Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2012, 01:11   #421
Full Member+

Re: Accrington Stanley Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
we have 22 signed up already and those two additions make 24.
I've heard that a few of our " homegrown " may get loan moves in the coming weeks....and NO...i'm not willing to say from who or where I've heard said information.....

All I will say.....It makes sense if those young lads aren't going to be appearing in the first team squad...for them to go and get some game time where they will be playing first team football !!!

My only concern.....and I hate to be the "harbinger of doom" nor the negative voice of reason.....Alan Hansen once said " You can't win now't with kids"....

He was talking Premier League about Man United's "golden era generation"...They (that set of kids and golden generation of footballers) suprised all the pundits!!! They were GREAT WORLD CLASS PLAYERS !!! League Two is a different place. Bookies don't give money away....Our odds reflect their opinion ( and the general opinion ) of our chances....

We confounded the odds season upon season under Coley...Long may that continue under Cooky.....I'll settle for mid table to lower top half this term....IF we manage to tie up our better performers from this coming season for next season (2013-14) on longer term deals...

We used to be happy with avoiding relegation from league 2.....Coley always somehow managed to confound the "critics" (for that read pundits / bookies . experts ) Let's not lose sight of the fact that, given our attendances & resources we'll always be bookies favourites for the drop !!! Cooky is sowing the seeds to hopefully kick us on "progression wise"....

I'm not expecting miracles....If they happen....great...but my great hope is that if we do perform this season....the board have the sense to tie the young performers down to proper "long term deals"...meaning that when the eventual happens and they go onto bigger and better things....we as a club...get compensated accordingly.....

Crewe Alex have just got nearly 6 Million (in total) for a 19 year old !!! I'm not saying we'll get anywhere near that for one of our lads. But if we are about to enter an era of giving young lads a chance to prove themselves at this club... I hope the Board are prepared to back the manager and fight to get the best deal for the club....As a well known manager once said before....it's not the size of the dog ( the club ) but the fight within it!!!

I might have a sneaky couple of quid each way for us to get in the mix this season....(more in hope than expectation) though I still think that some experienced heads may change the equation....Warner ( rumoured to be signing ) ...does anyone know what is / or has happened to Bryan Hughes??? A quality forward ( with years and nous ) and an experienced Centre Half (of similiar experience ) and suddenly we've experience down the spine....

I'm looking forward to this season......My wish is for a relatively safe season ( no flirting with relegation ) and to do Rochdale twice !!!! I haven't forgiven Coleman for the " be careful what you wish for " comment....to me...it was if he now thinks he's bigger than us....fact remains....they're now League 2 and on a par....I hope we trounce 'Dale twice just to rub his nose in the mire.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-08-2012, 09:11   #422
Full Member+

Luke Joyce is the oldest outfield player that we have .... he turned 25 last month.

I'd much rather have a team of youngsters trying their best to 'put themselves in the window' than a seasoned pro on his way down the leagues at the end of his career, but we all saw the difference that Bryan Hughes made when he joined. That's my only concern with this unexpectedly large squad of players.
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:34   #423
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalley Red View Post
Luke Joyce is the oldest outfield player that we have .... he turned 25 last month.
He aint.........Leam is registered.
Old 07-08-2012, 20:55   #424
Super Moderator

Cashy, ur forgetting ur favourite player, our 2nd longest server; our no 1 custodian; the legend that is Bavo!!! He's by far the oldest around until we sign his mate on a season loan!!
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 20:59   #425
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
Cashy, ur forgetting ur favourite player, our 2nd longest server; our no 1 custodian; the legend that is Bavo!!! He's by far the oldest around until we sign his mate on a season loan!!
Nah i wasn't,Whalley Red stated outfield player, Though he's been on as sub in that respect, Can't class him as one.
Old 08-08-2012, 14:00   #426

Tony Warner playing for Southend tonight vs Millwall.
Old 08-08-2012, 14:28   #427
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourth official View Post
Tony Warner playing for Southend tonight vs Millwall.
Damn that don't look good. Looks like its a dosh thing.

Last edited by cashman; 08-08-2012 at 14:32.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 14:37   #428

Agree with your thoughts Cashy - and you can bet he'll give them shrimpers a heads up on Stanley if they sign him up.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 14:52   #429
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
That looks very doubtful to me now.
Old 10-08-2012, 18:17   #430
Resting in Peace

Who's this keeper you've told the Dale fans we are about to sign, Macca?
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 18:32   #431
Senior Member+

Iain Turner..............

Cant see it, but maybe !
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 22:23   #432
God Member

twas in Th'Observer Redraine, quoted cooky as saying summat along the lines of "he was here, we couldn't agree terms, he went, now he's back" (very loosely along those lines). The paper is now pass the parcel fodder or else I'd quote it properly
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 22:55   #433
Senior Member+

Apparently he was class when training at acci
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:29   #434
Senior Member+

certainly a quality cv....fingers crossed
Old 11-08-2012, 07:21   #435
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
twas in Th'Observer Redraine, quoted cooky as saying summat along the lines of "he was here, we couldn't agree terms, he went, now he's back" (very loosely along those lines). The paper is now pass the parcel fodder or else I'd quote it properly
Link: Cook promises goals as new season gets underway | Accrington Observer - menmedia.co.uk
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..