish the F.A. or who ever it is would hurry up with this grant. The covers were a factor yesterday but thats just life. We have to wait for the money its to much to ignore it. Come on summer give us a bit more sun on non working days.
I agree, I went along yesterday with two Rovers fans and if the ground was better, I'm sure more people (how many I don't know, but even an extra fifty would have meant more money - an extra £500 for the club) would attend games. I'm sorry but from what I've seen over the last couple of seasons our ground is one of the worst in this league. If the other grounds can have covered ends, then why can't we?
Blackburn Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2005, 11:53   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
I'm sorry but from what I've seen over the last couple of seasons our ground is one of the worst in this league. If the other grounds can have covered ends, then why can't we?
Obviously havent visited a lot of other conference grounds then.......ours is an average ground.....a lot of others are sh*tholes, if our ground was like Gravesend, Hereford, FGR, Tamworth and Farnborough last season then I'd worry
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2005, 12:06   #9
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackburn Stanley
I agree, I went along yesterday with two Rovers fans and if the ground was better, I'm sure more people (how many I don't know, but even an extra fifty would have meant more money - an extra £500 for the club) would attend games. I'm sorry but from what I've seen over the last couple of seasons our ground is one of the worst in this league. If the other grounds can have covered ends, then why can't we?
An extra 50 adult fans @£12 a pop would be £600 in the club's coffers.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2005, 12:10   #10
God Member

So what your all saying is... get a roof costing thousands of pounds... pay for it on the tick using the dosh from when more fans arrive in the rain to go under the roof... hope it rains every sat for the next few seasons to pay for it...

hmmmmm
Old 14-08-2005, 12:28   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
An extra 50 adult fans @£12 a pop would be £600 in the club's coffers.

Only if all those fifty paid the full price. What about the kids and OAP's? An average of a tenner each was my guess.

However an extra fifty would also mean more programme sales. Food/Drink sales. Maybe club shop sales. It all adds up.
Old 14-08-2005, 12:32   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiffy16
Obviously havent visited a lot of other conference grounds then.......ours is an average ground.....a lot of others are sh*tholes, if our ground was like Gravesend, Hereford, FGR, Tamworth and Farnborough last season then I'd worry

I've never been on Farnboroughs ground, but their out of the top flight anyway now. Tamworth and FGR were poor, I'll grant you that. Gravesend have an average ground. However Hereford - come on man, this use to be a Division Two (what they call the championship now) ground. I think Herefords - Edgar Street ground is one of the best in our league - if not the best (although I've not been on Cambridge Ubited).

Perhaps you should start a thread on the best - and worst grounds in the Conference?
Old 14-08-2005, 13:56   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
So what your all saying is... get a roof costing thousands of pounds... pay for it on the tick using the dosh from when more fans arrive in the rain to go under the roof... hope it rains every sat for the next few seasons to pay for it...

hmmmmm
I tell ya something though: what a roof at each end would do for the atmosphere would add hundreds to the attendances! More whipping up of the crowd using the tannoy would help too.

How much would a roof at each end cost? Anyone know the numbers?
Robaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2005, 15:43   #14
Senior Member+

Couldn't we use the undisclosed money from the sale of players this year or were they worth less then a roof?

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2005, 16:00   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackburn Stanley
I've never been on Farnboroughs ground, but their out of the top flight anyway now. Tamworth and FGR were poor, I'll grant you that. Gravesend have an average ground. However Hereford - come on man, this use to be a Division Two (what they call the championship now) ground. I think Herefords - Edgar Street ground is one of the best in our league - if not the best (although I've not been on Cambridge Ubited).

Perhaps you should start a thread on the best - and worst grounds in the Conference?
Hereford's ground best in the league!!!????!!!! YOU ARE HAVING A LAUGH

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..