Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-05-2007, 13:17   #1
God Member

Accy Carnival float

Right we have until tuesday morning to decide if we are doing a float for the carnival.

We have a wagon sorted but it needs confirming or cancelling before tuesday. The original plan was that the OSC were gonna do the stall at the field and The Ultras were gonna do the float. But I haven't been able to get hold of Jase so nobody seems to know whether it will happen or not, and if it is, what is happening.

So we need a contingency, does the Stanley side of Accy web want to run the float. We have a couple of ballpark ideas to play around with but get a few of you together and come up with your own ideas if you wish.

STANLEY HAS TO BE REPRESENTED AT THE CARNIVAL!

You all now have a chance to get involved and parade yourselves in front of Accy as Stanley Supporters.

It will take up your saturday morning on the 16th June, but after that the day is your own. And we will prob have the pub crawl afterwards.

Those who had offered or were planning on being involved with the stall can do both still but I need at least a couple of volunteers with me to help set it up, everybody else can their ugly mugs on all the pictures.

Who is in?
Old 26-05-2007, 13:31   #2

Re: Accy Carnival float

Well I am free that day, but what is it you want doing? I can help but dont have any idea of me own!
Kisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2007, 13:32   #3
God Member

Same as kisser But don't fancy being on the float, I will just stay on the stall

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2007, 13:33   #4

I wouldnt mind being on the float!!!
Old 26-05-2007, 15:15   #5
Member.

I'll not comment on the last two post for fear of Retribution. There's not alot I can offer, I will be over on the day and I'll make sure I'm kitted up, I've sent a pm re the other thing.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2007, 15:22   #6
God Member

we need some bodies to put on the float and we need somebody to dress the float with whatever and even just wave flags.

we just need to be there in the parade.
Old 26-05-2007, 16:15   #7
God Member

why dont you get celtic cross doing cart on stanley live on back of the float and make your theme rock n roll or sumthin like that make sure yuove got plenty of osc applications throw them out to the crowd with free sweetys or rock with one having the chance of winning a free years membership cause an interest
Old 26-05-2007, 17:21   #8
God Member

so are you volunteering then Banana man or have you something on that day?
Old 26-05-2007, 18:49   #9

I hope you get voted the best float for the work that go,s in to it good luck to you all
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2007, 19:03   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
so are you volunteering then Banana man or have you something on that day?
checking my diary
Old 26-05-2007, 19:07   #11

Macca... I am more than impressed with your energy however i feel the club should be offering support as well.

It's essential Stanley are on the parade but it needs everybody to move quickly here and that includes the club.

Will the club get Surridge's to donate some give aways Tees/footballs etc after all they are only up the road and the carnival is a community project ?? come on Rob or anybody at the club Get involved this is TOP public relations.

I cant donate the time as i'm unavailable but am more than happy to send up a few boxes of sweets.

Good luck in this great venture.
Give us the old gree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2007, 10:33   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
we need some bodies to put on the float and we need somebody to dress the float with whatever and even just wave flags.
Well I am up for the Macca, and I will see if my friend fancies joining me too!
Old 28-05-2007, 15:12   #13
Senior Member+

Sorry Macca mate, just got back from Oz and found out I am on duty that particular day, what a bummer, If I can do anything prior, just PM me.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2007, 16:34   #14

Do you know what time the procession starts bud?

Count me in for a helping hand, will have to be 10:30 ish though as I have Layla on sat morns.
spud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2007, 16:36   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
Do you know what time the procession starts bud?

Count me in for a helping hand, will have to be 10:30 ish though as I have Layla on sat morns.
Taken from Lions site

Procession Route:
Floats, etc. assembled at the Globe Centre Car Park, off Scaitcliffe Street from 8am.
Walking participants assembled on the 'NHS East Lancashire Public Health Network' car park on the corner of Eagle Street and Paradise Street
Judging will take place from 9.45am.
Starting off at 10.45am the procession travelled down Eagle Street to Blackburn Road.
Along Blackburn Road, past the Town Hall and up Little Blackburn Road to the traffic lights.
Turned left at the Lights into Abbey Street, past the Post Office.
Along Whalley Road to the traffic lights at the junction of Queens Road.
Turned Right along Queens Road to the junction with Thorneyholme Road.
Floats turned into Thorneyholme Road for dispersal.

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..