Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2008, 00:05   #196
God Member

Re: Accrington Stanley - Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-P View Post
a nice trip to spain on expenses won the day
you're not wrong there

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-11-2008, 08:40   #197
God Member

the problem with the programme was that it was supposedly about the running of a club and the hardships associated so I could understand that the fans aren't really part of that. But neither was Corinna's hen do or Cav's stag do.

they could have shown people like John Lowe who go up and help around the ground

they could have featured more of the Supporters Club and the efforts they make to try to help the club

they could have featured more on people like Jack Barratt and his infamous walk to Liverpool.

They were offered to film at the end of season presentation night, but though they were told proceedings started at 8pm we got a phone call at 8:15pm asking if we could delay the start until after 9pm when they could get there!

They attended meetings for the Exhibition and could have shown that a half dozen people were attempting to put on an event for the club and were spending many hours a week working towards that goal.

They could have shown more about the fans that do go to far flung games and the hardships associated with being one of only a few who have the time and money to do so.

On the face of things and taking the programme for what it was, a light hearted look at the smallest club in the football league, it was funny in parts and mostly entertaining. Even the wedding bits. But from the point of view that it could have done so much for us then it was crap.

I, like Harwood Red, took many phone calls and did several interviews as part of the 'research' into the programme. And I, like most of us, am disappointed that the fans perspective didn't come across.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:40   #198
K-P

Quote:
They could have shown more about the fans that do go to far flung games and the hardships associated with being one of only a few who have the time and money to do so.
Some go to games when they havent got the time or money, some make sacrifices that you and me wont take (anymore?) to watch a game of football.. I am guessing you have stretched it a bit from time to time macca.. risked getting in trouble at work or with the missus, begged steal or borrowed as they say.... to get to an important match.. maybe more?. we all have our own levels but it certainly isnt a case of simply having the time money to spare ... IMHO
Old 11-11-2008, 10:16   #199

Lightbulb Re: Accrington Stanley - Exactly

snap kp was load of crap but if it turn one new fan its ok like you said it could have followed same fan traying to get to games in the times were money is hard to get.
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 10:18   #200
K-P

So it was shown local... what do we think. should it go national ? should the club show it over the internet for the world to see... waddaya fink ?

I say bury it
Old 11-11-2008, 10:33   #201
I am Banned

I hear ( but have no confimation) that we can show in again on ASFC TV (pay per view) and also there may be a DVD of all the episodes plus addition unseen footage.

Could Mr Touchline TV confirm??

I would be good to watch certain parts again, to see who and what was in the background
southernred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:32   #202

Question Re: Accrington Stanley - Exactly

i would bye dvd. i miss some bits as i was working
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 14:34   #203
Junior Member+

bump... Does anyone know where I can get hold of this TV show. I only saw one episode and would love to watch some more. Please please could someone help me out.
Thankyou
iamreverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 17:10   #204
God Member

It really wasn't worth the hype mate, cringe worthy best of times.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2009, 16:16   #205

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamreverend View Post
bump... Does anyone know where I can get hold of this TV show. I only saw one episode and would love to watch some more. Please please could someone help me out.
Thankyou
I would like to see it also if it is shown again
claytonheath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2009, 19:19   #206
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldclaytonian View Post
I would like to see it also if it is shown again
Its on youtube, put in Accrington Stanley Exactly! into the search box
Old 22-02-2009, 11:31   #207

Cheers, will have a look
claytonheath is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..