Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2005, 19:37   #1
God Member

Accystan.co uk

Hi
As you probably know I am now and have been for a while co-editor of accystan.co.uk, and i have recently read alot of criticism about the site. I would just like to know what improvement could be made as i will then forward them to kev and we will discuss them and hopefully if they are reasonable they will get put into place.

Some people may have seen in the club shop today we have our own set of business cards advertising the site, hopefully this shows most of you the level of commitment we are putting in. Obviously you all have a grudge against kev for reasons out of my control.

But please can we note i have not let the ultras or stanley down and all that i want is YOUR opinion and advice to improving our site. this would be highly appreciated from both me and kev and hopefully in the long run it will improve our site

Thanks in advance

John
John_Timmins is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-02-2005, 22:28   #2

Talking Re: Accystan.co.uk

Get rid of all the ads and popups for a start matey... AccyStanKev is just your average robbing from stanley ultras-copying original content-typical 'journalist' ...

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 11:00   #3
God Member

Re: Accystan.co.uk

giving me proper credit for my pics would be nice.. its www.kipax.com and it should be seen not hidden black writing on dark grey background

It would be nice if one of you went to the games you make up reports about.

Other than that its as per jimbo... too many pop up adverts. spelling and grammer worse than mine and thats saying summat.. "The two games went into the game knowing that the winner would ??

Well you did ask
Old 06-02-2005, 12:52   #4
God Member

Thanks for your replys

OK for the popups they are because of footymad and WE can do nothing about them no matter how annoying they are.

For kevs articles i can do nothing about, he is the main editor of the site

KIPAX you will now get more credit for your pictures which are highly appreciated so we will definatly give you more credit (sorry for the text being "hidden" from easy view)

UNfortunatly we cannot make it to every away game but i do attend every home game as i am a season ticket holder, away games for this season are fiarly expensive for me and kev me being a student i am constantly skint (looking for a part time job), and kev is still at school and probably is also probably skint, As i have said iam looking for a job so once i get the cash flow sorted i will get to more away games therefore be able to write the reports better.

Spelling and grammer sorry about this its just human error but hopefully as this has been highlighted we will take more notice of it. Ill have a chat to Kev about sorting some kind of check out.

Ok thats all so far they will be used and thanks for telling us what you think is wrong so hopefully this should lead to a better site.
anymore comments will be gratefully accepted

Thanks again
John
John_Timmins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 15:55   #5
I am Banned

Re: ****************

Hi,

As John says the popups and adverts are all from Footymad- they need to make money you know!

Once I manage to get a sponsor I will be able to get rid of the national ads and put more local adverts up from whomever sponsors the site and I will begin trying to finbd a sponsopr in the next few weeks- if anybody is interested pleas econtact me via the link below...

As for the spelling adn grammar, I have been trying to find something that I can use a spellchecker on (not word cos i cant afford it lol) but as yet havent found anything. As for the grammar I have had lots and lots to do recently, what with the tons of coursework and the THUNDERBOLT nightclub(visit www.thunderbolt.iceglow.com for more info) and I have not had time to write as many articles aor read over them as mch but in a few weeks everything should be back to normal.

If youbody is interested in giving me and John any suggestions for the site, or if you would like to join John on the co-editor's list or maybe you'd like to become the site sponsor please send me an email with the address below...

Last edited by Roy; 13-02-2005 at 10:38.
accystankev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 18:45   #6
I am Banned

Sorry to be a kill joy just been browsing but u did ask for opinions!! In all honesty i prefer to use the offical accy website for ASFC info as i find it easy to use, well set out n welcoming with many of the side links to pages least filled. I suppose its down to cost n what web designer software n hosting u have so would be harsh to compare., but i do feel its a more masculine domain rather thro design n setup of it whereas i dont get that feel from other footy sites ive been on.

HTH
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 18:47   #7
I am Banned

ps what i mean is it may not appeal to all ASFC fans like kids n girlies based on browing impressions in my opinion.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 19:48   #8
I am Banned

well unfortunatly the layout and popups ect. are out of john and my hands. all we control are the articles but are constantly looking for ways to improve the site so PLEASE if anybody has any unique ideas
accystankev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 19:59   #9
Senior Member+

maybe get some new moderators hehehehe, get a copy of word instead of paying the full price or borrow it off someone so you can install it on your computer
Cafu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 23:20   #10
Senior Member+

http://www.spellcheck.net/
its free put it in your bookmarks and away you go.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 10:34   #11

Did I read this right? John is a student and Kev is still at school? Maybe you should both spend a bit less time playing around with the website and a bit more studying. That way you might just have a fighting chance of improving your literacy.

PS If you can't access spellcheck software programmes buy a dictionary(available for a couple of pounds in the discount bookshops) and read through your text before you commit it. It's not rocket science!
Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 15:40   #12

and that would take how long alice?
stanleyclaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 16:01   #13
Super Moderator

It would probably take about 30 minutes maximum to proofcheck the whole of Kev and John's website. Not a great deal of time and, I would have thought, a prerequisite for any budding journalist!
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 16:08   #14

what 30 mins to go through it all with a dictionary checking all the words?
stanleyclaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 16:13   #15
Senior Member+

They could always attend after school spelling lessons
Cafu01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..