Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2008, 22:16   #46
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Accrington Stanley - Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Really looking forward to the programme now, there a few things that I really hope to see in the programme;

1. the hardships that the club is under in order to function from day to day

2. the passion that the people in charge have for the club and how overworked some of them are

3. me

When Posh did a similar programme a few years back it opened up new avenues for them that attracted the attention of people with deep pockets. Even though the club (and Barry Fry in particular) came across as a bunch of goons they still managed to get people in that allowed them to redevlop the stadium, infrastructure and playing squad. With a buit of luck some of that may come our way even though the programme is only going out regional to begin with
well it certainly illustrated 1 @2, could have been done much better,without all the language (i swear like a trooper) it did not do enough to attract parents into taking the kids, to me ya gotta lead by example on national TV.
Old 02-10-2008, 22:23   #47
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
good to actually put the record straight about the brentford game.
So with that can we expect a "flood" of apologetic Bees fans????

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 22:26   #48
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpon View Post
So with that can we expect a "flood" of apologetic Bees fans????
hardly likely,they won't have seen it.
Old 02-10-2008, 22:42   #49
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
, could have been done much better,without all the language (i swear like a trooper) it did not do enough to attract parents into taking the kids, to me ya gotta lead by example on national TV.

such is life, such is football....you know what you get when you take children, and lets be fair most children will know more swear words than us tbh

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 16:16   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-P View Post
How long into the program before they show the milk advert.. Any Bets?

I will go for .. 15 seconds
19 seconds - Well done Mr Photo
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 16:23   #51
K-P

Inevitable.. suprised they lasted so long
Old 03-10-2008, 16:26   #52

Having watched the programme and considered my response forsometime, I have to say I am very disappointed, not with Granada and the production company, they have to make "sensational" television, but with the Chairman who seems to have a limited vocabularly (the F word was used too many times). This so called family club will not attract youngsters and families if this is the kind of example set by the man at the top. Another golden opportunity lost to increase the support that Eric so badly wants. The sign on the wall in front of the Family area warns fans about using bad language and even gives the mobile number to ring if you want something done about it.....poor old Mick Shultz must be a very busy man...Coley giving it Fing and Blinding form the dug out and the Chairman giving it Bollocks from the stands.......ah well, that's football
fettler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 17:06   #53
Senior Member+

I too watched the programme last night, and I have to say, I am well disappointed. God help us at the next home game if that is what he thinks of his stewards (quote not worth buttons (or something like that) unquote). I personally thought it showed the club in a poor light and looking at who was there last year, now no Gary (groundsman) no Hazel in the Crown. Too many 'F'ing' swear words from our esteemed chairperson. Personally, I hope the next programme puts us in a better light. BTW yes it was good to see the ref prior to the Barnet game passing the pitch fit. Pity it won't go networked for a while at least

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 17:16   #54
God Member

I watched the programme, I dont think Accrington Stanley was shown in a bad light, and it cleared up a couple of misunderstandings, the only thing it showed in a bad light was Eric (the owner), it made him seem like an arrogant, money grabbing egomaniac, If you proffess to want more support locally, and especially from the kids, you cant go around berating and swearing at people the way Eric did.
Old 03-10-2008, 17:33   #55
Give, give, give member

Personally I would have liked to have seen more of Stanley's loyal fans.

Players, managers, and indeed owners, come and go, but the people that file through the turnstiles week in, week out, season after season, are the one constant presence at the club.

I too thought Mr. Whalley's language was more than a bit rich, and his comment that he wouldn't pay the stewards with washers, would have had me spitting feathers if I was one of those apparently undervalued volunteers.

Great to spot a few familiar faces, though Harwood Red's bright yellow coat made her an easy target.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 17:59   #56
K-P

Its a series... first part featured on the chairman.. second part will feature on summat else.. one of the parts will feature on the fans...

The stewards get paid.. (I must be one of the few left who works matchdays and doesnt get paid by the club oh hum)

Whats the point in eric not swearing. the documentary would be a sham if everyone acted differently than they do in real life.
Old 03-10-2008, 18:57   #57
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-P View Post
Its a series... first part featured on the chairman.. second part will feature on summat else.. one of the parts will feature on the fans...
Cheers. It did leave me thinking this would have made a good series.

How many washers do the sterwards get paid?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 20:04   #58

some games not even washers so my mate ex steward told me
accy2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 20:10   #59

I started watching it and couldn't believe how difficult it must be just staying afloat let alone playing League football at a decent standard, John Coleman should be knighted for keeping you there,
your chairman reminded me of Ozzy Osbourne but you can't knock his enthusiasm and it's pretty obvious he's Stanley mad,
Tinpot NO, definately a club punching a league above it's weigh on facilities and resources
All I can say is KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
OLDHAMADE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 20:53   #60
Member.

I don’t know if there would be much point in making a series if all involved where walking round being something their not. The program starting with Eric is logical, he owns the club, who the hell else would you start with, and other key players got an introduction which makes me think the program will be well laid out and fair.

Eric’s language was “as is” wasn’t it? Why be something your not, be true to yourself in the media and the bastards can’t set you up. Personally I really enjoyed it, listening to Eric took me back years to an Accrington I remember, I could close my eyes and be anywhere in accy. Good lad Eric, no bull****….even Joyce enjoyed it.

I’m looking forward to the rest of it and I hope they do a DVD release, but why Stuart Hall as a commentator? Apart from that bloody milk advert he was the only bit of tat in it….

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..