Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2005, 11:56   #1
Resting in Peace

Accrington Stanley Golly Badge

Do you fancy a Accrington Stanley Badge then look in buy sell and swop section
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stanley.jpg (33.1 KB, 36 views)

Last edited by Mick; 05-02-2005 at 11:57.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-02-2005, 12:03   #2
God Member

Re: Accrington Stanley Golly Badge

I should think most people have one by now mick.. given that you can buy them all day long on ebay for less than 2 quid or any badge seller on match days
Old 05-02-2005, 12:24   #3

whos is the badge seller on match days though???
Old 05-02-2005, 12:31   #4
God Member

I meant any badge seller you see... they are usually only found on match days... But the club frown on them and try to discourage them as it isn't official accy merchandise
Old 05-02-2005, 12:38   #5

OK i remeber one bloke stood at top of steps leading from crown pub selling them once but i think he only ever comes if there is a big game eg Tv camera or F.A cup
Old 05-02-2005, 12:53   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven
OK i remeber one bloke stood at top of steps leading from crown pub selling them once but i think he only ever comes if there is a big game eg Tv camera or F.A cup
Its not just the badge seller that only comes when there is a big game of FA Cup....

If I had a pound for every time somebody says "I went to Stanley last year when t'had that run in t'Cup!"

part time weirdos! (or are we weird for following home & away....................)

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 13:08   #7

The worst example I recall of `fair weather fans` was when Stanley played Crewe in the FA Cup at Ewood in front of 11.000 + fans and the next home game against Mossley was attended by around 400 fans! The badges are not exactly PC are they..?
qualtrough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 13:19   #8
God Member

nothing wrong with fairwether fans.. club cant progress without them and they should be welcomed with open arms and not scorned... IMHO

In fact every person who walks through the turnstile and hands over a tenner to the club should be welcomed.

Last edited by KIPAX; 05-02-2005 at 13:21.
KIPAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 15:08   #9

Talking Re: Accrington Stanley Golly Badge

Well the Crewe game was my first ever Stanley game and I had been just 'looking out' for their results before that and I was so impressed, it made me go back to the Crown and see em, I think it was against Fleetwood Town shortly after - seem to remember a 3-1 win - since then I cant get enough of the place...

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 18:22   #10

No one, least of all me, is suggesting `scorning` (definition: treating with hot or extreme contempt) any fans. Of course all should be encouraged and welcomed. The fact remains that, allowing for 4,000 or so Crewe fans at the Ewood game and those who attend now, there are between four and five thousand `fans` out there somewhere who don't come along to games at all.
Old 05-02-2005, 22:25   #11

Thumbs up Re: Accrington Stanley Golly Badge

True but youve got to admit - there were a lot of Blackburn and Burnley fans there.. a lot...

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 01:09   #12
Senior Member+

Look well wearing a golly badge and a wrist band bit contradictory.Robertsons jam banned them for a racist reason....
Old 06-02-2005, 09:23   #13

Good point, Jimbo....maybe they were all Blackburn fans. Still got a feeling though (or maybe it's day-dreaming) that there are `lost` fans out there. Re the badges though: I don't know their history but I would suggest they be withdrawn from sale now for obvious reasons.
Old 07-02-2005, 10:23   #14
God Member

The badges are not racist but making an issue out of them maybe is!!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 11:11   #15

Re "fairweather fans". Kipax is right. We should welcome ALL fans, full and part time otherwise how are we ever going to increase our numbers?
We all remember our first time and it's how we are treated then that makes us come back for more.
I appreciate that there are some people who want to be recognised as long serving loyal Stanley fans and maybe the Ultras could come up with some way to recognise this and give the newer fans something to aim for e.g. a loyalty scheme/awards etc.
Of course, unless your name is Jack Barrett, then no matter how long you've been with Stanley there's probably someone who's been a fan longer so lets be proud of every single one of our fans and encourage even more to join us.
Alice is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..