Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-05-2012, 17:57   #106

Re: Accrington Stanley Squad

He appears to have played in defense, and attack, but we have him as a midfielder.

Bohan Dixon - 08/09 - Welsh Premiership Football League

Pitmen Win Race for Dixon | Pitchero Non League

A multitasker
johnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-05-2012, 17:58   #107
God Member

I'm glad that the experience of taking on two amateur hopefuls last term which didn't work out (Guthrie and Taylor) hasn't scared us off that talent pool. With those experiences still fresh in the memory, we may even be more well equipped to bring on a talent from such a background. The biggest challenge is often personal with the player, who has to adapt his lifestyle to that of a professional sportsman. There's little a club can do to teach a particular mentality, so that side of it is down to the player himself. I'm looking forward to seeing Dixon play. He seems to have a lot of good attributes to bring to the table. I hope he comes good.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2012, 18:05   #108
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
I'm glad that the experience of taking on two amateur hopefuls last term which didn't work out (Guthrie and Taylor) hasn't scared us off that talent pool. With those experiences still fresh in the memory, we may even be more well equipped to bring on a talent from such a background. The biggest challenge is often personal with the player, who has to adapt his lifestyle to that of a professional sportsman. There's little a club can do to teach a particular mentality, so that side of it is down to the player himself. I'm looking forward to seeing Dixon play. He seems to have a lot of good attributes to bring to the table. I hope he comes good.
Well its a different management team now aint it.
Old 29-05-2012, 18:16   #109
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well its a different management team now aint it.
Indeed, but Guthrie was managed by Cook for just as long as he was by Coleman and the current manager was the one that had to tell him his services were not needed. With that in mind, I don't think we have to worry about the risk, as Cook will be well aware of it.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2012, 18:54   #110
Senior Member+

Personally I think young Taylor was good enough last season. Of the three appearances he made he lookes easily as good as if not better than Micah Evans.

Maybe it was a case of face didnt fit in his case, hopefully that wont be an issue in this case.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2012, 20:00   #111
God Member

Come on Smudgie, on current form my Grandad is a better footballer than Micah Evans, and he's been dead for 20 years.
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2012, 20:30   #112
Senior Member+

Probably nowhere near his wage demands but Gary Roberts has been released by Huddersfield...We can dream!
Old 29-05-2012, 20:38   #113
Senior Member+

That's rather surprising Baldy, he has been there player of the year the last two season's.

Bet he is gutted.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2012, 20:41   #114
Senior Member+

Obviously not in the new manager, Simon Graysons plans!
Old 29-05-2012, 21:15   #115
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Personally I think young Taylor was good enough last season. Of the three appearances he made he lookes easily as good as if not better than Micah Evans.
Agree entirely. If I remember rightly, he was MoM in one game although he didn't come on until the second half was well underway.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2012, 22:29   #116
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Agree entirely. If I remember rightly, he was MoM in one game although he didn't come on until the second half was well underway.
Agreed. Could never understand why we didn't persevere with him.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2012, 08:28   #117
Senior Member+

Quote:
Indeed, but Guthrie was managed by Cook for just as long as he was by Coleman and the current manager was the one that had to tell him his services were not needed. With that in mind, I don't think we have to worry about the risk, as Cook will be well aware of it.
I think the case with Kurtis Guthrie was his attitude which led to him being released. Leam and PC had offered to assist him in his development as he wasn't the finished article, but he snubbed them both I believe. So taking Bohan on is a risk, yes, but one that can benefit the club in the long term.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2012, 08:38   #118
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Would have been unfair by any new people not to give all the players chance to demonstrate commitment,in my view, So Cooky obviously gave the lad a chance that wasn't taken, not rocket science shaker.
Old 30-05-2012, 09:03   #119
God Member

According to the tame Huddersfield fan at work they've released Garry Roberts.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2012, 09:14   #120
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
According to the tame Huddersfield fan ....
Is that not a contradiction in terms?
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..