Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2012, 11:18   #46

Re: AccyWeb Player of the Season

And I wouldn't put it past an ex-manager of ours to come sniffing around Deano. He could see class at this level and Deano has it in abundance, along with potential. Injury free....I can only see this lad getting better !!!!

For the attention of Illyas.....Get Deano on a long term (for me a three year deal ). At least if he gets picked up ...at least the club get's recompensed at a fair level !!!

Might be too late !! JC was talking to him on Monday before the Hereford game!!
Old 12-04-2012, 11:18   #47
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpon View Post
For me, Dean Winnard. He has been solid when I've seen him, I think he's a good reason why our defence has lost a bit of that " solidity " since he's been injured and I think he'll go on to a bigger club than Stanley.

Glad he's got another twelve months on his contract, but I sincerely hope that the powers that be at Stanley extend that contract by another couple of years. I think we are still to see the best of "Deano".

And I wouldn't put it past an ex-manager of ours to come sniffing around Deano. He could see class at this level and Deano has it in abundance, along with potential. Injury free....I can only see this lad getting better !!!!

For the attention of Illyas.....Get Deano on a long term (for me a three year deal ). At least if he gets picked up ...at least the club get's recompensed at a fair level !!!

And for those who think I might be getting a bit carried away.....I also saw Tom Lees and said after a couple of games that he could go a long way....Tom Lees will turn out to be too good for Leeds if they carry on stagnating in the Championship...don't be surprised if he ends up playing in the Premier League before too long!!!!

Oh...and sorry..runner up......Padraig Amond !!!! Only hope we can get "Podge" signed up on a permanent next season !!!!
Don't disagree,has been most consistent of our regulars, reason i went fer Kev Mc, i regard him as our most improved,
Old 20-04-2012, 09:42   #48
God Member

Just bumping this thread back up to the top - only another week to get your votes in folks - maybe tomorrow's game will help if you're still not sure who to vote for - thanks to all who have already made their choice
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2012, 20:58   #49
Senior Member+

Agree with so many of the posts on this thread; Podge, Murphy, Deano (before he was injured), Bryan Hughes and Danny Coid (when fit) have been immense, Kevin Long was awsome at times, Toto's improved out of all recognition, Craig's come on a treat and showed versatility we never suspected; probably others who should be considered as well.

Since we only get one vote, though, for me it has to be Kevin McIntyre. I agree with Cashy; when he came, some were unsure about him, but he's won them over with his all-round play, and has been a rock at left back. I even forgive him getting turned inside out by the Morecambe winger in the first half at our place. Most improved by a country mile
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2012, 22:05   #50
Full Member+

Not easy, made even more difficult by Podge's all-action display against the Shrews, as well as Murph's continued improvement and development into one of the club's most reliable players .However, Kevin Mac clinched it for me yesterday. After the first few games I'd have paid for someone to take him off our hands, but how wrong could I be ? What a transformation! I really hope he gets this award, as surely nobody deserves it more.
Oldgobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2012, 07:30   #51
Senior Member+

REALLY hope Kev Mc wins it
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2012, 09:08   #52
Senior Member+

Quite difficult this year as there isn't a single stand out player. Deano and Hughes did well but have had spells out injured. Kev Mc has been very consistent. Paddy has worked very hard up front often on his own but one player being somewhat overlooked on this thread is Craig Linfield. He started the season quite well and scored a couple of goals then Coley left him out which I could not understand. However, since we had the problem of so many defendrers getting injured he volunteered to play right back and he has been a revelation! His attitude is first class and on Saturday he played his heart out and was really knackered at the end. If I was picking the stanley team now his name would be first on the sheet for me at right back.
So for me it is Craig Linfield for The Player of the Year
and Jamie Devitt for the Young Player of the Year
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2012, 16:25   #53
God Member

Only doing one award on this one Choirboy, the OSC vote that was done on Saturday was for the two categories but this is just one award open to all ages - would you like me to take your vote for Craig or Jamie on this?
Old 23-04-2012, 20:52   #54
Senior Member+

OK ... I'll vote for Craig please.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 07:57   #55
God Member

Almost forgot to put my two penn'orth in - difficult this year but think my vote has to go to Kevin McIntyre for the same reasons as others have said, shaky start but has improved by miles over the season
Old 28-04-2012, 08:33   #56
Senior Member+

Kevin Mcintyre wins it this season for me .
david1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2012, 08:43   #57
Senior Member+

podge for me and also in the hope that it'll convince him to stay
Old 29-04-2012, 13:12   #58
God Member

Just bumping this up - voting closes tonight at midnight so if you haven't made your choice yet there's only a few hours left to get your vote in - thanks
Old 29-04-2012, 13:33   #59
God Member

Kev Mc for me please!!

Nightmare start, but now hope he signs up again!!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2012, 15:31   #60

Kevin Mcintyre for me also.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..