Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-02-2007, 17:00   #16

Re: accy vs imps!!

When we played with the ball on the floor we looked very good and a marked improvement on the last 2 home games, i thought in the second half we totally outplayed Lincoln, and unlucky not to win this on just chances alone, we never just seemed to get that bit of luck at all in this game, but credit where credits due we fought hard all afternoon and really should have walked away with all 3 pts, well done lads, they played like they wanted it this afternoon.
Has Harwood Red as already mentioned the ref was well lets just say not on top of his game this afternoon.
I would have settled for a point before the game but dissapointed we didn`t take all 3
Old 24-02-2007, 17:02   #17
Member.

Better play for the most part, keep it up Stanley let's see some of that Stanley style coming through for the next two or three games, consolidate for this season and then march on.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2007, 17:08   #18

Paul Mullin gave his performance of the season today, he was outstanding! Toddy must have been a bit embarassed about picking up the MOM even though he played well, Paul was different class today.

If we can raise our game to the standard seen today for the remainder of the season, there's no way we'll even be contemplating a relegation dogfight.

The Lincoln supporters were happy to escape with a point, particularly after that second half performance.

Fantastic stuff!!!!!!
Paper Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2007, 17:34   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper Boy View Post
Paul Mullin gave his performance of the season today, he was outstanding! Toddy must have been a bit embarassed about picking up the MOM even though he played well, Paul was different class today.

Couldn't agree more, Mullers was outstanding today with bits of flicks, back heels etc. Lead the line well, won his fair share of headers and played the ball around. His take for the second goal was outstanding.

COLIN Todd played well and was full of his usual grit and determination and surely did his chances of player of the year no harm whatsoever. But as good as his goal was it did not warrant MOM.

I thought Boco struggled today to get to grips with anything, never seemed to get the ball down to his feet and it bobbled off him every time he tried to control it.

Phil Edwards had another good game and could have capped it with a Welchy wonder stike beating goal in the 2nd half.

The new keeper - what can I say? Only put one foot wrong in the five minutes he played but kept a clean sheet
Old 24-02-2007, 17:37   #20
Senior Member+

What a match, best one I've seen at the FES for a long time. Referee to picky and missed loads. Second half sounded like the Clayton end and the main stand came together as one - loads of singing. The place was rocking today. I know we went down a place today, but if we play like that till the end of the season, we WILL survive. The players were up for it today, the only downer was Rodgers and Grant looked a mile too slow. Had a great laugh in the clubhouse after when the man of the match went to COLIN Todd??? Andy was absolutely floored by this tee hee. Sparkie, your Dad needs to know who Colin Todd really is, used to play for some rubbish midland team if my memory serves me correct, now I know Andy comes from same area, but please, there was a red face or two in the bar after that.
All in all - for me, only one team in it today except for 2 sloppy pieces of defending, Accy were the only team likely to win. Sean Whalley looks like a useful acquisition too, BTW where's the new keeper from?

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2007, 17:41   #21
God Member

at the moment he's from Casualty department!
Old 24-02-2007, 17:44   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
BTW where's the new keeper from?
www.accringtonstanley.co.uk
Old 24-02-2007, 19:26   #23
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
the only downer was Rodgers and Grant looked a mile too slow.
Why Rodgers? I still think he is our best bet at left back and had a very canny game today. He doesn't sell himself in the tackle like Liam does. OK, he gave the ball away a couple of times but then so did every other Stanley player at times.
Have to agree with you on Tony Grant, though -he's not the kind of player we need for a relegation battle, but a luxury we can't afford at the moment.
Shaun Whalley is a great prospect but needs coaching into the habit of getting to the by line instead of nearly always coming in onto his right foot. He did it only once and Mully should have scored from his cut back.
Uplifting performance all round today. We'll be OK if we have more confidence in taking sharp shooting chances around the box when they present themselves.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2007, 19:38   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Why Rodgers?
Too fat, too slow, positioning terrible, most of passes terrible, set pieces terrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
He doesn't sell himself in the tackle like Liam does
Erm...

You're not the one for me, fatty...

Well done to the rest of the lads, a good point today. Though I think if Harris would've started instead of Doc Proc we'd have been a lot stronger in midfield.
Shaun Whalley - USE YOUR LEFT FOOT!!!
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2007, 19:41   #25
Resting in Peace

[quote=shakermaker;387965]Too fat, too slow, positioning terrible, most of passes terrible, set pieces terrible.

Erm...

Once!
Liam does it all the time.
Old 24-02-2007, 19:42   #26
God Member

But he doesnt get caught like Rogers does
Old 24-02-2007, 19:47   #27
Resting in Peace

How many red cards has he had???
Old 24-02-2007, 19:50   #28
God Member

Hardly any comparison, they havent played anywhere near the same amount of games.
Nevertheless, even if we take away the fact that Rogers is a dirty player, we are still left with an obese full back with no pace or ability to distribute the ball.
Old 24-02-2007, 19:52   #29
Resting in Peace

"Alan Rogers played a great ball forward for Mullin, who slotted in an important equaliser".
From the BBC report - I rest my case and am off to the pub!

<!-- E SF -->
Old 24-02-2007, 19:56   #30
God Member

I'll rest my case with this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Cottier
I am the BBC!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..