Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2008, 19:37   #1
God Member

Question Accy Players Gone Non-league

Can Anybody Out There Please Tell Me Why The Likes Of Andy Mangan Has Gone To Forest Green? , Andy Todd To Eastwood Town? And David Brown Gone To Barrow????

Anybody Please??????
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-10-2008, 19:43   #2
God Member

Re: Accy Players Gone Non-league

Thats easy. They were offered contracts.
Old 06-10-2008, 19:53   #3
God Member

Smile Re: Accy Players Gone Non-league

Thats Fair Enough But I Thought Mangan Was Alright In His Loan Spell At The End Of Last Season And I Would Have Liked To See Him Stay,unless That Stupid Betting/match Fixing Thing Had Something To Do With It???
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 19:56   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Thats Fair Enough But I Thought Mangan Was Alright In His Loan Spell At The End Of Last Season And I Would Have Liked To See Him Stay,unless That Stupid Betting/match Fixing Thing Had Something To Do With It???

Given that he has now been rejected by 2 division 2 teams I think that speaks for itself to be honest.
Old 06-10-2008, 21:15   #5

Andy mangan to non league is probably justifiable,but toddy and browny i believe are still good enough for the league.I think toddy has lost a lot of confidence,he used to be pretty good,and browny never really got a chance of a long run in the accY first team.good luck to all three of them.

ACCY TILL I DIE...:hotho thot
afrikaaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 06:09   #6
Senior Member+

It's pretty easy really. With a club of Stanley's size and resources, the majority of the players we have are really of non-league standard and ability. Apart from the few we manage to sell on (Craney, Roberts, etc), the rest would struggle to make the grade at league level.

For example, only two of last season's released players went on to play league football and looking at the Chester line-up for Saturday, Harris was on the bench and Mannix wasn't in the squad.

I'm not rubbishing the players or the club, we do amazingly with what we have. However, it's not that hard to work out why so few of our players find regular football at other league clubs.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:23   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
It's pretty easy really. With a club of Stanley's size and resources, the majority of the players we have are really of non-league standard and ability. Apart from the few we manage to sell on (Craney, Roberts, etc), the rest would struggle to make the grade at league level.

For example, only two of last season's released players went on to play league football and looking at the Chester line-up for Saturday, Harris was on the bench and Mannix wasn't in the squad.

I'm not rubbishing the players or the club, we do amazingly with what we have. However, it's not that hard to work out why so few of our players find regular football at other league clubs.
words of wisdom T.M. bang on summary.
Old 07-10-2008, 16:40   #8

yes ok summary tin ?
ddevil2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 20:37   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post

And I really don't like critcising our players either T-M but I overheard a rather well-heeled gentleman sitting near to me in the Home Director's Box (I wasn't in there, but near enough to eavesdrop!) describing our current Team thus :- 'They are nothing but a mixture of 'Who's that's ?' and 'Has-beens'.'.
I don't know how near the mark this statement is, but it is true that in spite of their varying degrees of skills and attitudes, these are the players on whom the success of Accrington Stanley depends, and the standard of Football which they produce is all we can really expect to see at the FES !.
Kenny Arthur say's in tonights 'Telegraph' that no one needs to worry about the current spate of lost matches,
I only hope that his assessment of our team is a real one, and that his predictions turn out to be just as
accurate!.
The Red's do seem to be able to always cut a reasonable looking suit from a limited quality of cloth, let's hope that they continue to weild the scissors and
draw the needles to maintain this standard !. (Just put that little analogy in for you T-M!!!).

'ON STANLEY !!....ON !!!)

O
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 16:56   #10
Senior Member+

theres something your all missing.
It shows 2 things.

1. we have a good enough nucleus in the squad that we can bring in non league players hoping they establish themselves and make the step up. But the core of the squad is able to survive at this level (good enough for League 2). This is an important sign for the club as we are not able to go out and purchase proven league 2 and above talent.

2. it give players who are coming st stanley hope that they will get a crack at the football league. They are under no illusion, if you fail you are out. But in return they get to play in the football league and a chance to 'make it'.

I can only see it as a positive we take players out of the non league and take gambles on them improving.
In most cases they seem to be average/poor at league 2 level. I would rather have a player who is motivated to prove himself from the BS north than another journey man like Rogers.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..