Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2012, 23:32   #481

Re: Accrington Stanley Squad

Got a feeling that this team is going to be something special. Please give them all a 2 year deal and stop the annual exodus of players who have done well leaving on a free. This team will be cherry picked come January if we are not careful.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-09-2012, 15:50   #482
Senior Member+

Anthony Elding wants to leave Grimsby, Possibly high wages but experienced...
Old 03-09-2012, 16:46   #483
God Member

Liam Dickinson is equally experienced, equally money grabby (normally) but is less of an all round gypo. Being without a club at present would probably mean he comes a bit cheaper than normal.

Do we need another striker?
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 17:14   #484
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I would think we do need 1 more striker, the loan lad we may not have full season?
Old 03-09-2012, 19:24   #485
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I would think we do need 1 more striker, the loan lad we may not have full season?
Any more strikers would have to be a loan anyway, unless they are unattached... ie Michael Owen
Old 03-09-2012, 19:46   #486
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Liam Dickinson is equally experienced, equally money grabby (normally) but is less of an all round gypo. Being without a club at present would probably mean he comes a bit cheaper than normal.

Do we need another striker?
Liam Dickinson is not an all round gypo he's an all round dickhead and it would be a very sad day if he were to arrive at The Crown. Disruptive and egotistical...never in a million years!
Old 04-09-2012, 00:19   #487
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by smobile View Post
Got a feeling that this team is going to be something special. Please give them all a 2 year deal and stop the annual exodus of players who have done well leaving on a free. This team will be cherry picked come January if we are not careful.
Quality post....for that re-arrange nail,head,bang,hit,the,on...the!!!

I'd hope that the powers that be realize that.... if these young and hungry lads carry on performing, we're gonna have a main stand full of scouts and potential suitors before long......

As Smobile has said.....personally I'd give it to the end of October and start throwing new "longer term" contracts with improved conditions in front of the star performers.

And " IF " we do end up selling one of the better prospects, let's hope somebody has a bit more "nouse" when it comes to negotiating a deal for one of these lads.

For that....... read the terms of the Bobby Grant deal.....For me...he went to the wrong club ( I feel if we'd have held on a little longer...he'd have gone to a much bigger club for better money,terms and conditions) and we got well and truly stitched up on that one.....

I mean "X amount if Scunthorpe get promoted" and "X% of whatever profit Scunthorpe make on the original deal"....Unless Coleman has paid a club record Dale fee for Grant, then I don't expect this deal to be putting any more funds into the coffers.

As the Grant to 'Dale transfer goes...being another "undisclosed" I suppose we'll never know if we actually made anything further.

I know we'll always be a "selling club" and until gates improve dramatically ...finances probably dictate we sell to balance books....but to me there's a difference between "balancing books" and getting stitched up as far as fees received for our better players are concerned.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.

Last edited by carpon; 04-09-2012 at 00:22. Reason: typo!!
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:12   #488
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpon View Post

I know we'll always be a "selling club" and until gates improve dramatically ...finances probably dictate we sell to balance books....but to me there's a difference between "balancing books" and getting stitched up as far as fees received for our better players are concerned.
Bingo, yeh speaking my language carpon.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:50   #489
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Good luck Tom Accrington Stanley loan Eckersley to Stockport (From Lancashire Telegraph)
Old 14-01-2013, 22:05   #490
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Leams first game in charge against Bristol Rovers
Stanley: Dunbavin, Winnard, Murphy, Atkinson, Liddle, Miller, Joyce, Boco, Hatfield (Osawe 59), Molyneux (Dison 90), Amond (Sampson 90)
Subs not used: Dawber, Lindfield, Nsiala, Mingoia.............................. And saturday against Aldershot..Stanley: Belford, Hunt, Winnard, Murphy, Wilson, Hatfield, Miller, Joyce, Molyneux, Boco, Beattie

Subs: Liddle, Lindfield, Barnett, Clark, Dixon, Carver, Dawber.
yonmon likes this.
Old 15-01-2013, 01:25   #491
Resting in Peace

Question Re: Accrington Stanley Squad

And your point is, Mab?
baldy and smobile like this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 10:07   #492
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
And your point is, Mab?
I LIKE it anyway !!.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 10:44   #493
Resting in Peace

Question Re: Accrington Stanley Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
I LIKE it anyway !!.
I must be missing something. What's to like?
Old 15-01-2013, 17:58   #494
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
I must be missing something. What's to like?
That certain je ne sais quoi that Mab always injects into his posts !
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 18:08   #495
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
That certain je ne sais quoi that Mab always injects into his posts !
Well I don't know what he means either!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..