Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-09-2008, 21:19   #1
God Member

Accrington Stanley - Exactly

That is the name of the Granada documentary that we all know they have been filming for the past year...

well it finally hits our screens next Thursday 10.40pm on ITV1 but in the Granada area only

I am looking forward to it but also disappointed at the same time. From the start during regular contact with Granada they have labelled it as a documentary about the club but with a major focus on the fans that follow the club..

So has anyone been interviewed by them from here or aware of any interviews..they said they wanted to film the exhibition but didn't make the launch or filmed during the exhibition!!

So I am praying that they have got a fair view of the club which I know should show the good and bad but hopefully isn't shown to make us all seem like a joke!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-09-2008, 21:24   #2
God Member

Re: Accrington Stanley - Exactly

will there be a dvd because, i move up scotland on sunday and will miss it..
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2008, 21:26   #3
God Member

who knows, I doubt the club would be able to sell it as the ownership will remain with Granada, but I know if it proves popular in the Granada area they are trying to get it shown on ITV3 which will be national on freeview/digital

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2008, 23:01   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
....they said they wanted to film the exhibition but didn't make the launch or filmed during the exhibition!!
or presentation night
Old 26-09-2008, 00:39   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
will there be a dvd because, i move up scotland on sunday and will miss it..
do you have sky?
if you have you can get it will tell tell you how tomoz bit teared now

by Site Admin
chrismuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2008, 08:57   #6

Thanks harwood red for letting us know,i didnt even know they were making one.can't wait to see it,thanks again.

ACCY TILL I DIE...
afrikaaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2008, 13:36   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

cheers red, please re-post on thursday though, so that half wits like me remember. ta.
Old 26-09-2008, 14:19   #8
God Member

Oh shucks

Thanks for the warning HR LOL!!! Looking forward to what they put together even tho they soon missed the big exhibition off the cut despite the opportunity.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2008, 14:26   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post

I am looking forward to it but also disappointed at the same time. From the start during regular contact with Granada they have labelled it as a documentary about the club but with a major focus on the fans that follow the club..
they spoke and met with the ultras quite a few times, although they wanted to come and film a minibus which we refused... just hope its not like the peterborough one which made their club look like a farce
Old 26-09-2008, 14:26   #10

Thumbs up Re: Accrington Stanley - Exactly

thanks for that 2 cant wait
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2008, 14:28   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Timmins View Post
they spoke and met with the ultras quite a few times, although they wanted to come and film a minibus which we refused... just hope its not like the peterborough one which made their club look like a farce
So no behind the scenes of the ultras then

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2008, 15:15   #12
God Member

the OSC met and spoke with the researchers on many occasions and they did film quite a bit of what we did and attended a couple of meetings including one for the Exhibition, but most of us felt that it was disappointing that they never came to the Exhibition itself or even the presentation night. Whatever people think of Supporters Clubs at ours or any one elses club they are an integral part of the club and it would have been nice to have got a bit more footage of the efforts that go into certain things.

The camera crew did turn up to the Presentation evening but were way too late to have filmed anything, we got a call asking if we could delay the start from 8pm until 9pm as they were on their way - but with many people (mostly players) wanting to get the awards over and done with so they could get away there was no way we could have delayed any further. Oh well - opportunity missed but its not the end of the world.
Old 26-09-2008, 15:29   #13
Senior Member+

I'd be surprised if everyone doesn't turn out looking like Northern muppets anyway. It's the way these types of ITV 'documentaries' tend to work.
Old 26-09-2008, 15:45   #14
K-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
I'd be surprised if everyone doesn't turn out looking like Northern muppets anyway. It's the way these types of ITV 'documentaries' tend to work.
cringeworthy... Will be watching it from behind the sofa.

Thank god theres no confguide to see this...
Old 26-09-2008, 17:03   #15
Senior Member+

They had no real idea what they wanted but "staging" things seemed to be top of their list.... Never thought we could really get the spirit over of our group so we just avoided doing owt

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..