Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2011, 18:37   #1

Accy £50 Clubhouse Appeal.

If anyone from the Club is reading this message I kindly advise you to withdraw from charging supporters ANYTHING for drinking in the Sports Bar. Yes it is a nice little club with friendly staff but the questions what need considering to warrant the extra charge are..... 1, Is the beer better than the local pubs around? NO. 2, Is the beer cheaper than the local pubs around? NO. 3, Is there plenty of space to enjoy a half time drink etc with quick service? NO. Personally I drink in there to put a few quid over the bar to help the club. Im sure that anyone wanting a half time beer with a charge will now wait till full time and have a beer elsewhere. Please rethink this for the good of the club, this will cost money not save it.
pjlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-04-2011, 23:15   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Accy £50 Clubhouse Appeal.

I have today talked to a mate of mine , Who said " they will NOT be paying £50 to enter the clubhouse !!! More lost income .Forget the admission charge NOW !
david1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 23:35   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by david1 View Post
I have today talked to a mate of mine , Who said " they will NOT be paying £50 to enter the clubhouse !!! More lost income .Forget the admission charge NOW !
Five of us S/T holders tend to go in Clubhouse, & have 2 drinks before, one at half time, plus the occasional pie (total expenditure approx 45/50 quid, times this by 20/23 games), we will NOT be paying 50 quid for the privilege of going in at half time, as we can get our pre-match drinks elsewhere, & only have to forgo the half time tipple.
Please, directors/decision makers, go figure!
Work out the maths, & if I am wrong, show me how you think this will not affect bottom line profits from the bar!
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 23:56   #4
Senior Member+

Can someone tell me , how they at Accy Stanley are going to police this ? they are going to have to put 2 extra people on the doors , but yet still allow people too go to the loo at half time . As there is a DRASTIC SHORTAGE of them on the ground ??? And most arnt working !!!

Last edited by david1; 12-04-2011 at 23:58.
Old 13-04-2011, 00:11   #5
Senior Member+

If MrT reads this , That club will be M/T
Old 13-04-2011, 05:05   #6
I am Banned

never paid to enter any social club for adrink in my life,and dont intent to start now,they can shove the 50 pounds fee up their ar*e,i wil spend it in the crown or the grey horse
alan7554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2011, 05:12   #7
God Member

The longer the Club wait to put out a statement on this particular subject the worse it becomes

There appears to be no valid reason?

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2011, 07:10   #8

ten of us S/T holders go in Clubhouse none are going to pay so we have decided to go the greyhound so THANK YOU STANLEY !!!
Mark baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2011, 07:33   #9
God Member

Where did this story come from?
Any chance it started on the first day of this month?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2011, 07:49   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Where did this story come from?
Any chance it started on the first day of this month?
It's in the season ticket brochure
Old 13-04-2011, 07:56   #11
Super Moderator

GET EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
The match day experience usually involves a pie and
a pint so why not enjoy the day by grabbing the
early game on the big screen whilst soaking up the
atmosphere in our exclusive lounge.
Seasonal access to the matchday lounge will be just
£50 next year. [email protected]

I reckon that like the similarly ill-thought out all-ticket Oxford match idea, this little wheeze will be dropped before long.
Old 13-04-2011, 08:28   #12
Resting in Peace

Not being a Stanley fan myself, I don't know the people who's names are mentioned on here, by that the people that run the club, but I think the next time I'm in town I will be able to spot them quite easily, they will be the ones walking with a very bad limp, through shooting themselves in the foot.
Old 13-04-2011, 09:54   #13
Full Member+

I won't be paying the £50 either.

A COMMUNITY Club should be welcoming everyone to the Club and making them feel a part of something bigger than just the first-team. Ilyas had a 'vision' for an all-embracing Community Club; this reserves the Club for the Prawn Sandwich Brigade.
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2011, 10:49   #14
I am Banned

i will willingly pay the 50 pounds if there is a clause in that says we get 4 free pints every home game,then again i use to think that the moon was made of swiss cheese
alan7554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2011, 11:12   #15
God Member

last week you HAD to have tickets for the Oxford tie, this week you can pay on the gate. It would suggest to me that the club have realised a mistake was made and taken steps to rectify it. I would imagine this will quickly follow suit. Unless they can guarantee that they will 'sell out' the lounge packages every week then this is the stupidest idea they have ever come up with.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..