Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-08-2012, 16:51   #451
Senior Member+

Re: Accrington Stanley Squad

Good luck Marcus, no doubt for me the lad has what it takes.

Just bang in a few goals for them and come back here sharp
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-08-2012, 18:38   #452
God Member

From my perspective nothing better than home grown players and that's what makes the COE/Academy so worthwhile, no doubt Marcus will benefit from a run of games and has the talent to break into the first team given time.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2012, 21:39   #453
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Seems James Gray converted a penalty tonight fer N.I. under 21s, according to fishy. plus played the 90mins.
Old 29-08-2012, 11:52   #454

BBC Sport - Clarke Carlisle reveals anxiety of waiting for clubs to call

Experienced head at the back worth a punt ?
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2012, 14:30   #455
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
I was wondering if we were one of the clubs who had made an offer that he chose to decline. I'm afraid I have little sympathy for the players who are still expecting a huge payday long after their sell-by date.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2012, 14:33   #456
God Member

Owen, Heskey and Vassell on a week to week contract - no wages, just a shop window for them to put themselves into for a better job.
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2012, 14:34   #457
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
I was wondering if we were one of the clubs who had made an offer that he chose to decline. I'm afraid I have little sympathy for the players who are still expecting a huge payday long after their sell-by date.
If that was the case, Then don't need people like that,in my view. If not the case then perhaps worth a look.?
Old 29-08-2012, 14:45   #458
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
If that was the case, Then don't need people like that,in my view. If not the case then perhaps worth a look.?
This is what he said:

I had one or two contract offers earlier this summer but turned them down. At the age of 32 and with media opportunities beginning to come my way, I was thinking of retiring.

Ultimately, and especially watching the opening weekend of the season and knowing I'm still very much able to play a good standard of football, I regretted that decision. I got back in touch with the clubs but, having declined their offers in the first place, I learned they had made other plans.

The two offers I received were 80-90% less than what I earned last season but, given how I feel now, I would have taken that.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2012, 15:22   #459
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
This is what he said:

I had one or two contract offers earlier this summer but turned them down. At the age of 32 and with media opportunities beginning to come my way, I was thinking of retiring.

Ultimately, and especially watching the opening weekend of the season and knowing I'm still very much able to play a good standard of football, I regretted that decision. I got back in touch with the clubs but, having declined their offers in the first place, I learned they had made other plans.

The two offers I received were 80-90% less than what I earned last season but, given how I feel now, I would have taken that.
I know i read it, makes me wonder if he thought the grass was greener in media, n it aint working out? His last comment re-enforces that thought to me. Its how he feels now,
Old 29-08-2012, 15:37   #460
God Member

sounds like us and Macclesfield, "80-90% less than what I was on" rather than 80 or 90% of what I was on. If he was on five grand then he was offered £500-£1000 ... He's supposedly a clever guy so won't have made an error I shouldn't think
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2012, 11:05   #461

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
Gone to York
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2012, 11:33   #462
Senior Member+

Stockdale gone................. To Uni !!!
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2012, 12:12   #463

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Stockdale gone................. To Uni !!!
Should free up a bit of budget,for those one or two high profile signings,next week !!!!
Old 30-08-2012, 12:16   #464
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourth official View Post
Should free up a bit of budget,for those one or two high profile signings,next week !!!!
Should be able to bring Rooney & Ronaldo in now, and still have change to build a new ground.

Well done to young Adam for making the decision, make sure your qualified the football can come later
Old 30-08-2012, 13:41   #465
Senior Member+

A lad at blackburn made a similar decision and after college is now playing in premier league . Any guesses ? Lol ,
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..